Old January 18, 2004, 17:20   #1
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 17:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Play Last World?
I have now an option that reads "Play Last Wold" and once I click on it I get on the map/age/climate screen and I can type in a seed number?! Now I do not know when that option appeared, I updated to 1.13 a week or so ago. I have not found anything in the C3C manual. Can someone explain what this is?

So long..

Last edited by The Pioneer; January 18, 2004 at 18:19.
The Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2004, 17:48   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 12:21
It is listed in the readme, I think it was listed as 1.10. I presme 1.10 was not a released version, 1.12 would be the start of it.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2004, 07:32   #3
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Taken from Jesse Smith's post kindly informing us all about the then upcoming patch:

Quote:
* Implemented ability to enter a seed value on
the world setup screen. It is located in the
upper-right corner. Any character can be entered
as the seed. If the seed is 0 (the default), it
will generate the world normally. If every
character is a number, the value is interpreted
as the seed value and used to generate the
world. In all other cases, a hash table formula
is applied to the string to generate a unique
value that is used to generate the world. While
it is technically possible for two different
strings to evaluate to the same seed, it is
unlikely (i.e., SEED is not the same as DEES --
upper- and lower-case letters will yield
different results as well).
As v1.10 was not released, this turned up in v1.12, essentially the same version as 1.10 but with one major change - the restoration of the original and still present combat roll system, and some smaller changes.

You can find the full list of v1.10 changes
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=103730 here

As for what this means, 'Play Last World' IIRC means you play on the exact same world that you last used. Certainly , if you find the seed number for a world you have used and enter it into the box, you will replay that exact world. You can find the seed for a world by looking in the conquests.ini file (or whatever it is exactly called) after you have loaded a savegame with the world you want. Keep in mind that the world will be exactly the same (supposedly, have not tested thoroughly), but civ placements will not be.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2004, 11:47   #4
The Pioneer
Prince

Local Time: 17:21
Aahh,

Ok I got it. Thanks.

So long....
The Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote