Old January 22, 2004, 01:47   #61
Theben
Deity

Local Time: 12:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yes. They want to be treated as human and women.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old January 22, 2004, 01:49   #62
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 02:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
yeah , do they even like being called babes ???
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old January 22, 2004, 01:50   #63
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 16:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Theben
Yes. They want to be treated as human and women.
They aren't mutually exclusive
Old January 22, 2004, 01:52   #64
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

unles sthey only a girl and not a woman yet !!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old January 22, 2004, 02:35   #65
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 11:21
Quote:
literally makes me physically cringe.
Then don't go to the thread. Simple as that.
Old January 22, 2004, 02:37   #66
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Then don't go to the thread. Simple as that.
I'm not going to, but I still don't want to see it even created.
Old January 22, 2004, 04:45   #67
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 18:21
Aishwarya Rai
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	devdas_027.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	62493  

- Paul Valery
Old January 22, 2004, 04:50   #68
Potassium
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:21
Tass: I really don't see why you're making such a huge deal out of this. If a woman is attractive, I don't see the problem with complimenting her on it. Cos, see, women like to be complimented, even if it's in a rather superficial manner ("Wow, you're really pretty").

If all this thread is going to be is you mofos posting pictures of women you find attractive, then what's the freaking problem? There's absolutely nothing wrong with finding a woman physically attractive and lacking a desire for a relationship.

I fully plan to participate in the thread (<3 Natalie Portman and Shannyn Sossamon). Wouldn't you think if a woman can say she has no problem with it you should lighten up a bit? Good on you for treating women with reverence, but it wouldn't kill you to chill back a bit, especially when it's something as petty as this.
Old January 22, 2004, 05:28   #69
Nubclear

For, what, the fourth time?
I highly doubt the Babe Thread is going to be all nice and clean and smilie and compliments.
It's going to show women in very little clothing and women in provocative poses.
Next time, read the thread
Old January 22, 2004, 05:39   #70
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 00:21
@ this thread
Old January 22, 2004, 06:53   #71
Potassium
Chieftain

I did read the thread, kthx. I will summarize it for you

"Oh hey, this thread was cool, let's do it again"
""
"Blah blah blah revere women blah blah bunch of crap blah blah I need to lighten up"
"Chill back, duder. If you don't like the thread, don't read it"
"Blah blah blah I don't want to see the thread blah blah blah"
"What"
"Read the thread blah blah hurr"
Old January 22, 2004, 08:15   #72
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:21
She fits right in.
Old January 22, 2004, 10:37   #73
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 17:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Potassium

"Blah blah bunch of crap blah blah "
Skanky, do you think we're losing our mystique?

She's got our number, certainly.
Old January 22, 2004, 11:17   #74
Bloody Monk
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Comrade Tass,

Your views on the role of sex shows promise, but, the fundamentalist twist to your conclusions are repellent. Makes me wonder if you are not projecting onto others your judgements about yourself. Old Ben is right; you should be able to look at a picture of a woman w/o going into tilt mode. Lighten up a click or three.

Is laurentius the only one who thinks it's time for a few pics in place of less talk??

Monk
Old January 22, 2004, 13:10   #75
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 10:21
So, I read through this here thread, and it seems to me that you, Tass, are going a bit overboard.

I mean, I understand the argument about reverence and all that and not only do I see your point, but also I support it to a certain degree. But, at the same time, I see no reason why a Babe Thread would contradict your point of view.

I mean, like Monk up there said, one doesn't necessarily think of sex when one sees a picture of a beautiful woman. To me, a good photo of a person is like art. A good photo of a beautiful person is even more so. Now then, there is no reason why admiring the beauty of a woman would be considered lustful even in your books, like you say.

So, then, your whole argument boils down to this: even though it's not bad, in and of itself, to admire a picture of a woman, that's not going to be what happens in the Babe Thread, as people would post pics of women with scant clothing and whatnot. Unfortunately, I have no reason to say otherwise, for, indeed, some people would try to do just that. But I would like to point you to the last babe thread (well, the last one I ever posted in, maybe there's been more since then, but I remember Mark telling us to not start another, so I imagine not). Now, I know you at least glanced at the contents of that thread, because I remember some of your rants in there. If you remember, there was a set of very strict rules as to what kinds of pictures could or could not be posted. They covered pretty much everything that could potentially make the observation of the picture lustful: scant clothing, covering up with anything other than clothing, etc. And these rules were strictly interpreted and enforced by Ming. In fact, I personally had three or four pictures deleted by him, even though they technically didn't contradict the established written rules at the beginning of the thread, but Ming deemed them to be too much. Now, I don't mind, for I do realize we have a family site going here. But that just goes to show that if the thread were restarted, the mods would take it seriously, and stop any efforts of posting inappropriate pictures.

So, the only reason I see to not allow us to start this thread again, really, is if Ming considers it too much extra work in the OT for him to go through the pics of beautiful women and sort out which ones are appropriate and which are not. (Which sounds stupid, by it would, indeed, be a tough task, I imagine. Last time, there was a pic posted every minute on average at certain times of day, so some mod would have to almost exclusively watch this thread...)
Spore page
Old January 22, 2004, 14:39   #76
Nubclear

Quote:
the fundamentalist twist to your conclusions are repellent.
Then look past it. I'm not attempting to appeal to a mass-auidence here.

Quote:
If you remember,
I do not.
If such rules did and will exist, then I also see no problem with this thread.
However...Just a glance into the "New Avatars" thread will reveal pics like this:

http://apolyton.net/forums/attachmen...postid=2653147

If rules are in place to prevent such things from being posted in the Babe Thread, then again I see no problem with it. However if this type of material is in it....
Old January 22, 2004, 15:10   #77
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Bloody Monk: About time. Tass whats wrong with you?

- Paul Valery
Old January 22, 2004, 15:32   #78
Theben
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
However...Just a glance into the "New Avatars" thread will reveal pics like...[sic] If rules are in place to prevent such things from being posted in the Babe Thread, then again I see no problem with it. However if this type of material is in it....
Oh, please... that was only done to get Ixnay's goat. It doesn't qualify as a "babe", so to speak, let alone something worth looking at.

Also consider that these women had their pictures taken: I assume they wanted them to be looked at, for whatever reasons. Case in point:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	beautys mind.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	62509  
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old January 22, 2004, 17:36   #79
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Old January 22, 2004, 17:51   #80
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Laurentius:

You are not the only one, but I want to wait for Markos' decision before posting babe pictures.
Old January 22, 2004, 20:20   #81
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 01:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Do they necessarily induce lust? That's where I think we differ. According to your previous argument, just a picture of a smiling woman would induce lust.
Sure does... See smiling woman, think fellatio.
Old January 22, 2004, 23:49   #82
:) Smiley
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Look, you guys babe thread is gonna eat up so much bandwidth that the rest of Poly is gonna run slower and bleed cash. I'm firmly against this for technical reasons and I'm sure Poly admin is as well.
Old January 23, 2004, 00:11   #83
Kuciwalker
Deity

I am increasingly of the opinion that either a) CT has some serious psychological issues (split personality, anyone?) or b) he's trolling us

I lean towards b

EDIT: come to think of it, I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive...
Old January 23, 2004, 01:07   #84
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
I am increasingly of the opinion that either a) CT has some serious psychological issues (split personality, anyone?) or b) he's trolling us

I lean towards b

EDIT: come to think of it, I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive...
Old January 23, 2004, 01:34   #85
Kuciwalker
Deity

If I'd known how much fun trolling our resident mormon could be, I would've started a long time ago....
Old January 23, 2004, 01:57   #86
Jaguar
C4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Tass, stop trying to impose your Mormon belief system on everyone else.

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005
Old January 23, 2004, 03:44   #87
laurentius
King

Indeed Skywalker

In behalf of myself I will promise to post only women with clothes on, since I dont think flesh is sexy. Boo nakked girls, Yeehaw girls with clothes on!

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; January 23, 2004 at 04:34.
Old January 23, 2004, 04:10   #88
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
See smiling woman, think fellatio.
Mormons do fellatio?

Old January 23, 2004, 04:44   #89
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Fellatio isn't sex. Its a service.

BTW Tass, you shouldn't wind people up.

/me looks at all the porn on his hard drive that Tass has been sharing for years *

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 23, 2004, 04:45   #90
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
Tass, stop trying to impose your Mormon belief system on everyone else.
If you want to look at such images, there are website dedicated to it.