T. Tassagrad production: boy scout 3 23.08%
T. Tassagrad production: write-in 0 0%
T. Tassagrad worker: sea nutrients 0 0%
T. Tassagrad worker: sea minerals 3 23.08%
T. Tassagrad worker: write-in 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 19, 2004, 21:01   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 18:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
A few minor matters
I've got a few points about the current turn I'd like to know your opinion about. I would normally ask Impaler, but he apparently hasn't come online today.

The first two questions are what we should produce first in the captured bases Casablanca and Thermal Tassagrad. A rec commons, a boy scout or something else?
And where should we place the Thermal Tassagradian worker? On the sea nutrients (5-0-2) or the sea mineral square (3-2-2). The advantage of the last one would be that we can produce a boy scout in two turns.

I put a three day voting limit.
Old January 20, 2004, 05:40   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:24
Local Date: November 3, 2010
What are in these bases already, how big are they etc?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 20, 2004, 05:49   #3
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 16:24
Sea mins and 2 boy scouts

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 20, 2004, 09:09   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
What are in these bases already, how big are they etc?
There's nothing in those bases. They are just captured and thus have some offensive units in them, but I would like those to continue on their warpath asap. Also they now have to use lots of doctors and a boy scout could possibly reduce that, besides being a counter against a wandering PEACE schooner that slipped through our defences.
Old January 20, 2004, 18:06   #5
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 09:24
I belive we are producing too many Boy Scouts!!

Its very inefficient for every PEACE base to make its first production a Boy Scout and let me explain why.

When the war is over we will loss all police powers due to use of FreeMarket so most of these Boy Scouts will do nothing for use in terms of Drone control only a few turns after they are produced.

Most bases are not able to put any additonal workers in the field when they have 1 police unit, a Rec Commons though often can result in an additonal worker. The reason is because of the Captured base effect and the size of most of our captured base (3 or 4). In a size 3 base with 3 Drones and 1 police we must still use 2 doctors the same as with no police present. In a size 4 base with 4 Drones a Police unit would again not result in any incressed in the productive workers. A Rec Commons though WILL result in 1 additonal worker even without a police unit.

Also keep in mind that as soon as the war is over most of our marines can move back into these PEACE bases and provide all defensive presense we want, if we produce a ton of Boy scouts now we will just end up with 2 units in every base. They will suck up minerals and slow down things unnessarily.

And we need not be conserned about a PEACE counter attack, they have only 3 Foils left and one Barq. 2 of thouse Foils are in Atlantis and the Barq is is most likly north of Lair because its been moving south for 2 turns now. This leaves only 1 gun Foil unaccounted for, a tiny threat not worth building defenders in every base for.

Consider also the costs of thouse Boy Scouts. Most of the captured bases will have trouble accumulating 10 minerals for us to even get close to the Rec commons, the Boy scouts delay us 2 turns in this effort and thus are costing us 2 turns inwhich extra workers could be out working but arn't.

I think we should focus on Rec Commons first so that the bases can be at their maximum productivity, Case in Point Triplex now that it can work that mineral bonus is going to be very productive and could produce another transport and units for other bases. Rec commons should be our top priority in all of our captured bases and troops a secondary priority.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 20, 2004, 19:56   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
I belive we are producing too many Boy Scouts!!
Your points are solid enough, but there are those two boats unaccounted for (until they are seen then AFAIC they have not been accounted for). What would two boats be able to do to our acquisitions so far? Is losing a couple of them going to make a difference to us, and how soon could we eliminate this minor threat should they actually take these bases?

Old January 20, 2004, 20:08   #7
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Why not starting to build a few defense 1/3/1 guys for future conquests?

In case of another war, they could be sended along with an invasion force and, once away from home, replacements should be build.

Right now, there is almost no defense possible, only occupation. I follow Impaler's reasoning for rec coms be of better use in the new bases. It takes a while before they're builded, but those new bases are no good anyway the first 5-10 turns.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 20, 2004, 20:10   #8
Maniac

I wouldn't mind building a rec commons first in Casablanca as that base is on land (and thus can't be threatened by PEACE ships) and we can leave the plasma garrison behind (though that would mean we can't use that anymore as the garrison of a next conquered base). However it seems rather dangerous to leave the sea base Thermal Tassagrad undefended now. We know the barque is somewhere in that neighbourhood, and we don't have a clue where that last undetected schooner is.

Quote:
What would two boats be able to do to our acquisitions so far? Is losing a couple of them going to make a difference to us, and how soon could we eliminate this minor threat should they actually take these bases?
I see three disadvantages should PEACE manage to temporarily recapture a base of theirs:

1> It will reduce its population size by 2 and most likely destroy all remaining facilities.

2> In order to calculate bureaucracy-drones the game looks at your number of bases. However there's apparently a bug that when you lose a base, your base counter to calculate b-drones isn't reduced by one. This would have as a consequence that when we have 15 bases, lose one and are reduced to 14 bases, but then again recapture the bases to come back to 15, our base counter for b-drones would not be 15 but 16. So we'll get more drones than we normally should if we managed to keep our bases.

3> However I think the biggest problem should PEACE manage to recapture a base is that it will give them a huge morale boost. Until now they haven't even managed to kill one of our units, and we are plowing through their defences like it's nothing. But if they manage to recapture a base, they will realize we're not invincible and will probably give us a much harder time to finish them off.
Old January 20, 2004, 20:19   #9
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Something else:

There is a probe in a conquered base south-west with an peace crawler next to it. Would it cost to much to convert him? Further more, there is that seaformer next to it. I think that one should be destroyed if possible because he can start to destroy the terraforming stuff there.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 21, 2004, 17:29   #10
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Currently all funds are going to the PEG.

Futher the Barq is most likly near Lair not Sealurk/Thermal so their is no need to worrry about its defence.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 23, 2004, 09:54   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Apologies for being the one active Function for not voting. Probably a good thing, as I would have maybe caused a tie, making things difficult for all.

Old January 25, 2004, 17:47   #12
Impaler[WrG]
King

Well it aprears we would have a tie if WIA votes Rec Commons (go ahead and do so if thats your opinion).

Perhaps we should split the results, one boy scout and one Rec Commons. That would be a good compromise and I think would satify all of us.

As Peace has no forces capable of attacking Casablanca lets build Rec Commons their and the Boy Scout in MBV.