Old January 20, 2004, 12:12   #1
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:25
Local Date: November 3, 2010
The Second Coalition - 22 June 1799
Between 1793 and 1797 The First Coalition was created to defeat the French following the French Revolution of 1789, it failed.

British Admiral Nelson wiped out the French fleet in August 1798, while it was in the shallows off Africa. 38,000 French soldiers were stranded.

Europe decided it was time to have another go at defeating France.

And so the Diplomatic Corp came from all over Europe. They came to Vienna. A city of such passion, a city of great culture, a city that had been the cross roads of Civilization many times. And for now a city of much discussion, posturing and The Diplomatic Strut. There were Ambassadors, Diplomats, Princes, Generals, and all manors of staffs. They talked; they argued and all but battled to have their say. So many meetings were held in this Great Hall; and that Grand Residence; at The Palace of the Modern; all to get this matter of Napoleon Bonaparte sorted out.

Yet while all this great theatre was being preformed, a small group met in secret, behind closed doors as it will. On 22 June 1799 the real power makers made the decisions on this matter.

This was a meeting of the Masters of Europe; this was the formation of The Second Coalition.

King Paddy III of England

Czar Pinko I of Russia

King Bongo II of Prussia

King Chrisius IV of Spain

Sultan Wittlich of the Ottoman Empire

Shogun Gunner of Austria

And His Excellency, Cardinal Lacey of the Vatican

This group decided that enough was enough, Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte of France, and his faithful ally, King Gustav IV of Sweden, should go. There was only one answer left.

Let there be WAR!!!

1799, Vienna, this was the year that Beethoven began composing his first symphony.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	beethovens signature.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	62297  
Old January 20, 2004, 13:11   #2
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 17:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Can't wait

Will we have nuclear weapons?
Old January 20, 2004, 16:32   #3
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Spain awaits the coming of the winds of vengeance that are to be unleashed upon the despicable Boneparte!!
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 20, 2004, 18:41   #4
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:25
Who's playing as France?
Old January 20, 2004, 20:14   #5
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Just checking in.

Cool introduction Paddy!

France is being played by the AI.
Old January 20, 2004, 22:23   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Is it too late to throw a human in as France? It would make in more interesting that way.
Old January 21, 2004, 04:25   #7
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I think the game is locked now Big Free!

I'm not sure but isnt this on Sid level, even as a coalition we should have our hands full.

Paddy will know for sure.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 21, 2004, 05:11   #8
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree

Is it too late to throw a human in as France? It would make in more interesting that way.
Hi Big Free,

Thanks for this offer. At this time we will decline and soldier on with the game.

The goal of the game was to take on a SID level Napoleon Bonaparte with 6 humans in the coalition.

We are really interested in how bad ol' SID is....

If the AI lets us down, we may be in touch....
Old January 21, 2004, 05:20   #9
BigFree
Deity

Do the deed!
Old January 21, 2004, 05:23   #10
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

A 6 human coalition will beat Sid with ease.
Old January 21, 2004, 06:29   #11
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

We'll see. France is stronger but we are smarter

I picked preussia without looking at the scenario first and all I can say is *ouch* Feels like entering a tournament wearing a cotton t-shirt(with crosshairs painted on) when that other guy is wearing full armor.

Ah well, historically it seems accurate enough.
Old January 22, 2004, 02:30   #12
dialectic2003
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:25
Da, we are going to whup some French le dierre! Sid aggression level be damned, full speed ahead.

So, shall we begin the plotting: Are we going to operate a technology share and share alike policy or keep our cards close to our chests? The first would make it easier to defeat the dastardly Bonaparte, the second might prolong the game and make it more interesting ... what does everyone think?

BTW, nice intro Paddy!
Old January 22, 2004, 07:16   #13
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

I think we would be wise to share tech, the smaller nations who dont get the extra special units will be at a major disadvantage without the better miliatary techs.

Never played at sid but I reckon the AI Boney will have a massive advantage on tech rate, and starts with the best developed nation in the scenario.

Ill go with the masses though
Old January 22, 2004, 10:33   #14
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Napoleon will have a massive production advantage. France is also the strongest civ in the beginning of the game.

Those of us who border france(myself and chrisius) will have a hard time in the beginning.
Old January 22, 2004, 10:45   #15
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Those of us who border france(myself and chrisius) will have a hard time in the beginning.
This is the main reason why I picked the Ottoman Empire.

Any how, I'm all for tech sharing amongst us humans.
Old January 22, 2004, 21:09   #16
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 10:25
*Octavian puts 5g on France winning...
Old January 23, 2004, 09:17   #17
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:25
bongo,

I believe Austria is close enough to France to be threatened as well. Remember, Austria was Napoleon's first conquest.

I may send a settler far east to build an emergency alternative capital. maybe we can make a deal, wittlich? Got a Turkish hill you don't need somewhere in the Caucasian mountains?

Great setup Paddy! Looking forward to this game!!!!
Old January 23, 2004, 09:53   #18
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I started the scenario as preussia just to take a look. In the scenario, preussia is unaligned, it doesn't seem that hard to stay out of trouble long enough to build up some credible defence(note, this was with AI agression to average and monarch level). In this game however, we start in a locked alliance, which probably means that france is probably going to attack us from turn zero. Ah well, adds to the fun really. I'm doing so well in another PBEM that I need a beating now

Oh, you can't build settlers in this scenario btw.
Old January 23, 2004, 10:15   #19
Paddy
Prince

King Bongo II of Prussia,

It does the family good to note that you have your troops out training for the upcoming festivities in Paris.

Our very own garrison in Amsterdam have had the pleasure of witnessing some of your gallant Cavalry in their manouvres.

The garrison commander has orders to assist you in any way that he can, with the limited supply that he has available to him.

regards,
Thames House
Old January 23, 2004, 10:38   #20
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

So...any timeframe as to when we're going to launch this puppy?
Old January 23, 2004, 10:52   #21
Paddy
Prince

The turn has stalled in Russia,,,,....

Internal troubles and all that... seems the Czarina cut the DSL cable while the Czar was doing the bath scene as demonstrated by his friend Prince Akeem, in "Coming to America."

The save should be on its way to Prussia in the coming 24 - 36 hours.

Your patience is appreciated.

Old January 23, 2004, 10:53   #22
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Got a mail from Pinko stating that he would be email-challenged until next week (wednesday?)

@Paddy , shouldn't my title have been König Bongo?
Old January 23, 2004, 11:10   #23
Paddy
Prince

Yes, well Czar Pinko and his Royal entourage are travelling via coach to my establishment to get this matter rectified... that is to move this along before Wednesday

As to titles Your Excellency, One would assume that to call you "Koing," that One would be writing the note in your specific language.

And as much as the french may have tried hard to become the language of diplomacy, One believes that you will see arise of the English language throughout the world.

As it is, with the sun never setting on the English Empire, their is some one speaking the English language in the light of day at all times. Marvelous what.

Old January 23, 2004, 11:10   #24
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Ah yes...I received the same email - forgot about that.
Old January 23, 2004, 14:48   #25
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:25
With the title of "Shogun" I guess I represent the Japanese royal family intermarrying with the Austrian Hapsburgs.....

No settlers...hmmm.... I've never even looked at this scenario once... I think I better do that just to take a look at the map if nothing else....

Oh yeah...Gustav is a PUNK.
Old January 26, 2004, 09:05   #26
Paddy
Prince

Life moves in mysterious ways.

One smiles as the courier departs...

the papers have been signed

the wax will dry en route to Prussia...

*The King and the Czar look across the Castle grounds, watching as the Royal couriers depart the grounds. Raising their glasses in a toast, they share a laugh at Bonapartes expense.*

Old January 26, 2004, 13:07   #27
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Sent the save to Rey Chrisius 35 minutes ago but I may have screwed up as I played with an unpatched version of c3c.

Which brings up the next question, Have we agreed on a patch level yet? 1.12beta?
Old January 26, 2004, 13:12   #28
Paddy
Prince

It was all set up on my PC, which is set at Patch 1.12

Old January 26, 2004, 13:56   #29
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

I got the save ok and have sent it on to Wittlich

One question Paddy, I thought this was supposed to be at Sid level ? only Im sure it said regent level when I loaded it up
Old January 26, 2004, 15:11   #30
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I'll have it patced now then.

Oh, I happen to have some items for trade, 1 wine, 2 horses and 1 salpeter. Anyone in need for something?