Old March 16, 2004, 18:08   #301
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 17:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
the save has gone to wittlich earlier
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 16, 2004, 18:15   #302
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26

Kids, kids! Hasn't your parents ever told you to play nice?!

Jul 1803AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old March 17, 2004, 08:45   #303
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:26
The Austrian Empire looks on with great interest.

This issue must be solved. The Austrian empire demands peace on its borders and we do not relish the possibility of British/Spanish skirmishes with Prussian troops in the lands to our north.

I must once again demand a peaceful resolution to this conflict or Austria will act next turn. We will protect our interests.

Turn to King Paddy.
Old March 17, 2004, 09:18   #304
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
hmmmm on to Iron J
Old March 17, 2004, 10:09   #305
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Russian troops re-gained control of the alliance-city of Kristianstad. Unfortunately the cowardous ruler of Prussia has already left the town.
Old March 17, 2004, 17:48   #306
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

No point in hanging around there is it?

Did some fighting...a quick look at the powergraph reveals that this is not going to last very long, or be very interesting..unless I get some allies of course
Old March 17, 2004, 18:57   #307
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Ah Konig Bongo, you would have done well to seek allies prior to your blatant act of aggression. Strange that you find it odd that your actions have incensed the rest of us !

I believe that at the moment you are at war with myself Paddy and Iron, with Shogun and Wittlich presently staying neutral.

Shogun has stated very clearly that if peace does not return he will take action, and I have issued a three turn, now two turn ultimatum for you to hand back what you stole from Paddy, and sue for peace.

If you desire Allies then you would be best to learn how to use diplomacy, after all how can you expect us to trust you if you can impulsively attack one of us for no apparent reason.

You still have a chance to avert total war, but it is in your hands only. You can blame no one really if we all pile on, and grab what we can, its what every good civ player would do given the chance to be on the winning side and make gains

Konig Bongo I do believe the ball is in your court!

Sent to Wittlich
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 17, 2004, 19:45   #308
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Sep 1803AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old March 17, 2004, 23:46   #309
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

The Austrian people are saddened that peace was such a short lived event. Mothers and wifes cry as the Austrian army calls up the reserves -- men who had just had returned home to their loved ones and enjoyed the warm embraces they had missed so much. The children cry for their Daddy as he pulls on his backpack and walks up the road...towards to the local army bivouac.

At the army base, officers are yelling orders in a chaotic scene. Horse drawn wagons are transporting war materials to central supply depots. Soldiers fall into their well-worn routines of drilling and marching. Companies of Hussars gallop out of the cities towards to northern border... An Austrian Field Marshall sighs as he ponders the future of his men...men that were lucky to survive the first war...only to be put in harms way in another needless conflict... The veteran Field Marshall looks up in the sky and prays to God for a peaceful resolution...

will his pray be heard?

Nov 1803 AD to King Paddy -- Inshallah (that one's for you Sultan!)
Old March 18, 2004, 23:03   #310
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

hmmm...

with a mixture of sadness and outrage my men move against Prussia...
Old March 19, 2004, 17:38   #311
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

More outrage than sadness I dare say. In fact, Mostly Rage.

Any hopes of peace were truly shattered when I learned that the cities of Hannover and Frankfurt has been destroyed. The unfortunate citizens were either killed on the spot by the ravaging english hordes or taken as slaves. The deaths are uncountable. It is very clear that King Paddy never wanted this issue to be solved peacefully. While I still can return what I took from him, there is no way he can return what he took from me.

The rest of you should think long and hard about this. While I am not perhaps worthy of having you as allies, King Paddy has Proven beyond any doubt that he is a ruler worth fighting against. He does not even bother to conquer, all he want is to destroy.
Old March 19, 2004, 19:00   #312
Paddy
Prince

You had the opportunity for peace, Mapoleon was vanquished...

Now that your days are numbered you cry foul...

All very interesting watching your diplomacy at work
Old March 19, 2004, 19:10   #313
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

! more turn to go before Spanish troops leave their homelands to deliver swift justice to the Prussian people !!

Konig Bongo this is your last chance to beg for mercy, I am sure King Paddy would be more than happy to watch you squirm
Old March 20, 2004, 06:13   #314
bongo
lifer
Emperor

If the Spanish share the british view of 'justice' then I know what lies ahead. The slaughter of every sinlge Preussian man and women, infants and old people included.

What you call justice is nothing but atrocities and genocide.
Old March 20, 2004, 06:26   #315
Paddy
Prince

So you want Justice now...

So do you surrender your crown, and are you ready to hand yourself over to the English Courts for your war crimes?

edit:

War Crime -
attacked and destroyed British Garrison Units.
took British town in lands of the late Gustav.

then looked to plead innocence on just checking if alliances were locked.

Peace -
Yes Peace can be attained any time you want.
Except for Berlin, You need to evenly distribute all of your Towns, Cities and Villages to each of the other Lords of this game.

Britain has NO desire to have any Prussian Town in its pocessian.

Last edited by Paddy; March 20, 2004 at 06:38.
Old March 20, 2004, 06:31   #316
bongo
lifer
Emperor

My so called war crimes pales compared to your crimes against humanity. Call me a backstabber but I am not a massmurderer.
Old March 20, 2004, 06:42   #317
Paddy
Prince

Massmurder... well that may be the price that is paid in a WAR you initiated...

War Crime -
attacked and destroyed British Garrison Units.
took British town in lands of the late Gustav.

then looked to plead innocence on just checking if alliances were locked.

Peace -
Yes Peace can be attained any time you want.
Except for Berlin, You need to evenly distribute all of your Towns, Cities and Villages to each of the other Lords of this game.

Britain has NO desire to have any Prussian Town in its pocessian.
Old March 20, 2004, 06:52   #318
Paddy
Prince

I have been approached that my terms of peace are too Harsh for you Prussia...

So what do you suggest Lord Bongo
Old March 20, 2004, 07:03   #319
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Konig Bongo I do not share the same view of justice as the King of England, but I do not hold him responsible for this war! the blame for that lies squarely with yourself.

I have told the King that his terms are a little too heavy, and would effectively rub Prussia from the Maps. He has asked me if I would like to mediate a treaty of peace between you two, and I have agreed to attempt this.

If you are willing to sit at the table with me Lord Bongo then shall we try to bring an end to this dispicable situation. ?

Please contact me either by rider or this thread
Old March 20, 2004, 08:25   #320
bongo
lifer
Emperor

What crimes of war are you talking about? Yes it was a surprise attack, yes I took advantage of our RoP, yes units were killed, the same way units have been killed in any war.

I want Hannover and Frankfurt Back. Simple as that. Your razing of these cities is an act that simply cannot be justified.
Old March 20, 2004, 08:43   #321
Paddy
Prince

So does this mean that there is no chance for peace???
Old March 20, 2004, 09:05   #322
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Austrian Foreign Service Press Release
The Austrian Foreign Service hereby releases the following position to any interested parties in regard to Kristianstad Incident

Austria has remained a neutral party to date and has repeatedly asked for a peaceful resolution to this conflict. Austria does not believe Prussia showed proper judgement in attacking the British garrison at Kristianstad. The Austrian view is both the local commander of Prussian forces, which attacked British troops at Kristianstad, and senior members of the Prussian government should be held accountable for their actions. Austria supports only peaceful methods to resolve this dispute.

The Austrian people are horrified at the razing of Hannover and Frankfurt by British troops. In the Austrian view, this crime is at least as severe as the Prussian attack on Kristianstad. The British complaint about Kristianstad rested with the Prussian military and Prussian leadership, not the Prussian people, their cities and livelihood. From all available accounts, the Austrian people are deeply aware of massive suffering by the Prussian people. Emergency civilian aid has been organized and sent to the Prussian people.

To this end, the Austrian empire announces a policy shift.

1. Austrian Troops will enter Prussia to delivery emergency aid AND protect against any more damage to the Prussian people, cities and their homes by British troops.
2. Austria demands that England remove its troops from Prussian terroritory.
3. Austria requests that Prussia yield its Scandinavian terrorities conquered in the war to Britian and Russia.
Old March 20, 2004, 09:14   #323
Paddy
Prince

For the sake of Peace in this modern time, I am interested in withdrawing my troops.

Let it be known that I have no need for any of the Prussian Posessions, of all things we were looking to again seed them to Prussia.

So, they can go to any other land, just not Britian.
Old March 21, 2004, 07:11   #324
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
Let it be known that I have no need for any of the Prussian Posessions,
A very bad excuse indeed for razing them
Old March 21, 2004, 08:32   #325
Paddy
Prince

Yes surely it is a bad excuse...

So do we have peace yet ?
Old March 21, 2004, 10:08   #326
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Where's the save? The Austrian State Department has yet to hear from the Ottoman Empire....
Old March 21, 2004, 13:21   #327
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Sorry, was out of town for 2 days...

Nov, 1803AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old March 21, 2004, 14:31   #328
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Re: Austrian Foreign Service Press Release
Quote:
Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
3. Austria requests that Prussia yield its Scandinavian terrorities conquered in the war to Britian and Russia.
Does this this include cities taken from Britain/Russia (only one so far) or cities taken from sweden/france as well?
Old March 21, 2004, 16:40   #329
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Re: Re: Austrian Foreign Service Press Release
Quote:
Originally posted by bongo

Does this this include cities taken from Britain/Russia (only one so far) or cities taken from sweden/france as well?
Perhaps I should have rephrased that request.

The Austrian empire suggests a resolution to the conflict along the stated lines. However, we defer to King ChrisiusMaximus, acting as mediator to this conflict, to arbitrate the specifics.
Old March 21, 2004, 16:52   #330
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

I will gladly Arbitrate but neither party has yet informed me of their terms if any!

EDIT might we suggest an imediate ceasefire whilst we try to work out the details ?

Iron of the Russias what say you ?