Old April 19, 2004, 23:38   #481
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
OK, so lets upgrade this game to v1.22 now...

We should all have played enough games with this version to know it is stable enough.
Old April 20, 2004, 01:21   #482
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

onto the Iron Prince

and what a mess...

March 1805 Foreign Advisor
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	may 1805 fa.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	70258  
Old April 20, 2004, 02:28   #483
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 17:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Well you see Lord war monger Shogun I was still niavely hoping that somewhere there was a faint glimmer of goodness in you, and that you would see the error of your ways and pull us back from the brink.

I dont mind being labelled niave, far better than be known as a treacherous dog.

Pour out your insults while you still can, while your neck still has the capacity for speech.

I will see you and your puppet the Ha!! mighty Sultan who is without peer, a joke if ever there were one, both hang for your crimes.

You can run but you cant hide and we will drag your wretched forms to justice!!!
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 20, 2004, 04:25   #484
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Remember that Kings and their equals never commits crimes, thus they cannot be punished. Crime and punishment are concepts that apply to lower classes only.

However, even a king may lose, and the prize for failure can be a stretched neck.
Old April 20, 2004, 04:31   #485
Paddy
Prince

Yes and a long neck for the Emperor of Austria I forsee

What do you see with your 2nd Sight Lord Gunner?
Old April 20, 2004, 06:55   #486
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:26
I see Hussars charging up Downing Street as the defeated British soldiers run away.
Old April 20, 2004, 08:08   #487
Paddy
Prince

Hope you have lots of Hussars old Chap

Last I saw you had trouble heading your way...
Old April 22, 2004, 05:42   #488
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Sent to the Sultan
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 22, 2004, 09:32   #489
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26
May 1805AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old April 23, 2004, 13:24   #490
Paddy
Prince

is this a look into the future

a look at the new europe
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	new europe.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	70543  
Old April 24, 2004, 04:55   #491
Paddy
Prince

Gunner are ya out there lad...

this game has not been upgraded yet, so ya just have to play your turn...

honest, the above map is just a projection, ya still have some towns at this time - honest
Old April 24, 2004, 13:53   #492
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

As a heads-up, my mother-in-law has passed away and I will be out of town next week to attend her wake / funeral (down in LA). I will leaving tomorrow morning and should be back next Friday.
Old April 24, 2004, 16:04   #493
Paddy
Prince

Condolences to you and yours throughout this time.
Old April 24, 2004, 23:01   #494
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Wittlich -- sorry to hear such terrible news.

Save to Paddy.
Old April 25, 2004, 00:41   #495
Paddy
Prince

onto the Iron Prince
Old April 25, 2004, 01:04   #496
Paddy
Prince

July 1805

The Man-O-War Rook was dispatched to the coastal town of Marsielle.

Disturbing is the only way I can discribe the report that they sent back.

The following picture shows the ruins that was onve the city of Marsielle. A city that stood proudly in May of this year.

What you cannot see here is the massive fighting force that Spain brought to bear on the garrison of Marsielle.

You can see to the northeast of the city a stack of Ottoman troops. What is not shown here is that most of these troops are severly damaged. Horribly maimed.

The onslaught must have been fericous. As one would expect when one is confronted by the Armies of the Spainish people. So soon people forget the damage that the Spainish laid on the mighty Armies of Napoleon. How despite attack after attack, the Spainish never gave an inch to Napoleon. That in turn they push against the monster and his mighty war machine and conquered many lands. So I was not surprised to see damaged troops evacuating the onslaught.

My surprise was that Marsielle laid in ruins. Time and again I have been spoken to loudly, and very forcefully by many parties on the damage I caused in laying ruin the cities of the Prussian people. Lord Chrisius of the Spainish was one of these people.

So why I asked? Why did he level Marsielle in the opening stages of this war.

Then my Generals assured me that he did not level Marsielle. That despite the actions of their guns, the Spainish Armies did not do this deed.

I draw your attention now to the ruins of Marsielle.

Standing proudly on the smoking ruins you will see an Ottoman Grand Battery.

This Ottoman unit had fired on the assaulting Spainish units and could not then join the fleeing Ottoman troops.

Thus it was the very fleeing Ottoman troops that ABANDONED the CITY, that left it in ruins.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	july 1805.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	70677  
Old April 25, 2004, 21:11   #497
Paddy
Prince

So no comments from the Galleries yet?

Makes one wonder...
Old April 25, 2004, 21:24   #498
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Old April 25, 2004, 21:29   #499
Paddy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
Yes I can but imagine the feelings that the Spainish are going through at this time.
Old April 27, 2004, 07:56   #500
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

An Austrian diplomat rises in the Austrian Parliment

I have read the latest dispatch from the British regarding Marseilles. So let me see if I understand. Leaving a city in ruins on this occasion is wrong.

One concludes, analyzing the British logic, that leveling the houses of your own citizens is wrong, but its okay if the houses belong to citizens of another nation. Austria will remember when our armies waltz through Spain and England later in this war.

So sad that the Spanish could not expand their empire.

Thank you, Chairperson, the Austrian diplomat yields the balance of his time, to the honorable Foreign Minister

Last edited by Shogun Gunner; April 27, 2004 at 08:06.
Old April 27, 2004, 08:03   #501
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

The Austrian Foreign Minister rises in the Austrian Parliment

Thank you, honorable Chairperson. My remarks will be brief.

A poll was taken in Marseilles as the Spanish militia approached the city. The options were simple.

1. Stay and risk being captured as Spanish subjects.
2. Retreat with the Ottomon army and continue to support the government and army which supported you.

The results were overwhelming with 88% seeking the second option; 5% seeking the first option; and 7% no opinion/did not answer. This poll had a margin of error of +/- 3%.

The individuals that sought to stay were permitted to do so and they were provided tents and enough supplies to last before the Spanish arrived.

These facts have been shared and verified to me, by my counterpart in the Ottoman government, the Ottoman Foreign Minister.

Thank you Mr. Chairperson, I wish to yield the balance of my time to the Austrian diplomat
Old April 27, 2004, 12:42   #502
Paddy
Prince

Oh right - well if either of these statements were to mean anything there would be a very very large group of worker units nearby.

I have units on the scene - thus the discovery.

No worker units at all.

This is looking like mass extermination of your own citizens.

That sir is surely a more horrible crime than any other listed so far.

To kill all of your population
Old April 27, 2004, 16:43   #503
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Finally got my new comp. Took some time to set it up so I never got around to play....

The save is with me, it will (hopefully) be sent sometime tomorrow.
Old April 27, 2004, 20:15   #504
Paddy
Prince

Good value
Old April 28, 2004, 04:00   #505
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I'll take the old comp out in the yard an shoot it...
Old April 28, 2004, 17:31   #506
bongo
lifer
Emperor

There will be another 24hour delay as I couldn't find the full 1.15b patch. I want to do a dual install as I still have 1,15b games going. I have to install 1.15b FIRST for it to work. I think I have the file at work, which is unavailable from home
Old April 29, 2004, 00:13   #507
Paddy
Prince

ahh it is all good

Wittlich will be away too
Old April 29, 2004, 03:02   #508
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Oh, I found the full 1.15b file at work btw
Old April 29, 2004, 13:54   #509
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

I'm back now.

Concerning the missing stack of workers from Marseille, they are there - just not in the form of workers. The garrison in the city assigned all citizens rifles and "conscripted" them into the defense of the Ottoman Empire. The city was indeed abandonded, but it was just a shell of a city when the retreat order was given. Marseille has surved the Ottoman Empire well in this confict and will be remembered as a patriotic city which gave the supreme sacrifice - itself.

I have decreed that all banners of the Ottoman Empire be lowered to half-mast to show respect for the brave citizens of Marseille and the tough choice that had to be made in service to the greater good of the Ottoman Empire.
Old April 29, 2004, 15:22   #510
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Nice touch, Sultan. Yes, those brave Ottoman soldiers and citizens-soldiers will be provided for as they travel through the Austrian empire.

The Austrian empire has lowered our flags to half mast as well.

(welcome back, Wittlich)