Old February 6, 2004, 20:38   #91
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 17:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Oops

Thanks for bailing me out Paddy

I must have addressed it to you out of habit

Sorry about that Wittlich old chap
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old February 6, 2004, 21:05   #92
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:25
No problems.

Jan, 1800AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old February 7, 2004, 01:31   #93
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:25
March 1800AD to Paddy.

I report Imperial Calvary movement on my border with France. Just one unit attacking a border position and killing one of my muskets. I shall avenge with my Hussars next turn!

We will wear down this French beast.
Old February 7, 2004, 02:46   #94
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:25
Local Date: November 3, 2010
March 1800AD to the Iron Prince...

Milan, the battle fields be full of blood... and I feel it can only get worse... We may not be able to hold this City, but we will take as many of the French as we can.

Another troop taken out in the Atlantic.

Lord Konig Bongo,
How long before you feel you will be ready to head into the Danish lands...

Lord Shogun Gunner,
Hold fast Sir.

Lord King Chrisius of the Spanish,
Be careful taking on the French with your musketmen. The French are very deadly against these troops.

Lord Sultan Wittlich,
One hopes that your strong Horsemen are well and that we will see some of them in the coming months.

Lord Iron Prince,
Will we be seeing you in the battles for the Danish lands?
Old February 7, 2004, 03:55   #95
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Mi'Lord Paddy, the great Ottoman Sipahis are busy loading into transports at various ports as we now speak....though it might take a while to get the Ottoman fleet underway since berth space for our Sipahi riders is very demanding (ie, do you know how much is costs in shields to build one of those buggers! )
Old February 8, 2004, 07:25   #96
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Sire, of course the russian troops will be at the danish front.

-> to Bongo
Old February 8, 2004, 13:17   #97
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Vice Tsar Iron Jackson, we note your troops going west through our land, we will try to keep the roads free, but as the roads are not so many as they should be, you may find your movement restricted from time to time. We have ordered our workers to construct new roads though.

King Paddy, thank you very much for nationalism. We have upraded a lot of troops this turn. Our tropps are already moving north. I will be able to leave hamburg in 2-3 turns with 5 cannons, 6-8 fusilers and a couple of cavalry units. We still have money left after the upgrades so if you are in need of cash, please let me know.
Old February 8, 2004, 14:49   #98
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Turn sent to Wittlich

King Paddy do you need assistance in Italy ? and please accept our new shipment of gold in thanks for Nationalism.

A French regular unit has headed into Pyrenees region I suspect in defence of my placing of units over the border back in January. Although at this stage it is not clear what their intentions are I suspect we shall come under fire in the coming months.

We are still striving to increase the size of our land forces and will hold of from a direct assault on french holdings until we have greatly bolstered our artillery division.

Sultan Wittlich we would humbly request that you send what support you can as soon as possible myself and the glorius English have naval supremacy in the mediteranean, so your transports should be quiet safe.

We may have forced the enemys hands too early for our own good but we place our lives in Gods hands and pray for salvation through the dark days ahead.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old February 8, 2004, 16:21   #99
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Chrisius, did you really send the save to me, or did you send it to Paddy again?

In another words, I have not received it yet.
Old February 8, 2004, 17:11   #100
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

King Bongo and Vice Tsar Iron Jackson:

The Austrian Empire stands ready to help. If Austrian roads prove to be a viable alternative, please don't hesitate to send your troops through our territory, allies.

At this time, the Austrian empire has committed all available troops to the common French-Austrian border. We need to concentrate our defense there. We are also concerned about the fate of Milan. King Paddy, we can lend 2-3 muskateers and perhaps 2 Hussars to support your defenses at Milan. Where shall we deploy them, friend? Please indicate specific location, perhaps north of Milan, in the hills?
Old February 8, 2004, 18:51   #101
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Save resent to Wittlich, hope you get this one
Old February 8, 2004, 19:40   #102
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Got it. Thanks Chrisius.

Mar, 1800AD Turn sent to Shogun.

My troops should be underway in about 2 turns from now. This initial force will be made up of 2 transports full of my personal riders (7 total) and one defensive unit - for a total of 8 units. More Ottomans are currently in training.

I plan on attacking France's only city that gives him access to the Mediterranean Sea - the city of Marseille.
Old February 8, 2004, 19:42   #103
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Good news indeed, I will keep an eye to the southern shores of France and try to coordinate an attack with you when you land, to try to divert some attention away from your forces

Best of luck
Old February 8, 2004, 19:47   #104
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Yes Lord Sultan... Good luck in this attack...

If we can break the blockade of Milan, we may be able to hold your eastern flank.
Old February 8, 2004, 19:49   #105
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

King Paddy have you got enough gold ?
Old February 8, 2004, 19:54   #106
Paddy
Prince

Lord Chrisius,
please feel free to enship some Gold over if you can spare it. Yet your upgrade costs of your musketmen may eat up the stocks in your vaults. I have a transporter making its way up the Portugese coast heading for the Mountains. We should be able to hold these mountains until our troops have upgraded to these fancy new weapons, then we should discuss our attack on the French.

Lord Gunner,
Your troops would be well placed on the hills north of Milan. Thank you forthis valued assistance.

Lord Bongo,
I will load some transporters and head for these Danish lands. Also some of my heavy cavalry will make their way across the land.

Lord Wittlich,
We welcome that you have trrops on their way.

Lord Iron Prince,
Unto war my friend.

Last edited by Paddy; February 8, 2004 at 20:00.
Old February 8, 2004, 21:15   #107
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Save to you King Paddy...

I have the beginning contingent arriving in the hills north of Milan.

Thank you for Nationalism, King Paddy. I have performed some upgrades and now have several Grenzers. A good thing since French Imperial Cavalry continue to menace the state of Salzburg and its eastern hinterlands.

Code Civil in 6 turns...
Old February 9, 2004, 03:46   #108
Paddy
Prince

Onto The Lord General of the Russia's, Iron Prince Jackson.

My worthy Allies, Hold Fast Against the powers of Boneparte.
Yes he does have a strong force, and his battle skill is well known, yet I believe that we have the ability to take him and leave his forces in shreds.

My Lord Gunner,
Your troops are a ggod site on the Northern hills of Milan.
My garrison in Milan is holding, for a while longer at least.

My Lord Chrisius,
Your warships are a very welcome sight, both in the Atlantic and the Med. I hope that we can hold these mountains.
Old February 9, 2004, 14:32   #109
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

To Kong Paddy and vice Tsar Iron Jackson.

I have now sent the first group of units(3 cannons, 5 fusilers and one cavalry towards denmark) A second group is on the way. Please keep the roads directly north and south of Hamburg clear.

Vice Tsar Iron Jackson. I'm sorry to report that the path NE of hamburg are temporary blocked by a worker crew. They will construct a road to shorten the route to the front for your slower units, please have patience.
Old February 9, 2004, 15:16   #110
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

May 1800 sent to Wittlich

To all Spain dear allies, while we all face dark times ahead in this struggle I have some good news to share with you all.

We fully expected the French division sent into the Pyrenees to attack our troops fortified in the Mountains just inside French territory. Fools they sent this lone troop into our lands and within range of our cannon.

Yes we obliterated them and finished them off with a grand cavalry charge, for which the regular cavalry unit coomanders were promoted to veteran status.

The unit destroyed was regular Voltiguers. My friends tonight all spain rejoices at this victory and france has one less tooth on the cogs of its war machine.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	fresh meat.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	63922  
Old February 9, 2004, 16:02   #111
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

That's good news indeed Lord Chrisius!

May 1800AD, Turn sent to Shogun.
Old February 9, 2004, 18:58   #112
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Great News, Lord ChrisiusMaximus!!! We celebrate your victory over the French dogs.

Four turns to Code Civil.

Lord Paddy, we detect another impending attack on Milan. We will bring additional troops as long as the French-Austrian border remains quiet.

July 1800 AD to Paddy.
Old February 9, 2004, 22:18   #113
Paddy
Prince

Lord Iron Prince,
Your assistance has been greatly noted in my natiosn leaders. The turn is to you.

Lord Bongo,
The road should be clear of my Cavalry. I have unloaded a troop ship to the far north, and have another on its way. The Privateer you may see along your way is mine.

Lord Chrisius,
That is good news indeed.

Lord Gunner,
Thank yet again for your assistance in the area of Milan.
Old February 10, 2004, 16:19   #114
bongo
lifer
Emperor

My first 10 units have now crossed the danish border.

Vice Tsar Iron Jackson, I must again beg you to not block the roads directly north and south of hamburg. Your cossack are blocking the road for my second stack which now idles south of hamburg. Also, please avoid stopping at chokepoints, my limited road network are completely filled with long lines of russian soldiers.
Old February 10, 2004, 16:41   #115
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

save sent on to Wittlich

No news from Spain this month, we continue to buils units, and Ive sent a boat with 3 units to Milan to help out King Paddy
Old February 10, 2004, 16:52   #116
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

double post
Old February 10, 2004, 18:03   #117
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Jul, 1800AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old February 10, 2004, 22:17   #118
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Not much to report this month...

King Paddy, the residents of Salzburg throw flowers and candies towards your impressive Household Cavalry. Oh, what an impressive sight those mounted troops are as they march through Austria!!!

September 1800 AD save to King Paddy.
Old February 11, 2004, 00:27   #119
Paddy
Prince

Lord Iron Prince,
Good to hear that you have your troops on the move.

Lord Chrisius,
That is good news indeed. Your troop ship is a good sight. There will soon be four of us in the district. Napoleon is going to get his hands burnt.

Lord Gunner,
Thank yet again for your assistance in the area of Milan.
And our thanks to your people for their fine hospitality for my mounted troops.

Lord Wittlich,
On your approach to Marsielles you may note that Lord Chrisius and I have this port city blockaded quited well. Please indicate to my Admirals which approach you would like opened for your self.

Lord Bongo,
The Dans must surely see the mighty force you have entering their region. I bid you great luck in your up coming battles.

The attached pic shows some of the current placements of Brittish assests:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sept 1800 brittish troops small.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	64041  
Old February 11, 2004, 14:37   #120
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

I reckon we will soon see some of Napoleans cities falling into our hands