Old February 11, 2004, 14:42   #121
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 17:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I reckon we will soon see some of Napoleans cities falling into our hands
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old February 11, 2004, 17:05   #122
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:26
I'm beginning to wonder if Napeleon has a chance!

It appears that the Danish isles are likely to fall to combined forces of Prussia/Russia/England. It will be very difficult for Napoleon to reinforce these cities. The British navy will intercept any attempt to resupply by sea. That's potentially three cities captured in the Danish isles.

The south of France is about to come under attack by the Turks/Spanish/Austrians/British. Two or three cities could be directly threatened. This should relieve the pressure on Milan and cut Napoleon's access to the Med. Which in turn allows our fine Spanish and British allies to redeploy their naval assets to the Atlantic coastline of France. That should pin down some French troops.

I pray there is no desperate campaign from France into Austria in response to these attacks. This could create civil unrest and propel the Austrian people to depose their beloved leader I'm sure this thought has crossed Lord Bongo's mind as well concerning Prussia.
Old February 12, 2004, 04:25   #123
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

There will be a delay folks, I didn't have time to play yesterday evening when I first got the save so you'll have to wait until this evening when I get home from work

Edit: minor typo

Last edited by bongo; February 12, 2004 at 04:31.
Old February 12, 2004, 16:18   #124
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

On to Rey Chrisius of Spain

Note to Vice Tsar Iron Jackson of Russia. I have now completed the 'coast road'. It runs along my baltic coast, from the russian to the danish border. It is clear of all Preussian troops and are shorter than the route you are currently using. Enjoy Oh, please don't block the path of my second army north of Hamburg, it is currently heading for Vejle.

King Paddy, I note that Copenhagen has gone below 7 in size, would you have had anything to do with it?
Old February 12, 2004, 16:33   #125
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Sep 1800 sent to Wittlich

Nothing much happening here ATM, continuing the build up and preparing to invade southern France, How goes the transport Sultan ?
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:07   #126
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26
Sep, 1800AD Turn sent to Shogun.

My fleet has set sail for the French southern coast.
Old February 12, 2004, 18:31   #127
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Sept 1800 AD to King Paddy.

Code Civil in 2 turns.

King Paddy: Thank you for the protection of Salzburg. Are your Household Cavalry ultimately bound for the Danish Isles? The Austrian girls are going crazy over the British accent

Sultan Wittlich: What is your estimated time of arrival of the Turkish fleet? As you can see, I'm organizing my troops for an attack on Turin when you attack Marseilles. King Paddy, can you join in the attack on Turin?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	nap-large.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	64147  
Old February 12, 2004, 19:12   #128
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Nice Pic, good to see Milan can breathe again
Old February 12, 2004, 19:56   #129
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Sultan Wittlich: What is your estimated time of arrival of the Turkish fleet? As you can see, I'm organizing my troops for an attack on Turin when you attack Marseilles. King Paddy, can you join in the attack on Turin?
After some quick math work, it looks like I will be landing next to Marseilles in 11 turns from now. However, my Naval Academy will be completed in 4 turns, so this will increase my ship's movement rate by +1 - Which will being down my arrival time to 9 turns from now. The Ottoman forces are planning on landing in the forest on the eastern side of Marseilles. Of course further reinforcements will be traveling cross-country to get to the battle front.
Old February 12, 2004, 20:02   #130
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
My Lord Bongo,
I am not resonsible for the citizen drop in Copenhagen, I suspect the Boneparte is drafting Citizens as fast as he can, as his lines of supply are CUT. And you definitly have then cut with that force you have brought up the peninsula. A force of troops have landed west of Skagen... Freedom for the Danes... I have reports here that French Imperial Cavalry have been advancing on Frankfurt. My lines of RedCoats are gathering French Eagles for tokens. My General, the Duke of York has called for Cavalry for the district. We are trying to meet this commitment.

Lord Iron Prince,
My fleet is blocking the Northern Passage, do you require to pass through here soon?

Lord Gunner,
My Horsemen were under orders to relieve Milan with the speed of the wind... and I hear they are doing manuvores in your lands. Be watching of your piglets and hens Sire. Thank you for your hearty defence of Milan.

Lord Wittlich,
My Garrisons along the Naples Peninsula look forward to your fleet arriving. Look to a hearty welcome from your allies.

And Lord Chrisius,
These mountains of yours. Thank you for your patience in these past weeks. As discussed I have dispatched the 14th Foot to meet you in the pass, thus allowing your cannons new sighting equipment to be trained in. The French will feel real pain when you bring these mighty war machines to their door.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	nov 1800 spanish border.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	64156  
Old February 13, 2004, 14:51   #131
bongo
lifer
Emperor

The first French city has fallen!

The danish city of Vejle is now under Preussian control. We have severe problems with resitance but I have good hope of sorting it out soon.

Despite the city being defended by only two units, one regular and one conscript voltegiuer we had heavy casulties. Mostly due to the superior firearms of the french forces. Fresh troops are arriving with more artillery so I will move on to copenhagen next turn.

King Paddy, We have noted that your troops near Frankfurt has taken some damage. While we trust your troops to hold on, we are still building new troops in our entire empire. Can your ships be within firing range of copenhagen in 2 turns time?

Vice Tsar Iron Jackson. If the rest of denmark is as easy defended as Vejle, then the fun will be over before your men arrives. We should discuss your further actions. Either an assault on Bruxelles, or perhaps an invasion of sweden?
Old February 13, 2004, 16:25   #132
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Eve Before Battle
Firstly let me say hearty congratulations Konig Bongo, Im sure that the whole of this holy alliance will join me in this.

Friends We are now finally ready to make the assault on the French city of Montauban, I am sending you all a chart which shows current French troop posistions and the assets that we and King Paddy have situated, poised for the assault.

We ask that you all pray for these brave souls who are about to freely give their lives to our just cause! there will likely be many young Senoritas left as widows after this action.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	64226  
Old February 13, 2004, 17:50   #133
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Montauban will be liberated from the French swine, it's just a matter of time.

Nov, 1800AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old February 13, 2004, 20:06   #134
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

The action is heating up in the south of france!!!

Jan 1801AD to Paddy.
Old February 13, 2004, 21:29   #135
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Jan 1801AD
It has been a time of growth for the British.

Thank you one and all for your mighty contributions.
Ones boffins are working hard for new technologies.

Lord Konig Bongo,
Congratulations on your success in Vejle.
As requested I have dispatched a Man-O-War and a Privateer to Copenhagen. Unfortunatly the ships of this time do not have the ability to bombard such cities. This is something One often wonders about, especially when One has such a fine Navy. Yet the Lords of my Admiralty have yet to appease me with sufficent answers.
The expeditionary forces to Skagen have smashed the city gates, and relieved the garrison. At some stage soon One would like to discuss with you the transference of this holding to your possesion. One sees that these holdings are of no benefit to Ones already scattered holdings, and believes that the City of Skajen would naturally suit your holdings better.
At this time the troop ship 'Serius' sits in the Harbour of Oslo, awaiting the troop on board, fresh from the battle of Skagen, to disembark.
Lord, as to the Patrols of RedCoats that are along your western borders with the French, near your cities of Frankfurt and Hannover. One certainly hopes that they are not a hinderance, and please rest assured that if they are in your way, that One would have them removed forthwith. At this stage One is more than happy for them to remain to assist you.

Lord General, Prince Iron Jackson,
Have you sent forces across the great forests and the top of the world to attack into Sweden? Gustav is a very angry man, having rebuffed my diplomatic staff.
It is good to hear that your Armies are making such great time through the roads of Prussia. Ones very own commander commander in Amsterdam, the Duke of York, talks often of his hopes for your troops joining the line on the Prussian / French border.

My Lord Shogun Gunner,
On evaluation of my Cavalry assetts in your lands, they have been diverted to stay in your border region. They have orders not to block your roads, and have taken to the hills along the Salzburg - Belfort Road. Sir, please let us know how these troops can assist you further.
Your valiant relief of Milan is greatly noted, and in the spirit of cooperation One has moved an expeditionary force out to assist you in your attack on Turin.

My Lord Chrisius,
I am glad that your gunnery manourves were of such sucess.
Thank you too your mighty men who landed near Milan, your assistance in this is duely noted.
Our joint blockade of Marsilles must be greatly effecting the population in the fair city. So much of their livelthood coming from the rich waters that they live on.
You stand ready to smash Montauban. Good luck in this coming battle.

Lord Sultan Wittlich,
The land is ready for your looked for invasion.
Have you sighted any rogue French vessels in the Med. I have heard reports that just prior to the blockade, Boneparte let slip some of his sea dogs.
One does have several assests in the area, several flying the privateer flag. Instructions have been sent forth to these privateers to leave over a wide berth for your fleets, so as to not cause any undo battles between friendlies.

Well Napoleon must be quite concerned as the winds of war are moving this coalition into position for more Invasions of France.

Onto the Iron Prince of Russia...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	jan 1801 oslo small.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	64254  
Old February 14, 2004, 08:30   #136
bongo
lifer
Emperor

My troops are now standing outside copenhagen. I've got 5 artillery pieces and 4 cavalry close by so I hope to take the city next turn.

You may also want to know that I have been approached by french diplomats this turn. They wanted a peace treaty, I told them where to stuff it

King Paddy, thse gold pieces I sent this turn is to help you in your war effort. As my scientists all grow potatoes now, my coffers are full.
Old February 14, 2004, 09:45   #137
Paddy
Prince

Thank you good Sir, I have my boffins at 90% research, so your contributions will go along long way
Old February 14, 2004, 13:05   #138
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Peace Offer
Dear Allies,

we too have been solicited by the French diplomatic core, offering a white peace!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	peace offer from france.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	64287  
Old February 14, 2004, 13:10   #139
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Their Final Offer
Friends, needless to say we turned down the French scum, we did however toy with them a little to see how eager they were to sign a peace treaty.

We asked for Montauban thinking how funny it would be to aquire the city without a fight, then immediatly attack again

They would not hear of parting with any cities, but were slightly more humble than their original demand when pressed
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	peace offer from france mk 2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	64288  
Old February 14, 2004, 13:27   #140
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Yep the French also sent a peace offer to my empire also...I think Bonaparte is getting scared.

Jan, 1801AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old February 14, 2004, 13:27   #141
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Naturally my friends we would never consider signing a peace treaty with the Mad Dog Napolean, and politely request that no member of this alliance weakens under pressure. We have him on the run my friends!

We have great pride in our victorius troops! My friends this season Spanish troops successfully assaulted and captured Montauban from the French, The Spanish standard now flies over the city. We tahnk our illustrious ally King Paddy of the British for all the assistance his fine soldiers have given us in this quest.

Sadly there were some casualties, an eager young Spanish Cavalry Officer ordered his brigade to charge the city before the Artillery bombardment was completed, getting caught in a terrible crossfire from two French Voltiguer regiments well dug in. They were wiped out and with them young Fernando Cortez their Officer who ordered the fateful charge.

Two futher cavalry divisions were badly damaged suffering many casualties but survived the battle to live and fight another day.

It is thanks to all of you, Spains allies that this attack was a total success. If it were not for the pressure we are all putting on French resources, on so many fronts then I feel we would have failed miserably, and suffered far greater casualties.

We advise you all do not underestimate the French, under no circumstances try to attack a city garrisoned with healthy units, their crack troops eat musket units for breakfast. You must Bombard them and weaken them significantly if you wish your young men to return home someday.
Old February 14, 2004, 15:36   #142
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Brothers-in-arms:

Diplomatic News
We also have received French Diplomats in Vienna -- with a plea for peace. I feigned interest in peace to see the bottom line offer I could obtain. The limit is what our King Chrisius of Espana had previously discovered: 19 gold and 3/gpt. Of course, I also rejected such pittance and resumed military planning for the upcoming campaign in Southern France.

Scientific News
Great News!!! My scientists have delivered Code Civil for immediate usage! The legal code in Austria has modified to permit more modern property ownership rights, civil equality, and freedom of religion. Although it's hard to accept such radical changes in society, you will find the peasants do actually work harder when given some of these basic rights. My scientists proved this to me by observation of the "cause and effect" of test villages compared to "control group" villages. My scientists measure the effectivenss of worker output by a factor of two. Imagine the benefit to your GNP!

Trust me brothers, loosen the grip on your lower class, and you will profit! I have sent couriers to each of your great nations with a copy of the new Austrian Legal Code. Several trusted advisors have been sent, along with the courier, to assist in the implementation of this advance, if you choose to use it.

My scientists have started researching "Advanced Tactics" and expect results in 7 turns.

Military news
My Field Marshall in the Eastern Theatre has informed me that the attack on Turin will commence shortly. We have five Hussars, four Grenzers, and two cannon in position now. Three additional Hussars and three cannons will join the main force shortly. King Paddy has positioned a sizeable force of Redcoasts, Household Cavalry and cannon just to the south of the Austrian position outside Turin.

King Paddy, French Cavalry have attacked your position west of Salzburg. I'm sorry to report that one unit of Household cavalry have been eliminated. Our medical services in Salzburg are at your disposal.

King Chrisius, my military observers have reported the bravery of your soliders on the southern coast. Unfortantely, the observers have reported the lost of one unit. Thank you for diverting the attention of the French as we prepare to attack Turin! And congratulations in seizing Montauban! We have started a non-profit organization in honor of Fernando Cortez. The purpose of this organization is to collect donations for the families of the brave Allied soldiers who have given their lives for this righteous cause.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	prepattackturin.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	64293  

Last edited by Shogun Gunner; February 14, 2004 at 15:42.
Old February 15, 2004, 03:07   #143
Paddy
Prince

It will come to pass that with the next Dispatch, we will all have Advanced Tactics.

Turin has fallen. My RedCoats have payed a mighty price, but Napoleons holdings are shrinking.

I see that the mighty nation of France has approached many allies of this 2nd Coalition. It is hoped here in England, that this mighty Coalition will hold to the task, until the fall of Napoleon and his allie, Gustav. From their a summit may be needed to stop the flames of war spreading amongst ourselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lord General, Iron Prince Jackson,
Your Cossacks look ready to really damage Copenhagen. Good luck in the up coming battle.

Lord Bongo,
Thank you for your patience as my RedCoats tramble your fields.
Do you have any plans for the city of Brussells... like keeping it...
I have some itchy troops that wish to turn this city into a pile of rubble... Looking forward to your reply on this matter.
The town of Skagen is still resisting, when this has settled down, we would like to seed it to your empire. Are you able to send a garrison force some time soon to relieve my troops? Or would you prefer to wait. Looking forward to your reply on this matter.

Lord Chrisius,
Congratulations on such a stunning capture. My troops in the Mountauban district, applaud your tactics. It is good to see the Spanish holdings grow into France. Although King Louis, visiting my court while here in Exile, was all puffed up on seeing the maps of war, and your holdings and flags so fiercely flying in the district of Mountauban. I actually wonder if he will get much of a Kingdom back when Napoleon falls...
At some stage, could you please let my troops in on your further plans.

Lord Wittlich,
We see your mighty Cavalry across the Adriatic.
Marsielles, My Generals in this area have advised me that they are able to bring up some Cannons to sit in the vineyards 9 of the city, and thus start bombarding the French Garrison. As I have already found, my Generals in this district have a passion to conquer all things french, so they are under strict instructions not to send any troops into the city, we do not want to take another prize from the hands of an allie. Could you please advise on the issue of the cannon, if this is what you would like, or not. I have indicated on the attached map where these troops would be situated.
Also on Marsielle, if the cannon are brought up, this will further blockade the city. At this time, my Admiral and Captains of the Mediterranian fleets have reported that there is much starvation happening. If we brought the cannon s to bear, I would like to back my Naval blockade out one square, thus allowing the fishing fleet to harvest their crops... I would hate that you have travelled so far, just to be handed a sticking sufficated city.

My Lord Shogun Gunner,
My Cavalry have consolidated their position. I have ordered up a screen of RedCoats to assist, they are marching now, but will be two to three months in travelling. We are determined to hold this border position to the last man or horse.
My troops were not expected to take this town of Turin.
As the attached map shows, you can consolidate your units into the mountain that is circled Blue. To assist you in getting these units into place, my Ministry of Colonial Affairs would like to hand to you, the Lord of Austria, the Keys to the City of Milan. May ot forever be a shining jewel in the crown of Austrian Empire.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	mar 1801 valence positioning small.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	64323  
Old February 15, 2004, 07:03   #144
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

To King Paddy,

In counsel with my Miliatary Advisors, we have concurred to send our expeditionary force northwards.

We will most likely rest the troops for the next 2 months(turn) and allow reinforcements to reach the city of Montaubon.

We believe it would be our best assistance to the alliance to cut off Napoleans access to his entire Atlantic coast territories.

We intend to hold all assets siezed, though understand that at some future stage these territories may have to be repatriated, when and if King Louis is returned to his rightful throne.

We do not however intend to relinquish Montaubon, this prize will be forever now part of the Spanish nation.

Please pass on my respects to the King, how is my cousin and relay these messages.

We hope and pray that Spain never has to fight a renewed conflict with a repatriated and reinstalled Kingdom of France over this issue.

Please let us know if you require anything of us at all in the coming months King Paddy, although we have pointed out our plans we are more than willing to adaot to one who has the greater picture such as yourself.

Finally Sire we would advise these dispatches be destroyed at your earliest convenience, there are a great many French spies operating in the fiels at this time. We also fear that with Napoleans situation worsening he may increase his bribes and steal away one or more members of our alliance.

Regards King Chrisius Of Spain.
Old February 15, 2004, 07:11   #145
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

The pride of Russia, Cossack Divisions I, II, III and IV were able to kill 4 defending units in Copenhagen but unfortunately it hasn´t fallen.

The Russian Empire has entered a Golden Age as well.

The chicken-hearted Napoleon has also asked the mighty russian empire for peace last turn.

Next turn our naval academy will be finished as well.
Old February 15, 2004, 09:20   #146
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Copenhagen has fallen.
Only 3 conscript defenders were left in the city. Despite my artillery having problems with hostile weather this day, they couldn't held back a combined attack of both Preussian and Russian cavalry.

We thank you, Vice Tsar Iron Jackson, for your help in this attack. Your wounded troops are welcome to stay outside copenhagen to heal. I've kept the road south open, should you choose to go that way.

King Paddy.
I have sent troops north, which can replace your garrison in skagen when needed. I have many troops stationed in both copenhagen and vejle to fight the resistance. I have sendt another pile of gold to help you carry the burden of your scientific research.

I Have sent two troop transports to copenhagen and will have two more ready in 2 turns. That should be enough for an assault against Oslo.

Shogun Gunner
Your technology is highly appreciated, we have sent some gold to help cover your expenses.
Old February 15, 2004, 09:26   #147
Paddy
Prince

Lord Bongo,

I do believe that Oslo will fall next round. Would you like this left for your forces to take. If so please let me know so that I can move on into Gustavs lands...
Old February 15, 2004, 09:38   #148
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Spains current Miliatary assets
Dear allies, we have nothing to report this season. Our troops are languishing in Montaubon drinking dry the cities wine cellars

Please see attached Spains current Miliatary assets
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	mil screen.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	64338  
Old February 15, 2004, 10:39   #149
bongo
lifer
Emperor

King Paddy.
Oh, I would really like to take oslo myself, it's a matter of national pride (not to mention the fact that I live just outside of oslo in RL)
Old February 15, 2004, 10:43   #150
Paddy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
King Paddy.
Oh, I would really like to take oslo myself, it's a matter of national pride (not to mention the fact that I live just outside of oslo in RL)
And so it shall be, my lads will disappear over the hills towards Gustavs lands.

I always wanted a city on the Baltic Sea.. hahahaha

Napoleon will be in stitches trying to workout why we did not attack.