Old February 19, 2004, 19:17   #181
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 17:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Bordeaux Falls
Friends!! as predicted Bordeaux has fallen to our troops!!

Though we sustained some injuries we had no fatalities at all, the skills of the Royal Spanish Artillery regiment 8 brigades strong utterly smashed the defenders prior to two successful cavalry charges.

Please my friends join us in our celebrations, let us give thanks to God for speeding us to our victory!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	bordeaux falls.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	64791  
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old February 19, 2004, 20:47   #182
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26
Sep, 1801AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old February 19, 2004, 21:46   #183
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:26
Belfort and Lyons Fall to Advancing Austrian Army!!!

My Brothers-in-Arms:

The Austrian empire has wonderful news to report. Two French cities have fallen to Austrian Hussars!!! First, Belfort succumed to an Austrian bombardment and Hussars charge converging from points north and southeast of Belfort. Next an attack on Lyons was launched, without any artillery support, from the mountains of Northwest Italy. Two campaigns and two French cities in the bag!!!

A terrible price was extracted by those French dogs. Two regiments of Hussars have been destroyed by French Imperial Cavalry and one regiment of Hussars was a total loss in the assault on Belfort.

An assault on Orleans is in the works -- with an anticipated campaign kickoff by the end of 1801. I don't believe the French empire will make it past 1802! Success is ours, my allies!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	belfort-lyons.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	386.4 KB
ID:	64798  
Old February 20, 2004, 01:38   #184
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
November 1801
Congratulations to Austria and Spain for their sucesses in the field. My troops are pulling out of Prussia, now that the Russian armies have taken the field.

To War!
Old February 20, 2004, 08:38   #185
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
I'll be back sunday, but only for the night, I'll be away for a week after that.
I am happy to leave this until your return. The reason being that I believe that we have Boneparte on the run, and it would be good if we were all here for it. Looks like we got to France far too quickly... or to quote Sir Ralph, Napoleon never had a chance against the 6 of us.

Can we please have everyones opinions on leaving the game for Lord Bongo's return, and we will take the highest count.
Old February 20, 2004, 09:46   #186
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Sure, I say wait for Bongo's return.
Old February 20, 2004, 10:58   #187
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I am happy to wait for Bongo to come back
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old February 20, 2004, 12:09   #188
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I agree, we've gone this far together, we should finish together.
Old February 22, 2004, 18:48   #189
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Just home for the night, save has been sent to Rey Chrisius.

I have now made a second landing close to Oslo, 8 units per stack. They will rendezvous outside Oslo next turn and attack the turn after that.

King Paddy, I notice your troops in swedish territory has taken a beating. They are welcome to heal in denmark where the situation is almost quiet now. Copenhagen is the only city where the french show some resistance.
Old February 23, 2004, 03:39   #190
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

As we view the maps most recently drawn of europe, we see with joy that Napoleans holdings are shrinking fast.

Shogun Gunner congratulations on your recent victories and know that your people are in our prayers, espescially those who have lost loved ones to this conflict.

Sultan Wittlich, how are things with the troop transportations. What is your ETA to the region, and would you like any assiatance when you arrive.

King Paddy we intend to move North alond the coast as before discussed, please let us know if this is of best use of our forces.

Good luck to one and all in your upcoming adventures
Old February 23, 2004, 13:25   #191
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

My forces are arriving now.

Nov, 1801AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old February 23, 2004, 20:53   #192
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Jan 1802 AD to Paddy.

Not much to report. Thank you King Paddy for Valence! Announcing a new offensive being launched in Jan/Feb 1802 against Orleans.

Austrian diplomats predict a mid 1802 total collapse of France. We should consider the post-war reconstruction, my allies.
Old February 23, 2004, 21:43   #193
Paddy
Prince

Jan 1802 on to the Iron Prince
Old February 26, 2004, 14:55   #194
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

A third, smaller landing has been made outside of Oslo. A total of 20 units are ready to attack next turn.

Oh, a small stack has also left Hannover. They are only having a field day got bored I guess
Old February 26, 2004, 15:16   #195
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

are you back home Bongo? I thought you were due back this weekend?
Old February 26, 2004, 15:20   #196
Paddy
Prince

hahahaha

I was just razzing him about that on another thread

so Bongo,,,, was the snow not White enough? did you get done for skiing with too many flasks of brandy in ya jacket???
Old February 26, 2004, 15:47   #197
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Things to do ..places to be..

Truth is, 2 days of skiing is all I could manage, I'm not fit enough for more now...
Old February 26, 2004, 17:57   #198
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Over to Sultan Wittlich

Sultan it is good to see your forces finally arrive in the region, good hunting and good luck
Old February 26, 2004, 18:41   #199
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Thanks Lord Maximus - a long journey indeed.

Lord Paddy, you can start bombarding when ever you're ready.

Jan, 1802AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old February 26, 2004, 21:56   #200
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Orleans Falls to the Austrian Army

We lost three Grenzer regiments our assault on Orleans. The French resistance is growing stronger as we push into the heart of France. My Chief of Staff informs me that our glorious armies have outrun their supply wagons. Food, ammunition and rest is needed for our troops. As of today Jan 10, 1802 - the Austrian army has no planned offensives and will concentrate on consolidating the captured French cities and territories.

I must advise our allies of the strong strategic positioning we now hold in France proper.

1. A Hussars regiment holds the ground in the southern Paris suburb. The French are none to happy about our Hungarian lads chasing the French girls about -- especially in sight of Napoleon's palace. .

2. A Hussars regiment holds the grasslands East of Nantes. Again, the boys are tired of war and are enjoying French wine and women.

3. A Hussars regiment holds a strong defensive position in the forest south of Nancy.

4. A Grenzer regiment holds the hills northeast of Limoges. Our observers report a strong British presence east and south of the Limoges. Obviously, King Paddy is on the verge of capturing Limoges.

The Austrian army is prepared to bring significant artillery support in bombarding any of these cities. Please send an encoded message by courier to my Defense Minister if you wish to utilize Austrian assets in this region.

March 1802 to King Paddy.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	orleans.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	65496  
Old February 27, 2004, 06:00   #201
Paddy
Prince

Mar 1802

Napoleons days are numbered... there will be NO march on Russia for this little corporal...

Onto the Iron Prince
Old February 27, 2004, 15:21   #202
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Good news from the generals of the Russian army.

A hard fight and the loss of 2 cossacks had the result that Norrsundet is now a russian city.

Another hard fight and the loss of some more units brought a victory over the french troops inside Nancy which is now a russian city as well.

-> onto Bongo
Old February 27, 2004, 18:16   #203
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Napoleons last city in scandinavia has fallen! Oslo is now on Preussian hands. 3 brave Preussian cavalry units will never again see 'das Vaterland'.

Civil unrest is still causing problems in Denmark, nothing serious, just a nuisance.

Lord Iron Jackson. My troops will need 2 turns in Oslo to heal and upgrade(They may throw a party as well ) They will then be ready to march into swedish territory. I'm looking forwards to a joint campaign then. Do you think we should both move towards Stockholm or do we aim for separate targets?

King Paddy, sent you a royal lump of gold this turn as payment for the techs.
Old February 27, 2004, 18:33   #204
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Bongo, was that the Espionge tech? If so, that was from me, you Austrian neighbor. However, King Paddy, please keep the gold. You have contributed greatly to the overall success that we all enjoy now.

Welcome back Bongo!
Old February 27, 2004, 18:48   #205
bongo
lifer
Emperor

So it was from you? Well, that empty 'accepted' offer puzzled me a bit. Didn't bother to think things over until after I sent the save...Oh well, we'll see what's in my coffers when I'm done upgrading my cannons.
Old February 27, 2004, 21:02   #206
Paddy
Prince

Yes, my bad...

Lord Gunner sent me Espionage.

Then near the ned of my turn, I conducted trading with you all to deliver maps and advanced tactics (ok I cannot remember which one at the moment...) At this point I just sent all maps and tech to each of you... my apologises on this.
Old February 28, 2004, 05:09   #207
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

on to the Sultan, Napolean looks well stuffed.

Shogun I too have rerwarded Paddy for Espionage, I will see what I can send you next time

Thanks to you both for the wonderful techs
Old February 28, 2004, 12:29   #208
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Marseilles has fallen! The Ottoman Empire has entered their Golden Age! A contingent of Ottoman Sipahis are now heading towards Paris to assist in the siege of the French capital.

I will have Seapower finished next turn and it will be sent to everyone.

Lord Paddy, I have handed back Florence to you. Thanks for the use of your fair city.

Mar, 1802AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old March 1, 2004, 00:19   #209
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

May 1802 to King Paddy.

Congratulations Sultan Wittlich!!!!

King Paddy, thank you for the science advance. Grand Batteries stare down the remaining French army. We are untouchable, my friends.

My forces are poised in the south outskirts of Paris. Napoleon is a fool! He mocks me from the balcony of his castle. I shall light a charge under his buttocks.
Old March 1, 2004, 23:08   #210
Paddy
Prince

Ahh you have wise words there good friend...

and as the fool heckled you, my Household Guard charged Paris from the North... please feel free to visit the once proud city of Paris, and take home as much as you can carry

Onto Iron Jackson