Old January 21, 2004, 16:49   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Game Start
Does anyone know WHEN we're going to start this game?

Once anyone has any information about it, please post it in this thread so we can plan for it.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2004, 19:26   #2
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 10:32
My guess is that, if we're lucky, we'll have the first save when Civ4 is a week away from release...
Old January 21, 2004, 19:33   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 12:32
03 jan 04

Hopefully that will give you some insight on how well the Un is being run.....................

My guess is at least two weeks from now.

We really haven't talked about the rules/exploits that much yet.
Old January 21, 2004, 19:54   #4
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 11:32

might as well wait until late feb when the official c3c patch comes out...
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2004, 20:14   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel

might as well wait until late feb when the official c3c patch comes out...
At the rate of progress at the UN it may turn out to be that long
Old January 22, 2004, 05:30   #6
jim_steer
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 16:32
Maybe we should try and arrange a chat session with representitives from every team and try and thrash out all the remaining issues in one big UN session.
jim_steer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2004, 20:40   #7
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

There's a good idea, but somehow I doubt we'll be able to get everybody in there at once.
Old January 23, 2004, 05:47   #8
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:32
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Once we do get to start, how long do you think there will be between turns?

Old January 23, 2004, 05:54   #9
jim_steer
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton University
Warlord

Local Time: 16:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
There's a good idea, but somehow I doubt we'll be able to get everybody in there at once.
Can't hurt to try.

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
Once we do get to start, how long do you think there will be between turns?

If the ISDG is anything to go by then it can vary from 1-14 days with the norm being around 2-3 days.
jim_steer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2004, 20:35   #10
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

eeek. well, at least everything will be fully patched by the time we start.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2004, 08:13   #11
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:32
Any indication when ..?
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2, 2004, 18:13   #12
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

The rules are still being hammered out. So far as I know that's the major obstacle to starting the game. Elucidus is supposed to be publishing a new version of the rules list soon IIRC.
Old February 2, 2004, 18:19   #13
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

The latest is Euclidus is putting together a consolidated list, and he just posted in the last 24 hours that it would be done "in a few days".

So lets see what that means.
Old February 2, 2004, 19:29   #14
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:32
At this rate I'll be running for reelection before I even have achance to do my job!

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2004, 01:29   #15
rush
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG The Mercenary Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:32
And i won't be voting for you because you had never done your job.
Old February 3, 2004, 02:21   #16
Octavian X
King

At least I have 2.5 more months left in office.
Old February 3, 2004, 03:40   #17
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:32
so the game will start one day then... that is good to here.

do all of the ISDG's take this long to get going?
Old February 3, 2004, 07:11   #18
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:32
NO
Old February 3, 2004, 07:37   #19
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
so the game will start one day then... that is good to here.

do all of the ISDG's take this long to get going?
All the ones that have our favorite fan site involved.
Old February 4, 2004, 00:01   #20
Octavian X
King

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

*Octavian reminds conmcb25 that he spends most of his time online at CFC.
Old February 4, 2004, 02:34   #21
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 09:32
Quote:

*Octavian reminds conmcb25 that he spends most of his time online at CFC.
I'm quite sure he wasn't talking about CFC.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 10:41   #22
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Look at this thread for the proposed team split up for game 1:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=107899

BF can you do some work for me and propose a turn order that makes sense based on the preferred play time?

Thanks
Old February 4, 2004, 10:43   #23
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill

I'm quite sure he wasn't talking about CFC.

Of course I wasn't. Im kind of bummed out CFC isn't in our game in game 1. We have always worked well with CFC.
Old February 4, 2004, 10:57   #24
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

MZO?
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 11:54   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

MZO?
MZO is not in this Demo game.
Old February 4, 2004, 21:09   #26
Octavian X
King

So, which one is it?
Old February 5, 2004, 00:05   #27
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

You need to pay attention to detail.

I do that, therefore I know the answer

Old February 5, 2004, 00:29   #28
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:32
Quote:
So, which one is it?
Here's a famous line used at the site in question; it may give you a clue:

Going to Cheat Always!
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2004, 02:36   #29
Octavian X
King

I had guessed as much. Just consider this a chance to spam uselessly...
Old February 5, 2004, 03:14   #30
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Its kinda sad. I wanted to face GCA in this game and take 'em out. This way we might not face them in the full game
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote