Old February 5, 2004, 06:48   #31
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:32
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I take it there is a bit of History between Us and GCA?

Maybe one of you older hands at ISDG could do a short briefing on each of the opposition teams.

Then again, as there are only 50 members, you may all already know what needs to be known.
Old February 5, 2004, 09:10   #32
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 17:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Paddy - check out http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=107948 !
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2004, 09:31   #33
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 12:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
I take it there is a bit of History between Us and GCA?

Maybe one of you older hands at ISDG could do a short briefing on each of the opposition teams.

Then again, as there are only 50 members, you may all already know what needs to be known.
To sum it up Apoly had a war with GCA. We basically won the war BUT some suspect GCA of playing less than fairly and using exploits to maximum advantage. I say suspect becuase even though most of us talk like GCA cheated, there is no real rock solid proof. (Try to be nice if you read this BF )

If you want to know more please review some of the older threads at the ISDG, I believe you are now a member there.

Anything further discussed here would probably be an OPSEC violation for the ISDG.

And since most of us were at least members of the ISDG, it is inevitable that we will discuss what happened in that game from time to time.

Hopefully that answered your question.
Old February 5, 2004, 10:02   #34
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 10:32
Everyone who fought GCA has had the same nagging suspicions. Before that ISDG there were suspicions of them doing this in the prior one that Apoly wasn't in.

I was on the CDG team in the last one and their rng luck was on a scale I've never seen in this game before. 4 Immortals in one stack and not a single one of our UUs EVER won a combat in the war against warriors.
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2004, 14:02   #35
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:32
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Everyone who fought GCA has had the same nagging suspicions. Before that ISDG there were suspicions of them doing this in the prior one that Apoly wasn't in.

I was on the CDG team in the last one and their rng luck was on a scale I've never seen in this game before. 4 Immortals in one stack and not a single one of our UUs EVER won a combat in the war against warriors.
It's when they are allowed to attack, rather than defend, that GCA's "Luck-O-Meter" reads in the red! I think GF needs to build a "Luck-O-Meter" so that I can post it at the UN.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2004, 18:35   #36
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

It would break soon after their first attack.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2004, 18:43   #37
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree

It's when they are allowed to attack, rather than defend, that GCA's "Luck-O-Meter" reads in the red! I think GF needs to build a "Luck-O-Meter" so that I can post it at the UN.
Oh crap! Thanks for reminding me to get to work on the Ghengis Report at MZO tomorrow.

I almost forgot about it.
Old February 5, 2004, 22:36   #38
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:32
Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
Its kinda sad. I wanted to face GCA in this game and take 'em out. This way we might not face them in the full game
Myself, I'm glad they're in the other game, and I hope someone does take them out there. If they truely are cheating, I don't want to have to deal with it. No offense to the other teams in the other game, but let them deal with GCA's "luck"; I'll be over here playing with less suspect teams.
Old February 6, 2004, 00:02   #39
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Yeah, I'm hoping they don't make it but given their luck they are almost guaranteed to be there.
Old February 6, 2004, 01:04   #40
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Yeah, I'm hoping they don't make it but given their luck they are almost guaranteed to be there.
Not necessarily. Look at the PTW ISDG.
Old February 13, 2004, 22:49   #41
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Re: Game Start
Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
Does anyone know WHEN we're going to start this game?

Once anyone has any information about it, please post it in this thread so we can plan for it.

--Togas
So is there any word on the Start date yet...?
Old February 13, 2004, 23:00   #42
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:32
It's close paddy. We are waiting for a Map to be made; which does not take long. And also for the rules to be put forth by the Admin.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2004, 23:11   #43
Paddy
Prince

Thank you Sir, looking forward to getting my hand on our start position... my mind is flying with ideas.... hahahahahaha
Old February 14, 2004, 15:40   #44
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

good deal
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2004, 07:34   #45
Paddy
Prince

I have to ask...

So is there any word on the Start date yet...?
Old February 24, 2004, 10:01   #46
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Unfortunately I would say at least two weeks.

We are still looking for someone at the UN to rewrite a section of the rules, section five.

We did section 3 (BF) and CDG did section 4. Section 5 needs to be done.

Once they are rewritten then of course the debate will continue over certain points Im sure.

Especially with all the shenanigans going on with the PtW ISDG right now.

So it will still be some time. And based on some of the teams that are in the competition we need to make sure we do the rules correctly.

Unfortunately thats the way it is for now.
Old February 24, 2004, 19:58   #47
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Rules are up and need to be reviewed by this Friday (27 Feb) at 2400 GMT

That means if we have any MAJOR gripes, I need to know about them prior to 1800 GMT this friday

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...67#post2752106
Old February 24, 2004, 21:50   #48
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Objections?

I object to the reputation system (4.1) and battle log (4.4), as well as to any mention of punishment as severe as turn-skipping and team explustion.

With these kind of rules, it isn't going to be a game, but a practice in bureaucracy. My predicition is that we'll be out of teams before the end of the first round, due to either the excessive burden of simply playing a turn or because they've been kicked out. My other predicition is that such a complex rule code complete with exetreme punishment will most likely be abused (by someone like Lucky), and will eventually cause one, if not all, the admins to retire.

To sum it up, I present a quote from a famous Democracy Gamer at CFC, one that is used often.

"It's a demogame *game.* Fun and all that. Play nice." -Danke

Enough ranting from me...
Old February 24, 2004, 21:58   #49
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Reputation System was guess who: Lucky's idea.

And battle logs were proposed because of what? To let an admin check for potential cheating. Which is essentially because of who

Unfortunately he is in this game and there is not much we can do about it.

Hopefully he will be eliminated in round one and we wont have to play him.

Not much more I can say OCT_X,

Lets our team try and have as much fun as possible with this.
Old February 25, 2004, 18:07   #50
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Remove 4.1 entirely. I do like the battle log part though, however inconvenient.

What's with phony war weariness having much less severe punishments than all other similar small exploits?? How does one single event of unit teleportation of say, only four units (if it was less it would probably not violate "the spirit of the game") merit a minimum of 10 turns lost while you could only lose one for several turns of phony war weariness?

I also dislike any punishments of more than 5 turns skipped (might as well eject them because that will kill them unless they already have an enormous lead) and think that overall it should be clarified that all punishments only apply if the offenses are against the spirit of the game and intentional.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
civman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote