Old January 25, 2004, 00:01   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Do Turnchats Twice A Week!
I don't know what people are waiting for, but this game needs to move forward, even if only a select few are playing it.

BFM and I made this map and as much as I'd love to participate and really want to give advice and make comments, there's little I can do without using the information I know about the map to an unfair advantage. So I lurk and I read and I watch the game.

I'm sure there's a lot of other people who lurk, and many of them comment on the turns as they happen. Many people enjoy just watching the game go, following the story, and seeing how the really good players handle the situation.

But if no turns are being played and no results are being posted then there's no reason to check this forum, no reason to read the posts, and no reason to post.

JUST PLAY THE SAVE.

I don't care if it's one guy playing it, so long as there's a summary, some nice shots, and some discussion afterward about what happened. People will get involved when there's something to get involved with. Let's ignore the bureaucracy, if no ministers post then just play without them. All you need to do is get into a regular habit of playing twice a week, about the same time each week, and people will start to notice.

And even if they don't notice and even if they don't join up at least those of us who lurk and who enjoy reading the story can find a reason to visit this forum and appreciate your hard work.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old January 25, 2004, 00:55   #2
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 02:02
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Ok, I consider that a boot in my posterior.

thanks

Old January 25, 2004, 04:55   #3
theViking
Civilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 03:02
Re: Do Turnchats Twice A Week!
Quote:
[SIZE=1
] JUST PLAY THE SAVE.
--Togas
And tell us when!
Old January 25, 2004, 16:41   #4
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 19:02
I'm joining always when I have the time. Besides I'm the FAM currently but there is nothing important to do.
I don't give many ideas because I really can't play on Deity but I'm learning
Old January 26, 2004, 18:03   #5
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 12:02
Second with Togas.

It's now proceeding so slow that as a lurker I have a hard time remembering the state of the game when I see a new post.
Old January 26, 2004, 21:04   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 13:02
Ditto with Togas.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old February 2, 2004, 07:45   #7
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:02
Togas hits the Viking on the head! Errr... sort of.
Old February 6, 2004, 20:45   #8
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:02
Please play more turnchats.

It'll be fun.

I'll come and watch and yell at you guys a bit.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old February 20, 2004, 02:47   #9
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 02:02
We are trying to play more...

where are all the players...?
Old February 20, 2004, 06:31   #10
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 03:02
working
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old February 20, 2004, 06:46   #11
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 19:02
studying 24/7 (or at least 12/7)
Old February 23, 2004, 06:34   #12
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 05:02
Work studying. I personally am back in proper action from early April, when my immediate presentations are out of the way. I can (and will) post on discussions as much as possible until the 3rd of March (when I go home and get super-busy again), but I can't view the save, only screenshots. Please PM me if you want someone else to keep debate going for this time however.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!