View Poll Results: Do you approve of the appointment of Enigma and Octavian as Consuls?
Yes 5 55.56%
No 3 33.33%
Write-in 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 25, 2004, 04:43   #1
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 10:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
lex Voltaria primus
The new Hiverian constitutions will be implemented in segments in order to phase in the new government structure and system. Therefore before finalizing a formal written constitutions, we will adopt a temporary transitory formal unwritten constitution.

As such the first phase of this transition will be the appointment of Consuls, with the approval of the People of course. Therefore I submit for the approval of the people the appointment of Octavian X and Enigma_Nova as consuls of the Human Hive (this is not in-line with free elections immediately but their term will last only a month whereupon free elections will begin). The first collegiality consulship will have the power to play the game and to conduct foreign policy on behalf of the Human Hive; they will also be given the power to create, appoint, and dismiss ministers, with the approval of the people.

With this, I bring into effect the lex Voltaria primus, the first phase of the new constitutional government.
Old January 25, 2004, 14:22   #2
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:03
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Nothing can stop The Three.
Let those who want power... have power.
It looks like us 3 are those that want power.

Aha! I'll get powers of change after all!
Old January 25, 2004, 16:56   #3
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:03
well..i voted "write-in" what does it mean?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old January 25, 2004, 17:09   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 11:03
Write-in means you have another glorious idea that differs from the available options. Of course you are also obligated to share it with us.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 25, 2004, 17:40   #5
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:03
hoo, i have a good idea - lets twist a coin for that!
wich side you take?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old January 25, 2004, 19:55   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:03
I said yes.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 26, 2004, 08:17   #7
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras
hoo, i have a good idea - lets twist a coin for that!
wich side you take?
/me looks away in disgust
He'd leave such an important decision to the fate of a coin...
You know, if you're not wise enough to vote, don't vote! It's not compulsory, you know.
Old January 26, 2004, 11:59   #8
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Lighten up Enigma! Perhaps you need to go to your CC friends and borrow some humor enhancers.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 26, 2004, 12:24   #9
Snowflake
Princess

I voted no. Sorry. I know it won't change anything. But I just don't feel as jubilant as the rest of you.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 26, 2004, 12:52   #10
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Any reason, or just in a negative mood today?
Lighten up? No thanks. I'm here to become wise and powerful so I can use my wisdom to spot problems and use my power to fix them.
Humour and Happiness? Not too important for me.
Old January 26, 2004, 15:48   #11
Snowflake
Princess

Well not a negative mood today. But perhaps a negative mood toward you, Enigma. I've hoped more from you.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 26, 2004, 16:51   #12
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Well not a negative mood today. But perhaps a negative mood toward you, Enigma.
I'm actually quite enjoying this side of you. Thank you.

Quote:
I've hoped more from you.
You hoped different. We may both be in the ACDG, but we're playing markedly different games.
Old January 26, 2004, 17:07   #13
Snowflake
Princess

I know. I had hoped that you can be some kind of a leader. But I realize now that it is perhaps a little too much for you. That's ok.

As for the ACDG game, I assure you if I'm really IN the geme it would be markedly different from what you currently see too.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 26, 2004, 18:55   #14
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:03
/me has voted but pities the absence of an "abstain" option...
Old January 26, 2004, 19:29   #15
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Perhaps I failed to stipulate this before, and my bad, but I will not go through with any laws without 2/3rds support. Which means this law could fail easily.
Old January 26, 2004, 21:32   #16
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:03
This citizen has voted.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old January 27, 2004, 04:49   #17
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I know. I had hoped that you can be some kind of a leader. But I realize now that it is perhaps a little too much for you. That's ok.
You're confusing capability with desire.
Being a 'leader' in the archaic sense of the word disgusts me; I'd sooner have people lead themselves.
If I had to adjust myself to cater to others (if even for my own self-interest) I'd be thrice as resentful as I am currently.
And of course, if I have to change myself to be a leader, change away from resentment - then it's obviously a catch-22 (in that I hate to do such a thing).

However I reckon I can be what I am and still be a kickass 'leader', though not a leader in your sense of the word.
Perhaps the better word is an 'inspirator'...
In any case I can't do much for others if I'm aggrovated at the sound of their voice.
The most prudent plan of action would be to back of and allow me free reign, because when I have nothing to fight I'm (not surprisingly) neither combattive nor resentful.

Of course no-one's willing to experiment with something so dangerous - just like I'm unwilling to experiment with their agenda, and so the two stubborn beasts lock horns yet again.
Ain't pride so very counterproductive?
Old January 27, 2004, 16:27   #18
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

*sigh*
Very Well, it has come to this.
t_ras: Flip the coin.
I was wrong to doubt your method before giving it a shot.
Now let's see what the fates have to say.
Old January 27, 2004, 16:55   #19
Snowflake
Princess

I have been willing to experiment with you, Enigma, to let you be the "inspirator" you wanted to be, to give you the chance to "let people lead themselves". But if you always "can't do much for others" because you are "aggrovated at the sound of their voice" and instead of question and inspire you attack and surpress, I just couldn't help myself to stand before you. I just couldn't watch people being hurt by allowing you "free reign". Yes I admit I had aggravated you by using harsh words just so that you'll feel what other people are feeling when you are doing the same thing. But perhaps I was wrong. You have accumulated so much anger inside you even the smallest aggravation would provoke you explode to a great degree. I apologize. You do not need more reasons to be angry. You need more reasons to calm down and love and be loved. Enigma, please stop being angry. A questioner should be calm.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 27, 2004, 18:04   #20
Voltaire
King

How interesting that this new regime, the regime brought about by forcing Kody out, has itself formed into a mirror of the old one it demanded an overthrow of.
Old January 27, 2004, 18:32   #21
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Voltaire! *shocked*

Kody was not forced out, and you know it. He honourably left before he was caught cheating. Nothing AT ALL to do with Hive government.

And you are also (deliberately?) missing the point. The system was crap, not the people.

-Jam
Old January 27, 2004, 22:42   #22
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:03
I still can't cast a vote through the system, but it now looks like the Poll is moot with the departure of Enigma.

Although I still think the idea of Consuls has merit, I think we should keep Voltaire as Chairman even if we have consuls.

Octavian and Hong Hu would make good consuls.

Hong Hu has shown that she has the wisdom, maturity, and game skill to perform well.

Octavian has shown himself a thoughtful active member who has the energy to work hard as consul. Having him as a counsul would give him the ability to further develop his leadership skills and game techniques.

Mead
Old January 28, 2004, 01:25   #23
Snowflake
Princess

You forced Kody out, Jamski. And I will forever hold that against you. Just joking. But if you hadn't accused the shaddow ministry, Kody wouldn't need to test out the system out of love of us.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 28, 2004, 04:16   #24
Jamski
Deity

The greater evil, the lesser evil. Both are evil

These things are a matter of principle.

Oh, and I almost exploded when I read your first sentence, dear Comrade - think of a poor old man's blood pressure.

-Jam
Old January 28, 2004, 11:49   #25
Snowflake
Princess

Well you deserve at least this much. Have you thought about a poor little girl's blood pressure when you brutally destroyed Kody's and her hard work?

Btw are you accusing the "Consuls system" to be evil too? Or did I misunderstand you?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 28, 2004, 18:55   #26
Jamski
Deity

You misunderstood me (again )

-Jam
Old January 28, 2004, 19:26   #27
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:03
Now with the departure of E_N, I change my vote from no to yes.

I just didnīt want him to hold any power beyond micromanagement. Heīs too destructive for us...
Old January 28, 2004, 19:39   #28
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:03
I follow Comrade Micha in that I too change my vote from 'No' to 'Yes' for reasons stated by the enlightened Comrade Micha.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old January 29, 2004, 00:40   #29
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Quote:
Kody was not forced out, and you know it. He honourably left before he was caught cheating. Nothing AT ALL to do with Hive government.
Any decision I made is a combination of reasons for and against. If you want the single most driving reason for my departure, it was related to an important deadline for my real life studies I need to prepare for.

The whole hacking into private forums was more an embrassing excuse that I souped up, because I had trouble weening myself away any other way.

When or if the security hole is fixed, I'll explain exactly how I ended up finding it out and everyone will probably laugh themselves silly.
Old January 29, 2004, 00:41   #30
Voltaire
King

Well I guess it is time for new elections.