View Poll Results: Trade EcoEng for AdapEcon?
YEA 4 80.00%
NAY 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 25, 2004, 14:47   #1
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:03
Local Date: November 3, 2010
The Miriam Buyoff - CyCon trade
This turn I encountered Miriam.
She wanted to be bought off with Eco Eng, to avoid conflict. I forked this tech over, not wanting another annoyance to deal with.
(I also gave Industrial Economics to watch her run FM and get bogged down by drones... )

Then I realised a set of events had come to pass:
With the CyCon near Miriam, and with Techsteal and a military, I had effectively gifted THEM Eco Eng.

Acting quickly, I called Drogue and asked him to post an Eco Eng for Adaptive Econ (no PEG) poll.
He said it was a possibility...
Now, I'm doing the same on this end.
We can get Adaptive Econ in 2156 - and still research Int:Int.
The Drones will have to get the Longevity Vaccine...
And you've probably worked out that I'm looking at the Ascetic Virtues.

So, for our planning, NOTING THAT THE CYCON ARE PROBABLY GOING TO GET THE TECH FROM MIM ANYWAY, are you guys up for trading Eco Eng for Adaptive Econ?
I promise never to ignore CyCon techsteal again. EVER!
Old January 25, 2004, 16:23   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 11:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
My question is when we get MMI (in 2156?) should we be in war mode? That is producing chop and drop about everywhere and go hammer the uni then perhaps a couple AIs and the CC?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 25, 2004, 16:25   #3
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 10:03
The Uni do not seem to be the threat they once were, I am frankly more concerned about another research faction that will go unnamed.
Old January 25, 2004, 16:39   #4
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Enigma pokes everyone
And about that trade?

Sure I wanna do the conquer dance, but getting such tech as Adaptive Econ puts us in a position to get the AV.
Old January 25, 2004, 16:40   #5
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:03
i'm mostly again to exchainging techs, unless it is a ealy good deal or with a good allay.
and betterto begin refusing erlyer.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old January 25, 2004, 16:42   #6
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Do we have to agree no PEG? Would they agree to anything similar in return?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 25, 2004, 19:56   #7
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:03
And so I shall be proven correct. The CyCon are sooooo untrustworthy.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 25, 2004, 19:57   #8
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Oh, do the trade if we can. Its better than them getting it for free.

-Jam
Old January 26, 2004, 01:32   #9
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 12:03
Def do the trade.
Old January 26, 2004, 08:25   #10
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Yeah, I had to give mim that or else she'd attack us.
Not that I care, but it's one annoyance I'd rather fight later rather than now.

Quote:
i'm mostly again to exchainging techs, unless it is a ealy good deal or with a good allay.
and betterto begin refusing erlyer.
I hope this guy is a fast learner, because he sure has a lot to learn.
1. Tech exchanges are situational, not a matter of principle. Gain the information then act upon it.
I.E. PERUSE THE DAMN THREADS AND USE YOUR DAMN HEAD.
2. This is a good deal. Adaptive Econ for free, if you read my intro.
You didn't understand my intro, did you?
/me sighs
You have a long way to go, t_ras, and I am quickly losing patience.
3. It's past 2150. Surely you at least know THAT. This -is- later, not sooner.
4. Fix the typoes. They make you look like a smacktard.
Old January 26, 2004, 11:56   #11
Snowflake
Princess

Enigma I know that you have your own style of dealing with people but I still feel that sometimes your ignorant arrogance is very sickening. Let me repeat again, just because people do not agree with you it doesn't mean they know any less than you. I too hope you are a fast learner because it doesn't appear to me that you are learning fast enough. I mean how long could it take for somebody to learn a good manner? And tell me what "typoes" means please?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 26, 2004, 12:50   #12
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Enigma I know that you have your own style of dealing with people but I still feel that sometimes your ignorant arrogance is very sickening.
'ignorant arrogance'?
Would you people rather I concede the point so you have an excuse to ignore the marvellous ideas I generate?
Fine - have your excuse. It only further shows a weakness to exploit.
I've explained this before, and am now tired.
So to everyone who cares:
I believe what I believe, and will follow it, even against the beliefs of others, in case those beleifs are wrong.
I believe I have the intelligence to locate problems, and the ability to fix problems.
I think, that the indesire of others to fix problems is a problem.
Take it from there.

Quote:
Let me repeat again, just because people do not agree with you it doesn't mean they know any less than you.
I heard you the first time. I understood you the first time the same as I understand you now.
Are you suggesting there's a flaw in my understanding?
Now, I accept that there are people with far different mental builds than I, including those who get from nonthinking rather than analysis.
No, I did not suggest their way of thinking is in any way detrimental to how humanity evolves.
What I DID suggest, was that their way of 'thinking' was detrimental to how MY humanity evolves.
I see it as a factional strive, not a holy war.

Know that my quest to find The Allies has taken a sharp turn!
With wisdom, I realise that people must value thinking (or at least self-criticism) to be Allies.
So, now, I merely speak of my value of questioning.
If someone thinks about it, then they can be talked to more.
But people who do not enjoy thinking cannot be Allies, so I shall bother them not - except in attack.
With this new wisdom, my efforts will not be wasted.

Quote:
I too hope you are a fast learner because it doesn't appear to me that you are learning fast enough.
Is it possibly because I don't believe what you are saying and would need some further convincing?

Quote:
I mean how long could it take for somebody to learn a good manner?
I believe that the only 'good manners' are those manners that you think for yourself are good.
If you replace the word 'yourself' with 'society', then you have the common definition.
But I am not society; I think it is important that a group of people escape the burning ruin of earth.
To accept 'good manners' is a stepping stone to having my self subjugated by society and thus becoming a traitor to my species.
In short, I'll think as I will and act as I desire. If I desire to act in line with your laws, so be it, and if I act out of accordance, so be it!
I do not believe in laws and rules.
They are just signs of our immaturity as a species.

Quote:
And tell me what "typoes" means please?
Typographical error, i.e. a grammar or spelling mistake caused by a slip of the wrist rather than a lack of knowledge.
For instance, if I were to say: 'Watemrelon' (note the 'm' and 'r') then it would be a typographical mistake.
If I were to say 'supercalafragilisticexpyaladosious' then the spelling mistake is caused by the fact that I can't spell the word.
Old January 26, 2004, 19:52   #13
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
'ignorant arrogance'?
Would you people rather I concede the point so you have an excuse to ignore the marvellous ideas I generate?
Fine - have your excuse. It only further shows a weakness to exploit.
I've explained this before, and am now tired.
So to everyone who cares:
I believe what I believe, and will follow it, even against the beliefs of others, in case those beleifs are wrong.
I believe I have the intelligence to locate problems, and the ability to fix problems.
I think, that the indesire of others to fix problems is a problem.
Take it from there.
I for one do not particularly care for what you believe or think of yourself and your abilities, to be arrogant with knowledge is akin to being blind with light, this alone should be sufficient grounds to demonstrate your delusion of knowledge, ignorance of ignorance. But pleasantries aside, keep what you believe to yourself and be polite.

Also as a kind reminder know well your place within the structure of thing, for frankly I do not think the Hive will tolerate blackmail from you simply because you hold the position of turn-player, you believe yourself to be indispensable, I would not be so secure in your position if I were you since well you cannot count on your fellow humans being rational.
Old January 26, 2004, 21:34   #14
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:03
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Enigma I know that you have your own style of dealing with people but I still feel that sometimes your ignorant arrogance is very sickening. Let me repeat again, just because people do not agree with you it doesn't mean they know any less than you. I too hope you are a fast learner because it doesn't appear to me that you are learning fast enough. I mean how long could it take for somebody to learn a good manner? And tell me what "typoes" means please?
Agreed.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old January 27, 2004, 05:09   #15
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
I for one do not particularly care for what you believe or think of yourself and your abilities,
Yes... and I can see that people aren't going to get it either.
So I guess I put down the wisdom stick and start using the vengeance stick with two hands.
Works for me.

Quote:
to be arrogant with knowledge is akin to being blind with light, this alone should be sufficient grounds to demonstrate your delusion of knowledge, ignorance of ignorance.
...So now we use the 'evidence' of perception to prove something which is false. Damn, you guys are as bad as my ex-parents.

Quote:
But pleasantries aside, keep what you believe to yourself and be polite.
In other words, sit down and shut up.
Sorry - you all can get ****ed. I'm here to fix problems and you're getting in my way. Move aside.

Quote:
Also as a kind reminder know well your place within the structure of thing,
I should have joined some other faction more compatible with my resentment of hurdles to my goals, and a lot more compatible with my overt individuality.
That said, reminder noted. I'll be sure to hold it against you.

Quote:
for frankly I do not think the Hive will tolerate blackmail from you
They will tolerate it no less than I tolerate them trying to subjugate me to their wily authoritarian ways.

Quote:
simply because you hold the position of turn-player, you believe yourself to be indispensable,
It depends on what people want.
Do they want to win with a vengeance, or lose with good humour?
That is the dichotomy of my person - strong, resentful...
I guess you're opting to lose with good humour.
Well have a good time losing... losers.

Quote:
I would not be so secure in your position if I were you since well you cannot count on your fellow humans being rational.
They're perfectly rational about getting what they want. It's just a matter of their wants being markedly different from my own.

Just bloody brilliant. While I'm busy combatting other factions, there are enemies within the walls for me to deal with as well!
I swear... I shall remove the world of your flaws and make you suffer for this treachery.
Old January 27, 2004, 08:23   #16
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:03
You *do* realize that it´s just a short distance from genius to madness?

I guess you simply lack experience dealing with people. The other option is that you are an insane killer beast and thus a threat to mankind...
Old January 27, 2004, 16:25   #17
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I have had more than my fill of experience when dealing with your kind.

As for the insane killer beast?
I'm a questioner trying to solve problems, blockaded by the current system of things, so to solve problems I must remove the blockade by the current system of things.
Considering some of the idiots out there, I think it would be insane to let them love.

A threat to society? The current one, definately - but who's to say that the current society is any good?
I reckon that I could do better than that Moses dude.
Old January 27, 2004, 16:33   #18
Snowflake
Princess

Sigh. Enigma, isn't it very painful and tiresome to be angry all the time? You had your chance, don't blow it. It is not being in which faction it matters. How many times have you tried? Have you found a place where you don't feel angry yet? Being able to control oneself is something even people with the highest IQ still need. This is a demo game. Can you still not understand what people want? I'm not saying that we can't win. I'm saying if when we win there are no people left or everybody leave the game with a feeling of being hurt, what good does a win do?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 27, 2004, 18:02   #19
Voltaire
King

Like with any small child the best means by which to approach Enigma to me seem to be ignoring him, that might work, let’s give it a shot. However tempting I might find it to respond to his provocations, and tempting it is for little do I find mind intolerable, the method just might work.
Old January 27, 2004, 18:46   #20
Jamski
Deity

We all know how to "add to ignore list" right? I can send people a PM with instructions if they havn't done it before.

-Jam
Old January 27, 2004, 20:45   #21
Jamski
Deity

I sent this answer to the PM Maniac also sent to HongHu and Voltaire:

Quote:
Part of the trouble leading to his expulsion is him offering you this deal, without informing anyone till afterwards. We actually haven't discussed it yet. Please can you hold for an official response.

-Jam
I hope that was correct.

-Jam
Old January 28, 2004, 12:05   #22
Voltaire
King

In part, but to be honest that was a rather small aspect that contributed to his departure.
Old January 28, 2004, 18:58   #23
Jamski
Deity

Like I said - "in part" - this IS a Hive internal matter, isn't it?

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 00:32   #24
Voltaire
King

Indeed, an internal matter.
Old January 29, 2004, 04:33   #25
Jamski
Deity

So... do we HAVE an official response?

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 19:56   #26
Voltaire
King

I have no problem with telling the truth, unless anyone else objects to it we might as well reveal it.
Old January 30, 2004, 12:14   #27
Snowflake
Princess

We can get Adaptive Econ from the PEACE. And I imagine once we start attacking the uni the CC will break our pact. My opinion is not to give them any more techs if we don't gain anything.

Grapefruit Garden