Old January 29, 2004, 20:06   #271
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Guilty of what? Its night-time and noone has been killed.

Perhaps we got the Mafia!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 29, 2004, 20:10   #272
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 13:06
Silly me! You're right of course, all is well, tra la la la la...

/me backs slowly away from Jamski and keeps an eye on him for the rest of the party *
Old January 29, 2004, 20:22   #273
MattH
King

wooooooooooooooo..........

give me your loose change.... and wallets....

woooooooo..........
Old January 29, 2004, 20:22   #274
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I am staying here and cooking steaks for the whole village in full sight, underneath a LAMP POST untill morning comes. Ok?

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 20:22   #275
Jamski
Deity

Just try color without font.

Or start the line with /me

[edit - ah, you have]

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 20:31   #276
MattH
King

it's so depressing not to be able to eat anything anymore

Last edited by MattH; January 29, 2004 at 20:53.
Old January 29, 2004, 20:43   #277
Guynemer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
I am staying here and cooking steaks for the whole village in full sight, underneath a LAMP POST untill morning comes. Ok?

-Jam
Sure you are. You're already too drunk to see straight, and your conscience is dragging up visions of recently murdered villagers... it is more than a little suspicious, mon ami.
Old January 29, 2004, 20:43   #278
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 11:06
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
/me suddenly realizes Jamski is cooking more than just steak.

Not sure which Villager it is though...............
Old January 29, 2004, 21:05   #279
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 19:06
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Not sure which Villager it is though...............
It would be funny if it was yourself
Old January 29, 2004, 21:15   #280
Guynemer
Emperor

As an aside, I've enjoyed how everyone has sort of made the story their own, adding to it and fleshing it out even more... brilliant work, vovan.
Old January 29, 2004, 21:34   #281
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:06
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Well, I plan on staying away from the bar tonight. The last time I was there the mafia decided to raid the place for free alcohol. I will take a keg of beer to an unknown location and stay there for the night, where noone can find me. Not even the mafia(s).
Old January 29, 2004, 22:11   #282
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Ehm, that table's a bit messed up. Jon Miller and Jamski are crossed out as well o_O
Old January 29, 2004, 22:20   #283
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

What browser are you using?
The table looks fine to me (mozilla)
Old January 29, 2004, 22:34   #284
MattH
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zopperoni
Ehm, that table's a bit messed up. Jon Miller and Jamski are crossed out as well o_O
MAYBE it's a slip-up and they're the MAFIAS!
Old January 29, 2004, 22:42   #285
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
What browser are you using?
The table looks fine to me (mozilla)
I'm using Opera, the peculiar thing is that when I select "Jon Miller" or "Jamski", it returns to normal.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	mafia_table.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	156.9 KB
ID:	63151  
Old January 29, 2004, 22:44   #286
Guynemer
Emperor

I knew it!
Old January 29, 2004, 22:47   #287
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Sorry, Zopperoni. I messed up the tags... It works fine on IE, but the tags are messed up nonetheless. When I get the Mafia's orders and post the kill, I'll make sure to fix 'em.
Spore page
Old January 29, 2004, 23:05   #288
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

In the evening, Osweld decided to stop by Skanky's pub. He had finally found himself a nice place to live, and spent the past two days there, mostly never leaving anywhere, unpacking his stuff, and setting up the laboratory in the basement. His new house is conveniently located, not far from the village center, and yet not too close to the shops and the houses, so that noone would bother Osweld much, and hopefully he shouldn't bother others much either.

At any rate, Osweld was shocked by the recent happenings in the village, and decided to stop by Skanky's bar to ask if a death each night was the local norm, or maybe if this was going to stop some time soon. Quite frankly, he already was starting to feel bored in addition to that. After the execution of Spiffor on the main square, Osweld felt fairly safe, sure of the fact that inspector Hercules knew what he was doing. But in the past two days, noone had come to visit Osweld, and now he felt bored and a little sad. So, he ended up at the bar.

Osweld asked for some ale for starters and as he was sipping it, chatted with the pub owner about the life in the village and the villagers themselves. Skanky was friendly, but still rather distant. He felt that the arrival of Osweld to the village wasn't going to lead to any good. It wasn't only the natural animosity towards strangers in small communities, but also Osweld's occupation. Skanky was a bit superstitious and felt like Osweld was a something of a warlock.

Just as Osweld was finishing up his first portion of ale, he saw a couple walk into the bar. He asked Skanky who they were, and the barman replied that it was Kassiopeia and HongHu, and that they weren't really a couple, just worked together. Somehow, Skanky seemed to stress this point, so Osweld decided not to press on for more gossip about the two. He did quite like the seamstress however, and decided it would be best to make friends with her sooner rather than later. To put this plan to action, Osweld waited till Kassiopeia abandoned his partner in favour of the company of rah, CapitanGarlic, alva, and ADG, for a game of poker, sat down at HongHu's table, and offered her a drink.

The conversation got off to a good start, and soon HongHu and Osweld were chatting like high-school friends. Some time later, GenghisFarb joined them, as well. He was a well-educated man, and was also quite curious about the things Osweld was able to do in his experiments. He was eager to learn everything there was about Osweld's occupation, and his mind worked quickly, grasping the details rather easily despite the amount of alcohol he had already consumed. Unlike GenghisFarb, HongHu wasn't unaffected. She got drunk quickly and soon felt dizzy and nauseous. Some time later, she felt so bad, she ran off to the restroom, while the two men were talking excitedly.

In fact, GhengisFarb and Osweld were so consumed by the conversation, it was almost two hours until they noticed that HongHu was gone, and started worrying. They saw the four poker players, including Kassiopeia, leave, and the farmer said it was odd for the tailor to leave without HongHu, and so it would be good to find her, especially seeing the latest happenings in the village. Just as GhengisFarb said that, the two men heard a scream, and saw Jonny run out of the bathroom with eyes as large as saucers.

Jonny had had a lot of ale that evening. The kills had a strong effect on him and he was greatly depressed. So, he tried to drown his sorrow at the pub. And he had succeeded. The ale was good for him, and after a while his mood improved and he was already chatting merrily with Skanky. That's when he felt the other effect of ale at its fullest strength.

Jonny promptly departed to the men's restroom. As he was standing there, feeling better and better by the moment, he felt his left shoe get wet. Jonny grinned: "I'm so drunk, I can't even hit the mark!" - he thought. The man looked down to fix the aim, and saw what he never expected to see. His urine on the floor was mixing with another liquid. Dark-red and viscous. Jonny's eyes started growing larger. He promptly zipped up the pants, almost hurting himself in the process and turned around.

The door to the cabin behind him was open. Inside was HongHu, on her knees. Her face was submerged in the toilet, full of puke. A stiletto was sticking out of her back.

Apparently, Skanky's booze didn't do her much good, and she rushed to the restroom, not even looking, whether it was a ladies' bathroom, and produced the dinner, together with the alcohol, into the toilet. That's when the murderer crept up from behind and hit the seamstress in the back with a stiletto. It went in right between the ribs, just to the left of the spine, and must have pierced the lung.
Spore page
Old January 29, 2004, 23:05   #289
vovan
Emperor

Name Status Vote   Name Status Vote
Zopperoni Alive N/A   GhengisFarb Alive N/A
rah Alive N/A   MattH Dead (Mafia - Round 2) N/A
Jon Miller Alive N/A   Guynemer Alive N/A
HongHu Dead (Mafia - Round 3) N/A   Comrade Tassadar Dead (Mafia - Round 1) N/A
Hercules Alive N/A   Pave Alive N/A
ADG Alive N/A   alva Alive N/A
Kassiopeia Alive N/A   Spiffor Dead (Village - Round 2) N/A
Jamski Alive N/A   Nikolai Alive N/A
Osweld Alive N/A   Jonny Alive N/A
Vlad Antlerkov Alive N/A   Drogue Alive N/A
Skanky Burns Alive N/A   CapitanGarlic Alive N/A
Frozzy Alive N/A   Spaced Cowboy Dead (Village - Round 1) N/A
Village Status: Day
Votes:
  1. N/A
Spore page
Old January 29, 2004, 23:08   #290
MattH
King

Thanks, whoever

*cough* i owe you one *cough*
Old January 29, 2004, 23:12   #291
MattH
King

Note that my murderer didn't commit this crime- HongHu was stabbed in the back while I was brutally mauled.
Old January 29, 2004, 23:27   #292
Guynemer
Emperor

Interesting... Kassi played poker with rah, ADG, alva, and CaptainGarlic; then Ghengis and Osweld noticed the four poker players leave, INCLUDING Kassi.

Now, I'm not one to tell the police how to do their job, but I think Herc's first line of business is to figure out which of the poker players was missing.

I think picking up that trail of clues would lead to an inevitable conclusion:

the killer is Jamski.
Old January 30, 2004, 00:26   #293
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 18:06
"What! Honghu!" , Hercules was incredulous.

He had enjoyed the BBQ (though some of the cooked meat was a bit strange) and he also got chatting to lots of folk. The murder of Spiffor though, meant he had an extra job load. With the effects of the Grog Gold, he also kept a close watch( well triple vision watch) on Jamski who was quite animated talking to thin air.

Hercules visits scene of crime and rushes to next cubicle to throw up. He wasn't sure whether it was the strange meat, the grog or the sight of badly cooked chow mein, that Honghu eh vomited. Somebody musn't have been paying her enough to cook a meal for herself properly.

Hercules thought over who had been at the BBQ and from chatting to Skanky who had been in the bar.

There are immediately two prime suspects:

Kassiopeia and Frozzy.

Kass because he left without asking about Honghu ( Because he knew possibly?)

and Frozzy because he stayed away from the BBQ and the pub. Now who else wasn't at either event.

Last edited by Hercules; January 30, 2004 at 00:33.
Old January 30, 2004, 00:39   #294
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Ewww! That was awful!

She didn't even vote the last time ... But she did speak out some her thoughts ... Hmmmm

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 30, 2004, 01:10   #295
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Jamski

your time has come

Jon Miller
Old January 30, 2004, 01:23   #296
CapitanGarlic
NationStates
Prince

Local Time: 10:06
Whoever killed the town's only female must pay, and in spades.

And the one to pay must be Kass.
Old January 30, 2004, 01:31   #297
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 20:06
Quote:
and Frozzy because he stayed away from the BBQ and the pub. Now who else wasn't at either event.
Well, a heap of people. All of them ripe candidates for being the Mafia, because the Mafia certainly wouldn't take the risk at all and go to the party? He'd just crawl inside unnoticed like mafias do and do the whole mafia... thing, then leave with the sword of doubt suspended over the heads of innocent villagers.
Old January 30, 2004, 02:48   #298
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Poor HongHu... Hope she is well on the other side... Someone shall pay for this cruelty!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old January 30, 2004, 04:08   #299
Jamski
Deity

I assume it was someone who was at both the BBQ and later in the pub... That's where HongHu got the steak and the beer that combined to make her sick...

WAIT! I never served a steak to HongHu! I had to go to Skanky's for more beer and I asked Kassiopea to keep an eye on the grill.

Evil Finnish murderer!!!!!!

He obviously poisoned her stake and then followed her to the bar, filled her glass when she wasn't looking, and gave her a stabbing in the backroom before dragging her to the porcelain throne room.

-Jam
Old January 30, 2004, 04:40   #300
Skanky Burns

I vote for Kassi. Obviously there were differences of opinion in their business relationship, so he took the easy way out and killed her. Now who is going to give me compliments on my purple shoes?

Besides, Kass hasn't payed his bill for a few days now...