Old January 29, 2004, 13:18   #31
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 12:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Last night got my 2nd SGL in the same game right with the discovery of Fission.

I used him for the UN since that was most valuable wonder left.

The bigest shock though was there was there was only 4 Urainiums on a randomly generated map that started with 6 civs and was down to 4 civs. (3 major power including myself, the other a two city civ.) The 4 Urainums were split evenly between the other two major powers, and while all sources were on the panagena, they were far away.

Given that the next most advanced power still needed Electronics (Irq), I waited for my luxary deal with the least advanced major power to expire (Aztecs), signed an MPP with the Irq and didn't attack that turn (so that Aztecs would make the first attack and the Irq would side with me instead of the Atecs.)
Worked beautifly.

I've annexed the ex-Persian empire that the Aztecs took over to form a connection and for good mesure took out a Persian city with Dyes as well. The Irq have taken out the isolated Aztec cities in ex American and ex Incan territory. Just raized the size 19 Aztec city that was two tiles from the urainum and refounded it one tile closer. I now just need to wait for my ally to get his calvary off that urainum hill so I can road it.
joncnunn is offline   Reply With Quote