Average cloud cover, native life, erosion
50-70% Ocean
Do or Die OFF
Flexible start ON
Random events OFF

AI has been tweaked abit alot

Rules
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=14379

Though if all players consent now then the stockpile bug may be used. (insert stockpile energy after a military unit to gain extra ec's when unit is completed)
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Last edited by Lazerus; January 27, 2004 at 13:22.
Lazerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2004, 20:52   #2
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 18:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Heres the file for BinT to download, its saying the file exceeds your email max size (its zipped so its under 60k?)

Any problems give me a shout, otherwise have fun !

Girls night in, Gaian 2102
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Last edited by Lazerus; January 26, 2004 at 21:07.
Old January 27, 2004, 04:20   #3
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 20:07
Got the file,played through sent to t_ras hope he noticed!
Sent it from
xxIvanTravkin@hotmail.com - my new address

hotmail is better in handling attachments!

About file- 1 bug sighted:
If Lazarus was trying to give all techs in the 1st Shift-R he didnt manage - I got only 4!

But thats ok 4 me - got 1 good tech on research & hopefully will trade another in!

Dont restart if Im the only 1 who gets this bug!

Also-can we make diplomacy by email,out-of-game:

example:
I send Peacekeepers mail containin:

"What do U want 4 BioGenetics?
Can give-World Map, CentEco, credits"

He replies:
"Cent Eco&World Map"

I receive and open the dialog box when my turn is or he opens if his turn is closer..

Is this allowed?
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
binTravkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2004, 04:22   #4
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

NO for stockpile bug allowed!

It will do good only to warmongers!
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old January 27, 2004, 05:09   #5
binTravkin
Emperor

Datalinks:
The Gaian Ascent
----------------------
Awaken my sisters and brothers!

We shall not confront Planet as an enemy, but shall accept
its mysteries as gifts to be cherished.
Nor shall we crudely seek to peel the layers away like the skin from an onion.
Instead
We shall gather them together as the tree gathers the breeze.
The wind shall blow and we shall bend.
The sky shall open and we shall drink our fill.
----------------------
Old January 27, 2004, 05:11   #6
binTravkin
Emperor

How did U tweak that AI Lazarus?
In quantity or quality?
Old January 27, 2004, 07:30   #7
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:07
diplomacy is ok in any way as long as you have met before.

so please ignore my responce to your offer. i forgot it is 1st turn.

BTW, turn moved on to themonger
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
t_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2004, 13:32   #8
Lazerus
King

As i said BinT there were several factions not getting all options but i was happy that for your faction atleast the early major choices were present and thus you were not disadvantaged.

Yeah that happens in pbems at times, you start off with the other players comm for no apparent reason, so remember NO communication before physical contact or "obtaining" it from another player/AI. Yes you are allowed to talk outside of game but please try and be fair, im not sure what the etiquette is usually ie, "hey friend i'm at x:y lets meet at x:y so we can start trading" should be avoided. Once you've got comms starting all the "psst you wanna gang up on on Mr.C?" is fine and encouraged.

You'll find out about the AI in time
Old January 28, 2004, 03:27   #9
binTravkin
Emperor

Does it always takes so long 4 three players in US to play 1st turn?

Mine took only 5min 4 me!

So we r to wait 4 next morning..
..or maybe theyre playing it still?
Old January 28, 2004, 05:06   #10
Themonger
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:07
Turn on to the Morgans.

I didn't get the specific tech choice I would have picked, but I got one that is satisfactory for me, as for diplomacy, I recieved a proposal for a trade before I had come into contact with this faction (to remain unnamed for their saftey ) Just a reminder that this is considered bad mannered, and even cheating in some circles. Wait until you legitmately get my comm link before you propose your deal.

Just a question what about spoils of war or tech stag? Are they on or off?
Old January 28, 2004, 05:49   #11
binTravkin
Emperor

About that proposal -> I had done everything I needed to in my turn and wanted to try how does it work and to know what can exchange for it(what I proposed)

I was surprised when t_ras said that Cent Eco for DocLoy is OK!

Hope those 2 get through soon!
Old January 28, 2004, 14:38   #12
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 13:07
Turn to Lal.

Jade Morgan stopped and tried to spruce up her hair. She hated daddy, why did they have to go on this stupid trip anyway, earth was way more fizz.

"Lieutenant Morgan, Alf's being attacked by some native lifeform." yelled one of her men.

She looked over. Eeww. Those pink thingies clashed horribly with the yellow uniform. Plus they were all wormy, and none of the weapon fire seemed to be affecting them. Well, her little brother the creep had made it work when he used to kill ants, back on earth. She took her hairspray and threw it, and when it landed in the mass of pink thingies, she shot it with her hand laser.

Vavoom. Shriveled pink thingies. Everyone was complimenting her, and all she wanted was a shower. "Lets find daddy a place to put that stupid colony pod, or we'll never have running water." Everybody nodded agreement. Poor Alfie, he'd been sorta cute.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2004, 14:57   #13
Lazerus
King

tech stag and spoils of war are off as was requested by the majority.
Old January 28, 2004, 15:32   #14
Mr. Harley
Prince

Lazarus, thanks for doing the CMN work.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old January 28, 2004, 16:19   #15
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

I have just forwarded a turn to Gaians, but i have to ask Lazerus for exception. I have just found strange behaviour of the game, which i haven't realised before. I just forgot about it, coz i probably have read about it some years before, and just did not realize the consequences. This is my first PBEM game in AC.
I was working recently on modification where i changed factors in alpha.txt. I changed alpha.txt in the main AC directory. Somehow i thought that when a game is started, a copy of alpha.txt is stored for good in that saved game, so the rules of the game remain constant throughout the game - they are not. When i loaded the game - those tweaked by me rules became available for me. I was surprised, I wondered how Lazerus might come to the same changes. Anyway, i am creating a new file for Gaians with addition in name "corrected" and post both turns for Lazerus to see - i just created base and sent one unit one tile. Both files are in one zip - you can skip other players turns and get mine settings for 2103....

Sorry for trouble, and i promise never to tweak again the alpha files in the main directory.........
Attached Files:
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2004, 16:24   #16
Mr. Harley
Prince

Honest man. The game is off to a great start.
Old January 28, 2004, 16:39   #17
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

I have just forwarded a turn to Gaians, but i have to ask Lazerus for exception. I have just found strange behaviour of the game, which i haven't realised before. I just forgot about it, coz i probably have read about it some years before, and just did not realize the consequences. This is my first PBEM game in AC.
I was working recently on modification where i changed factors in alpha.txt. I changed alpha.txt in the main AC directory. Somehow i thought that when a game is started, a copy of alpha.txt is stored for good in that saved game, so the rules of the game remain constant throughout the game - they are not. When i loaded the game - those tweaked by me rules became available for me. I was surprised, I wondered how Lazerus might come to the same changes. Anyway, i am creating a new file for Gaians with addition in name "corrected" and post both turns for Lazerus to see - i just created base and sent one unit one tile. Both files are in one zip - you can skip other players turns and get mine settings for 2103....

Sorry for trouble, and i promise never to tweak again the alpha files in the main directory.........
Attached Files:
Old January 28, 2004, 17:05   #18
binTravkin
Emperor

Aok, file forwarded

Forwarded corrected version
(Have 1st one too on my HDD)

-----------------------------------
"I believe Planet will talk to us if we are willing
to listen."

-- Lord binTravkin
-----------------------------------
Old January 28, 2004, 20:48   #19
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

just got file, im at work, will play tomorrow....
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old January 29, 2004, 02:42   #20
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

mongered....
Old January 29, 2004, 04:51   #21
Themonger
Chieftain

turn past on to the Morganites
Old January 29, 2004, 05:27   #22
binTravkin
Emperor

This time seems faster!

What timezone do u have Themonger?

Or u played your turn some time between 00-04 this night?
Old January 29, 2004, 06:07   #23
Mr. Harley
Prince

I'll get the turn played in about two-three hours.
Old January 30, 2004, 02:04   #24
Mr. Harley
Prince

Short delay, upgraded Direct-X and had some problems. Will hopefully have sorted out by morning.
Old January 30, 2004, 05:05   #25
binTravkin
Emperor

If I get my turn until 5pm today (GMT+2) I will be able to play it,othervise only monday or maybe sunday night -> weekend relaxation trip to home

waitin!
Old January 30, 2004, 10:27   #26
binTravkin
Emperor

Ok, Im out till Sunday evening!
Old January 30, 2004, 12:30   #27
Themonger
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by binTravkin
This time seems faster!

What timezone do u have Themonger?

Or u played your turn some time between 00-04 this night?
I'm US Cent time. As long as I get the turn before I go to bed (around 2:00 here) I can pass it on then.
Old January 30, 2004, 17:32   #28
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to peacekeepers - sorry about the delay
Old January 30, 2004, 19:35   #29
Mart
Emperor

Shawn, i do not have your email in my inbox yet, did it go through?
Old January 31, 2004, 00:08   #30
Mr. Harley
Prince

I'll try again in the morning - I'm at work. I have no idea what happened. The attachment was around 40kb I believe, did your hotmail account have enough room - I ran into that problem the first time I tried PBEM.