Old September 13, 2004, 12:30   #271
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
disaster.....
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
t_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2004, 12:31   #272
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 20:08
Hey, don't lose your faith buddy!
The game is NOT over with this - the only human player who grabbed SPs is Shawnmcc, so all others are quite disadvantaged, not only you!
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
binTravkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2004, 12:37   #273
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

well....if you put it this way...than i guess I'll have to win so I won't make you a layer
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old September 13, 2004, 12:40   #274
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
so I won't make you a layer

..statement quite unclear..
Did you want to say liar? (one who tells lies?)
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old September 13, 2004, 12:47   #275
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

of course...hmhm
Old September 13, 2004, 21:20   #276
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

You can still accumulate minerals, T_ras. And when you have a tech with a new SP, just switch to it. None of the min's are lost if below the cost of that finally built SP, even those red ones before SP is done. You know it?
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2004, 02:18   #277
binTravkin
Emperor

Yeah, but it only seem to work in Single Player, because in some strange way I didn't see Hive's SP in the SP window..

Last edited by binTravkin; September 14, 2004 at 03:39.
Old September 14, 2004, 03:40   #278
binTravkin
Emperor

But was the turn ever passed on??
Old September 15, 2004, 03:17   #279
binTravkin
Emperor

2134 to T_Ras
Old September 15, 2004, 03:18   #280
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 13:08
I got the turn this morning, and passed it on this evening at 9PM - didn't post here because had to get to work (on break now). I still haven't seen any of the oddball map features yet. Problem with running FM, don't get to explore as much.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2004, 03:28   #281
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

2134 to Gaians
------------------------
Mission Year 2133

After three lost fights with "mindworms", as we commonly call them I had been greatly discourged. Fortunatelly, our recent research breakthrough has allowed us to enhance my security forces with trance modification. There is only single T-scout unit so far, but all new units will be required to have training and trance equipment. I am still not sure if to upgrade all old troops, after all it is very expensive in this case, especially now, when energy shortages are felt everywhere.

My recently dispatched colonists sent to establish a new base on the shore discovered at the planned base site a starship "Unity" supply pod full of minerals. They found also the site extremely suitable for a new establishment . Maybe finally luck will follow our efforts.

'My Private Notes'
Brother Mart
U.N. Chiron Mission
-Datalinks

------------------------

Edit: this post should be two positions earlier...
Shawn, you have FM, so you do not travel much... I do not travell much either - worms promptly kill many of my units wanderring around my bases within my territory. I'm on a cursed piece of land or something...

Last edited by mart7x5; September 15, 2004 at 03:34.
Old September 15, 2004, 03:32   #282
binTravkin
Emperor

Seems we're posting in not the right order:

For T_Ras (if he didn't see my post):

2134 to T_Ras!
Old September 15, 2004, 06:34   #283
Mr. Harley
Prince

By the way, it will probably be Miriam who get the Merchant Exchange. Yes, the F5 screen shows me building it, but that's simply to keep the AI happy and think that I'm competing on that one. There are two other ones I want alot more. So figure the Spartans with The Command Nexus, and Miriam with the Merchant Exchange. Anyone else who can beat her will have crawlers, and if they have crawlers, they'll let her have it.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old September 15, 2004, 22:26   #284
Mart
Emperor

A question:
Are we allowed to exploit stockpile energy bug in this game?
Old September 16, 2004, 05:47   #285
binTravkin
Emperor

I guess no, but I have info that some people are doing or have been doing it in this game..
Old September 20, 2004, 12:43   #286
binTravkin
Emperor

Well?
Old September 20, 2004, 13:20   #287
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

i sent it by the 16/9
but resent now
Old September 20, 2004, 20:14   #288
Themonger
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:08
k, but I got 2134, not 2135...
Old September 21, 2004, 03:33   #289
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Lal. Slight delay, cable modem problems took the turn to work on a USB drive, sent it via hotmail.

I had thought we could use the stockpile energy bug for non-unit production,i.e. facilities and SP's. If not, I will have to pay back some money over the next several years. Please fill in. If anybody had misunderstood (and we could use it), any suggestions as to make it equitable. I would contribute some energy for that. I could work backwards based on my facilities produced if I owe the energy back, or the people who misunderstood could do the same and split the difference with those of us who used it.
Old September 21, 2004, 04:53   #290
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

better leave your bases as they are.
I didnt use it but if you can get a substantial amount of energy from the trik maybe the best way would for you to tell more or less how much energy you made from it so others can do it too (till they get the same amount), and no budy would do it again.
Old September 21, 2004, 05:02   #291
binTravkin
Emperor

I don't think there should be any sanctions, just this is a lesson for us all-to state whether stockpile is on or off at the very first turn of the game

Morganites are now the strongest human faction in this game,but having at least 1 powerful natural enemy (Sparta via Wealth) and presumably not so good relations with other humans (via stockpile), so it's too early to say that Morganites are winning via stockpile and too late to do anything about Morganite current might (3 SPs, best (IMO) infrastructure and research and much ecs)..

Let's just leave it as-is

Calculation of the ec's gained such way would take too much work I think..
Old September 21, 2004, 05:11   #292
Mr. Harley
Prince

By the way, I agree with t-ras. Right now I'll stop using it, and the other players who have not used it can use it the next 34 years. Then go ahead and decide if we are going to use it, the standard PBEM rules says it's ok for non-military units (includes formers and probe teams, by the way).
Old September 21, 2004, 07:34   #293
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

ye, i know...
Old September 21, 2004, 10:25   #294
Mr. Harley
Prince

So let's all post here - who has used it besides me (for non-unit production - I asked one of the CMN's early on if that included formers - no, so ) . I will not use it for the next XXX years, with us deciding how many years are fair, you gain more energy later on, but the compounded benefit is obviously greatest from early on, which is why one for one works. Then, afterwards, we all use it or quit using it. In a one game I'm filling in on it's banned, the other let's you use it. I am quite sure it has been very important to my gaining the advantage, I'm a terrible micro-manager and will try to calculate if a Librarian's points are wasted (due to how the research is figured) so I'll make him a tech instead for a turn. I'll even use the scenario editor to make a semi-duplicate of the game so I can test various options. By the way, I'm a Virgo (and I need to go to bed, I worked last night).
Old September 21, 2004, 12:13   #295
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

no need for such trouble - I dont think I'm good enough to say if we can ignore it or not, I'll PM laezros to judge
Old September 21, 2004, 12:26   #296
Mr. Harley
Prince

(Having trouble sleeping). T_ras, that's something we can work out among ourselves. I'm offering, we can then check on Thermonger, Mart, and binTravkin. I don't want an unfair advantage due to a misunderstanding of the rules, and I'm quite willing to do this to help equal out the advantage. After all, everybody is playing in MY language, and I know I would f*** up royally if I had to play in someone else's. I'm your typical linguistically challenged American.
Old September 21, 2004, 12:33   #297
binTravkin
Emperor

Hey, stop be so egoistic, both of you!

One of you tries to prevent himself from being banned and the other tries to show how much he wants it..
Aren't we there for fun not for rants?

Ok, one of us has made a mistake, so he should pay, but not be banned!

Inviting Laserus, however is a good idea, because he represents neutral side and therefore can judge most efficently..
Old September 21, 2004, 14:14   #298
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 18:08
Quote:
I had thought we could use the stockpile energy bug for non-unit production,i.e. facilities and SP's
err if my memory serves me correct ( fat chance ) the stockpile bug only works on military units produced ?

However if this isn't the case, shawnmcc take a rough guess how much he has made from this and theres two options; you either earn the cash yourself via using the stockpile bug or he either spreads the wealth by giving say (don't know numbers yet to judge a reasonable figure) 1/4 to 1/2 turns income to each player over the next few years. Since having money early has a knock on effect to faster future production then this boost should help others catch up and also slow him down a fair bit (especially being morgan).

Also please be honest if you have used it aswell, say now, i may ask for previous turns and those who deny but get caught i'll push for stronger sanctions.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Last edited by Lazerus; September 21, 2004 at 14:31.
Lazerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2004, 14:40   #299
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 18:08
Stockpile bug:

When building a unit, the turn that the unit completes gives you that unit plus the stockpile energy value for that base as if it were stockpiling energy, plus it then applies any leftover minerals after the unit completion towards your next build in that base.

Note that it doesn't work with facilities being built, just units

edit after CEO Aaron's post: AFAIK after completing a base there is no energy stockpiled. That's why it's smart to pay 20 ec's more to completely finish a facility - it gives ten minerals towards the next facility (but not unit), with no energy stockpiled. Otherwise there would be energy additions (there aren't)

Source : Googlie

So if shawn has only been using this on non-unit production then no cheating has taken place and the game is free to continue.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Lazerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21, 2004, 16:46   #300
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

I think lezarus offer is right. shawnmmcc better keep some cash for his self also, but giving as part of it is a good solution.
shawnmmcc : do you know how many years it would take to pass to us a fair amount?