Old February 9, 2005, 09:23   #451
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Brother Lal is busy preparing official notes. He has no time for games at the moment...
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2005, 09:25   #452
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 20:08
Quote:
Brother Lal is busy preparing official notes. He has no time for games at the moment...
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
binTravkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2005, 13:37   #453
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Welcome Message to Leaders of all Factions on Chiron

Brother Lal is happy to send this message to all Leaders on the planet. After 52 years in the isolation the U.N. starship "Unity" survivors can finally be contacted. Presently the U.N. Authority will contact all Leaders inquiring of your needs and emergencies which might arise during the isolation period. The Authority will be happy to help you in its capabilities. We ask in return your cooperation regarding sharing of the retrieved technologies from Earth. We also can provide needed technologies to Factions in need.

Brother Lal
Mission Secretary Mart
Old February 9, 2005, 13:39   #454
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

52 is correct, not 152..
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old February 9, 2005, 13:40   #455
binTravkin
Emperor

good!
Old February 9, 2005, 13:57   #456
Mart
Emperor

Special Note to Faction Leaders

After considerations The U.N. Authority decided to send the following message to all interested Factions on the planet. It has been yet on Earth decided that the mission will elect Planetary Governor within the Planetary Council. Using the procedure determined by U.N. on Earth, present vote numbers among Leaders of survivor communities are as follows:
Code:
Sister Miriam		53
Colonel Santiago 	50
CEO Shawnmmcc		49
Brother Lal		44
Lord BinTravkin		23
Academician Googlie	16
Chairman T_Ras		11
Considering that Sister Miriam and Colonel Santiago according to the rule would be nominated in the elections, The U.N. Authority feels that more detailed negotiations are required with Sister Miriam and Colonel Santiago regarding their appropriate cooperation in leadership of this mission. For this reason the elections will not be held this year.

The Authority wishes in the near future to provide all Factions with commlinks to all other factions without any additional conditions. The date of such commlink release will be announced in the near future.

Mission Secretary Mart
Old February 9, 2005, 14:50   #457
binTravkin
Emperor

Where's the turn then?
Old February 9, 2005, 15:18   #458
Mart
Emperor

Dear Lord BinTravkin,
Chiron is large planet. Imagine the Secretary Mart is doing all alone the work for Brother Lal sending out communication to all factions on Chiron
---
Lord BinTravkin, the first interfactional message goes out to Gaian Union.

Last edited by mart7x5; February 9, 2005 at 15:57.
Old February 10, 2005, 04:24   #459
Mart
Emperor

2153 to Gaians
Offers inserted in commlinks.

-------
Exclusive Inerview with Brother Lal
from "UN Voice of Chiron", 2152

Rep. Newsman: Brother Lal, it appears that planetary community may feel surprised by the completion of "Empath Guild"?

Brother Lal: Yes, I believe for some factions this has been indeed a surprising event. Some probably have not expected the U.N. to pursue this research direction. However, we did it. And with tremendous cost.

Rep. Newsman: What will change as for the interfactional relations?

Brother Lal: Factions will have now mutual contact.

Rep. Newsman: Please, excuse me, I haven't formulated my question correctly. May other factions expect some serious change in U.N. Authority policy towards them? In short, Would you abuse the Emapth Guild?

Brother Lal: Mr. Newsman, "abuse" is a strong word. You certainly know that the U.N. is devoted for peace. I do not think that other Faction Leaders should be afraid of anything.

Rep. Newsman: Some may not like the infiltration powers you now have.

Brother Lal: In what way the Empath Guild is better than a well working spying networks? I would not exagerate here.

Rep. Newsman: And increased votes in the Planetary Council?

Brother Lal: We are United Nations. Our support is strong in Council. I think this is the way things should be here on Chiron.

Rep. Newsman: Really interesting years are in the near future.

Brother Lal: Yes they are.

-------
Mindworm Attacks More Frequent
from "UN Voice of Chiron", 2152

Two strong mindworm attacks had place within Peacekeeper Territory in years 2151 and 2152. Experts investigate possible causes of the increased activity of native planet life.

Last edited by mart7x5; February 10, 2005 at 04:30.
Old February 10, 2005, 04:28   #460
binTravkin
Emperor

2153 to Hive
Old February 10, 2005, 05:41   #461
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Comunicat to all Hive commarades:

We jave sign a trity of friendship with the lastings of what use to be the U.N.. We beleave this people to be honest and trustworthty. We look foward for more merchant interchange between our comunities and also culutural exchange that might result in convising people with rou right way of life.

Cammarade Chairman T_ras.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
t_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2005, 21:44   #462
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 10:08
2151 to Shawnmmcc

Quote:
Originally posted by mart7x5
Rep. Newsman: What will change as for the interfactional relations?

Brother Lal: Factions will have now mutual contact.
Note that the Empath Guild only gives the commlinks of all factions to the faction that builds the EG (ie, the PeaceKeepers)

Other factions do not yet have the commlinks of each other until they meet, pop the commlink thru a podpop, or if the PK's trade/sell/gift it to them.

(Note that I have not attempted to contact any other faction - other than the PK's who first contacted me. ...................... post here if the concensus is that we now have open contact between all factions and I will change my alpha.txt file to accommodate this (I have the following set-up - my bold italics:

Quote:
Extract from Googlie's alpha.txt file

Gravity, ; Technology to allow orbital insertion w/o Space Elevator
EcoEng2, ; Technology for +1 mining platform bonus
PlaEcon, ; Technology for economic victory
1, ; If non-zero, probe teams can steal technologies
1, ; If non-zero, humans can always contact each other in net games
0, ; If non-zero, humans can always contact each other in hotseat/email games
50, ; Maximum % damage inflicted by arty versus units in base/bunker
99, ; Maximum % damage inflicted by arty versus units in open
100, ; Maximum % damage inflicted by arty versus units at sea
G.
Googlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10, 2005, 22:02   #463
Mart
Emperor

Yes, ofcourse.
Brother Lal refers to situation when all commlinks will be released later, as the statement several post before says that.

Currently if you wish to contact other factions, with which you do not have contact yet, you may send a request to Brother Lal's office. Secretary Mart will be happy to help you
----
Before the Authority will release the commlinks through the game, Lal can just forward messages.
----
Well, I think that the setting may stay like this, the way you showed. I plan to provide all human factions with mutual contact in a few turns, but for now, please refrain from contacting each other between factions that do not posses commlinks in the game yet.
Some time has to pass before the excellent PK efficiency will complete all necessary UN procedures....

I can forward messages - I guess this is possible - what I mean by avoiding contact is not establishing Treaties or Pacts, not exchanging technologies for the time being etc.
If you wish though just to exchange information by forwarded messages - that is I guess possible, as in the real situation it would be:
Factions A and B cannot talk directly, though A sends message to Lal and Lal to B. What may be in messages... anything from weather conditions in base X to list of technologies you have or locations of your bases. Provided you would want to release such information to a factions you may not know anything about, where it is located more or less etc.
So sending messages through email should be ok, as long as you actually do not trade techs in game or establish Treaties or Pacts if you haven't met in game actually.

I just realized that in fact I cannot forward any commlink at the moment. I wonder if this will change next turn. If not, when the date of commlink release come, we may work it out - the way alpha.txt may be changed, but I would hate to do it - I play also other SMAC game... I wonder if this was intended by game designers. If Empath Guild gives commlinks why not to give/trade them? Unless "...gives commlink to every factions" is something different, but I would be surprised. After this many years still SMAC has a lot of new things for me.

I hope that what I wrote above is clear enough to understand what kind of contact at this moment is offered by PK. If not please ask.

This may hinder this my little advantage of being able to communicate with you all, but anyway I believe my playing as PK requires roleplay like this and I like it this way. The disadvantage is that you might exchange the information between yourself about what techs you might trade later, but anyway... This will make this game more interesting I hope.

Last edited by mart7x5; February 11, 2005 at 04:41.
Old February 11, 2005, 11:54   #464
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

I agree, no comunications.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 13, 2005, 06:36   #465
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 13:08
Until the first election is held, no comm.

2153 - Lal
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13, 2005, 11:06   #466
Mart
Emperor

Special Note to Faction Leaders
U.N. Headquarters, MY 2153

The United Nations Authority wishes to announce that it has decided to adopt for the nearest future a special policy of refraining from entering any Pact agreement. This policy is aimed for retaining political balance of the Authority at this time. Members of UNPKF believe that due to possesion of infiltration in every faction on the planet, leaders of factions which would not be in Pact agreement with UNPKF might feel in danger of loosing their security. Although in fact groundless, accusations by not pacted factions might be made, that UNPKF might attempt release of some crucial data to pacted factions. The Authority does not plan to release its infiltration data to any other faction. This policy during this time carries hope of Brother Lal for maintaining peace on Chiron.

The United Nations Authority would gladly enter Pact agreement with all factions on the planet, this however requires appropriate diplomatic measures, which cannot be reached in very short time. Brother Lal asks for your understanding regarding the announced policy and hopes for future Pact agreements with all factions.

Brother Lal
Mission Secretary Mart

-------
The official announcement of U.N. Committee of Planetary Council Elections

Present vote numbers among Leaders of survivor communities are as follows for the MY 2153:
Code:
Sister Miriam		57(Nominated)
CEO Shawnmmcc		52(Nominated)
Colonel Santiago 	50
Brother Lal		48
Lord BinTravkin		24
Academician Googlie	17
Chairman T_Ras		11
-------
Colonel Santiago declares Vendetta
from "UN Voice of Chiron", 2153

The U.N. Authority is sad to announce that Colonel Santiago declared state of vendetta between Spartan Federation and UNPKF today at 6:20 standard UN time. Brother Lal in his statement expressed his deepest concern about this difficult situation. Peace talks are already initiated.

-------
Inerview with Mission Secretary Mart regarding Planetary Council

Rep. Newsman: Secretary Mart, it is the most worth of everyone's attention that during this year a change in the council nominations had place. CEO Shawnmmcc has now more votes than Colonel Santiago. Will it allow for elections yet this year?

Secretary Mart: No, it has been decided, that the elections will not be held before appropriate negotiations regarding the role of the future Planetary Governor in the mission leadership take place.

Rep. Newsman: Shouldn't that be for the future Governor to decide about such matters? There is an oppinion, that Brother Lal tries to control too much while in fact having little real power.

Secretary Mart: Well, if you raise that issue. You have to know, that Brother Lal considers himself as a very humble person. What others see as "power posture" is in fact service to humanity. What happened on Earth is well known probably to everyone on Chiron. All U.N. Authority members wish to avoid such situation here. Peace is our aim. The Authority acts within its right in this mission.

Rep. Newsman: So what's the hidden agenda?

Secretary Mart: I beg your pardon?

Rep. Newsman: Hidden agenda. You certainly have one.

Secretary Mart: Mr. Newsman...

Rep. Newsman: ...

Secretary Mart: ...

Rep. Newsman: So... Which candidate then will receive the support of the Authority? Sister Miriam has the largerst number of votes.

Secretary Mart: Right. Sister Miriam has been contacted already. However she refused closer cooperation. Brother Lal informed her that in case she would enter Treaty of Friendship she might be considered for the Authority support as the Governor. Unfortunately she refused the treaty.

Rep. Newsman: Maybe the word "might" was not appropriate for her?

Secretary Mart: Treaty was not the only and sufficient conditions, though a necessary condition.

Rep. Newsman: Lets talk about the second candidate, CEO Shawnmmcc. His candidacy is a strong one.

Secretary Mart: Yes, that is true. We will contact CEO Shawnmmcc shortly. However, Brother Lal believes, that the decision of support for CEO requires consultation with all other Faction Leaders on the planet. I will repeat, we wish to avoid conflicts.

Rep. Newsman: Wouldn't Brother Lal wish to nominate himself for that office? Analysts say that such solution might be the best one for the future. UNPKF will even better guard peace on the planet. Since it already posseses infiltration in other factions by Empath Guild, the issue of yet another single Faction Leader having worldwide infitration on Chiron could be avoided. Some Faction Leaders might prefer this solution.

Secretary Mart: I cannot say anything regarding this matter now.

Rep. Newsman: Thank you very much for the interview.

Secretary Mart: Thank you very much for having me in your news network.

-------
Mindworms Spotted

Recently discovered starship "Unity" supply pod turned out to be infested with mindworms. No supplies were found inside the pod. Scientists puzzled. Can mindworms eat earthy stuff?
Old February 14, 2005, 04:51   #467
binTravkin
Emperor

Quote:
Recently discovered starship "Unity" supply pod turned out to be infested with mindworms. No supplies were found inside the pod. Scientists puzzled. Can mindworms eat earthy stuff?
Old February 14, 2005, 05:25   #468
binTravkin
Emperor

By the way - where's the turn then?
Old February 14, 2005, 06:19   #469
Mart
Emperor

Ivan, forgive me, but there is really, really, really a lot of diplomacy here at this point, and you are part of it too. Game is just much more interesting this way. Let us allow for this little slow moment
Old February 16, 2005, 12:46   #470
binTravkin
Emperor

This diplomacy has been going on for two days now and it's no fun for me..
Old February 17, 2005, 02:00   #471
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 13:08
It's only every twenty years - and it's always worst the first time.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2005, 07:56   #472
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

just got into answering. sorry for delaying. I'm in the army till 23/2 and thus not allways available.
Old February 18, 2005, 08:00   #473
binTravkin
Emperor

So after you answer we can go on!
Old February 18, 2005, 12:30   #474
Mart
Emperor

I have all necessary data to submit to CEO Shawnmmcc requirements regarding his Planetary Governorship.

I have to leave for like 7 hours now, and when I am back, I am going to send the message.
Old February 18, 2005, 12:34   #475
binTravkin
Emperor

Take your time then, I'll be out till monday.
Old February 21, 2005, 04:37   #476
binTravkin
Emperor

So?
Old February 23, 2005, 13:17   #477
binTravkin
Emperor

10 days for negotiations..
Old February 23, 2005, 13:26   #478
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

sorry, just back from the army and answered.
Old February 23, 2005, 16:28   #479
Mart
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by binTravkin
10 days for negotiations..
We are almost there...
Old February 24, 2005, 19:24   #480
Mart
Emperor

UN Authority Announcement
U.N. Headquarters, MY 2153

The United Nations Authority wishes to announce that it has dropped the special policy of refraining from entering Pact agreements. Presently talks regarding Pacts have been initiated with all factions on the planet.

Brother Lal
Mission Secretary Mart

-------
The official announcement of U.N. Committee of Planetary Council Elections

Today on December 24, 2153 the first elections for the Planetary Governor office on Chiron have been initiated.
Code:
Sister Miriam		57 Miriam
CEO Shawnmmcc		52
Colonel Santiago 	50 Miriam
Brother Lal		48 Shawnmmcc
Lord BinTravkin		24
Academician Googlie	17
Chairman T_Ras		11

Vote counts:
Sister Miriam		107
CEO Shawnmmcc		48
-------
Future of Chiron seen in bright colours

The sudden change of political situation came quite unexpected to many in the U.N. Headquarters base. It seemed the year 2153 would bring no more new events, but yet in the end of December two more important political decisions have been made by the UN authority leaders. The policy of "no pact agreements" has been dropped. Citizens cheer as many will now have opportunity to visit other planet's bases. Also the first elections for Planetary Governor has been initiated. As some say, it is expected that CEO Shawnmmcc will held this office in the first term. Theis information brought yet more increase in morale of the UNPKF society, which expects that harsh times of extreme energy saving regime are over. Everyone expects a substantial increase in commerce.

Also, all interfactional commlinks have been released and now faction leaders can communicate between themselves directly.

Last edited by mart7x5; February 24, 2005 at 21:56.