Old January 31, 2004, 00:22   #31
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I have over 1.5 Mb free space, so it should arrive without problems. Your first mail came without trouble. Try again, i additionally put your email to safe directory.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2004, 08:22   #32
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 13:07
It would help if I kept my games in seperate mailboxes so I mail the right turn to the right person - as in I sent it to the wrong individual. Sending it again. Sorry.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2004, 10:07   #33
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

turn to Gaians, 2104
Old January 31, 2004, 10:07   #34
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 18:07
Just a note btw as a player has asked me a question which has resulted in me learning something new about the game, I will be asking for the turn at random times to try catch out anybody breaking rules, so stick to them please.
Playing this scenario as single player and these AI really are fun
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Lazerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2004, 10:14   #35
Mart
Emperor

i hope we stand a chance of survival
map looks great! but there is smth strange about it, i won't say it now,because some players might find it by themselves soon. i'm positively surprised....
Old January 31, 2004, 11:36   #36
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 20:07
T_Ras, Ull get your turn Sunday evening, sorry 4 delay!
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
binTravkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2004, 15:31   #37
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Turn over to T_Ras!
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old February 1, 2004, 18:11   #38
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 18:07
the fact that cover map doesn't actually totally cover map in places ? lol yeah i know thats rather weird
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Lazerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2004, 19:32   #39
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

turn moved on!
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
t_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2004, 19:35   #40
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

and i'm not afraid of the AI's (just don't tell them i said so....: )
Old February 2, 2004, 16:15   #41
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn sent. What scares me is the hint from the status screen. We know Santiago has more guns, no duh. Just HOW MANY people does Miriam have? (I want to state one of the posters on OT must have emigrated with her for there to be such a high pop, but I don't know if that's bad etiquette. )
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old February 2, 2004, 17:10   #42
binTravkin
Emperor

Hi there
U guys oughta see how "nice" this page looks in Linux Mandrake's 9.0 Konqueror!

Damn,I had to reload it 3 times to get link to 2nd page of thread!
And Mozilla included in my Linux pack is simply awful -> it doesnt show this link at all!
U ask: "What did happen with Ur brain when U came to decision to install that Lin(s)ux?"
Better ask:"What did happen to Ur PC?"
My Win asked me 4 an activation key & I thought "let it be,when it'll expire, I'll install new XP"
For now seems that its kinda of "Mission Impossible"
F***in Microsoft!
Well,now I have to learn this damned OS called Linux
Maybe next week Ill get a brand new XP installation,but till then I have to find out howto play SMAC on Linux
Is that possible?
Old February 2, 2004, 17:12   #43
binTravkin
Emperor

Oh,a "post quick reply" window suddenly came up!
More & more surprises!
Old February 2, 2004, 17:15   #44
Mart
Emperor

Sorry, that was only 5 minutes ago - i thought your message is for longer............
----------------------------------------
Shawn, did you sent 2104? i do not have it yet, only 2103
Old February 2, 2004, 17:23   #45
binTravkin
Emperor

Quote:
Sorry, that was only 5 minutes ago - i thought your message is for longer............
What do U mean?
Old February 2, 2004, 17:33   #46
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

thers no SMAC for linux as far as i know (only win and mac)
is it so hard for you to get some windows (any)?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 2, 2004, 17:36   #47
Mart
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by binTravkin

What do U mean?
just about message from Shawn - waiting for the turn.....
Old February 2, 2004, 17:40   #48
binTravkin
Emperor

Nope,not so hard,ill try to install win tomorrow (over Linux or try to get some WinCD)
Dont worry,its not a major prob 4 me,just got pissed off bout how Gates extands his monopoly
It is he who must be called "filthy money grubber" not poor CEO Morgan
Old February 2, 2004, 23:19   #49
Mart
Emperor

Shawn, you wrote turn sent. If that was 2104 - i haven't got it still. If you can resend it
Old February 3, 2004, 03:10   #50
Mart
Emperor

Happy New Mission Year 2105 !!!

Gaians....
Old February 3, 2004, 03:24   #51
binTravkin
Emperor

I hope Ill get that Xp running soon!
Old February 4, 2004, 12:16   #52
binTravkin
Emperor

Im up and running now,but got to clear my Hotmail account because it was 76% full and became completely unusable!

Im waitin for mart7x5 to resend my turn

Also -> can anyone suggest a good mail server?
Hotmail makes me MAD!
Old February 4, 2004, 14:42   #53
Mart
Emperor

turn resent 2105 to Gaians
Old February 4, 2004, 16:38   #54
binTravkin
Emperor

Onto Hive!

-----------------------------------------------
Today, we are proud to announce that our exploration teams have just approved the newest map data. Brothers and sisters, my dear Gaians..
We.. have found unquestionable evidence of alien civilization on Chiron!
Is it a dead or alive civilization - we do not know, but that knowledge will definitely come to us as the time passes..
Those strange monuments and huge holes in the ground are something humanity has never seen before..
They certainly posess technology for us to study!
Let us take this new knowledge and put it to work!

--"Speeches at the Gaian Council"
--Lord Ivan bin Travkin
--Datalinks

Last edited by binTravkin; February 4, 2004 at 18:00.
Old February 5, 2004, 02:09   #55
Mr. Harley
Prince

If they are close enough you've already found them.

"Go jump in a borehole."
Old February 5, 2004, 05:07   #56
binTravkin
Emperor

Im leaving for weekend now,so will be able to play next turn at monday
Hope it doesnt upset anyone too much
Old February 5, 2004, 10:57   #57
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

turn moved on!
the rebolutionists are spreading through panet!
soon you have to face them!
Old February 6, 2004, 05:11   #58
Mr. Harley
Prince

turn forwarded. I've seen some odd textures in certain areas I haven't explored yet. Never seen anything like that before, almost like farms on arid or moist terrain, hard to tell with the squares darkened. Is that what everyone is talking about?
Old February 6, 2004, 05:51   #59
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

i found nothing special yet, though i haven't really check for anything either.
it doesnt metter- the blue banner will rise over planet anyway
Old February 6, 2004, 16:41   #60
Mart
Emperor

2106 to Gaians
------------------------
Mission Year 2105

It has been several years now since planetfall. Morale of the people after initial drop due to events on the ship are rising again. I am happy with the place our two Unity Escape Pods landed. We have quite abundant nutrients in the area and I decided to name the place "Evergreen Slopes".

We located also a Unity Supply Pod south from the base. However it fell into this strange plant area, which my biologists call "xenofungus". I sent a scouting team to recover it, but after several days of struggle and almost no progress they turned back. I will dispatch new team soon, but at the moment I need scouts for securing the base and the second Escape Pod, which is ordered to located some place for a new base. I am short in minerals and energy. I hope second base will solve these problems.

I lost contact with other Unity survivors, and I do not know if they all landed safely. Judgeing from current progress in exploration of the planet I think that it may take several years before I will be able to locate all those who survived and establish communication with them. United Nations command over the Mission must be restored.

'My Private Notes'
Brother Mart
U.N. Chiron Mission
-Datalinks

Last edited by mart7x5; February 6, 2004 at 18:15.