Old January 27, 2004, 15:23   #1
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 13:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Greetings! Beta here, the Minister of Foreign Affairs. I am honoured to have been chosen for this position, and to serve as your Minister of Foreign Affairs.

This will be the thread for the initial organization and discussion on matters of foreign affairs. Here is the relevant portion of the constitution:

Quote:
Minister of Foreign Affairs

One Citizen shall be appointed as Minister of Foreign Affairs.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs gives lead to diplomatic affairs with other nations. He may appoint ambassadors to assist him.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs advises on the establishment of Embassies.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs advises on Espionage affairs.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs advises on the engagements of Treaties with other nations.
So, to start with, I would like to invite interested members to step forward to take on the duties of ambassadors. Since we will have four "opponents" in the first game, I would suggest four ambassadors. If we have fewer than four ambassadors, we will determine the best way to split up the duties.

Regarding set-up, I recommend an approach not unlike the ISDG. One thread strictly for correspondence, one thread for FA discussion on each civ (ie 4 threads), and perhaps this thread for FA administrative matters (ie when we will chat, changes in roles, new ambassadors, that kind of thing.)

Regarding communications, FA will attempt to be involved to some degree in all team chats. I would also see the FA team chatting separately as needed to discuss approaches, specific correspondence, or FA admin matters. I check e-mail and PM's regularly, but can only be on chats in the evening of est (gmt-5), say from 6-11pm.

Regarding FA strategy, this will be clearly dictated by the overall game strategy. And the Early Game Strategy thread has the best discussion on this matter. In terms of style, we will be classy, forthright, and calm for the most part - unless the situation dictates something else is in order - such as a Public Announcement (er scratch that last part. )

So, if you are interested in an ambassador's position, please post. And btw - the pay is great, and the benefits even better. (company chariot, two runners to carry messages, a quill, lots of paper, and a cushioned seat in the senate. )
Old January 27, 2004, 15:56   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

What about the wet bar?

And the cute interns? (Females you weirdos )

Old January 27, 2004, 16:48   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 11:09
Do we know who the other teams in our first game are yet?
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2004, 18:05   #4
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
What about the wet bar?
shhhh...

And Ghengis - no I don't think we know this yet. But you may be onto something in that we may want to see who the other teams are before we assign ambassadors. But we can still see who is interested.

Do I take it you are stepping forward?
Old January 27, 2004, 20:24   #5
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 10:09
I'll step up to ambassador! It'd be great if I could corrispond w/ CFC, if they're in our game. I frequent some of the SPDG over there..
and then refusing to decide
Vander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2004, 20:28   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta

Do I take it you are stepping forward?
Yes, noble Mr. Bossman, Sir.
Old January 27, 2004, 21:43   #7
Beta
lifer
Deity

Ghengis and Vander. Great! We have a foreign affairs office. Now, what does everyone drink?

(And don't let the consuls know about the beer fridge. Then they will want to know where we got our hands on electricity...)
Old January 27, 2004, 21:46   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Could you at least post which civ you want to be in the Main Democracy forum?
Old January 27, 2004, 23:33   #9
Beta
lifer
Deity

I'll post it here - Greece.
Old January 27, 2004, 23:42   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Hmmm I don't remember Greece being in the Age of Discovery scenario.
Old January 28, 2004, 01:15   #11
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Excuse me for missing the joke, but why would that matter?
Old January 28, 2004, 10:02   #12
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Excuse me for missing the joke, but why would that matter?
I'm trying to organize an Age of Discovery DemoGame and Beta said he was interested by email. But then he won't say which country he wants to play. So when I pushed him he said Greece, which of course he knows isn't in the scenario.
Old January 28, 2004, 21:30   #13
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Quote:
Ghengis and Vander. Great! We have a foreign affairs office. Now, what does everyone drink?

(And don't let the consuls know about the beer fridge. Then they will want to know where we got our hands on electricity...)
Well, I'll drink beer. But if you have Jägermeister....
Old January 29, 2004, 18:00   #14
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

So.............. anymore info on who are competition is?
Old January 29, 2004, 18:40   #15
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

It could be a while before that happens. They're not even done with the exploit list yet.
Old January 29, 2004, 23:11   #16
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I'm trying to organize an Age of Discovery DemoGame and Beta said he was interested by email. But then he won't say which country he wants to play. So when I pushed him he said Greece, which of course he knows isn't in the scenario.
I thought you were pushing me on what my civ vote was for this game. I was staying on topic.

I will now check the other forum.

Vander - I will see what I can do...

(The FAM roots around in the back of the beer fridge...)
Old February 4, 2004, 22:35   #17
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Can I be Ambassador to CDG? I was on their team in the other ISDG.
Old March 7, 2004, 09:12   #18
Beta
lifer
Deity

Beta stirs from his slumber on the arm chair in the corner of the FA office.

What's this I hear. The game is starting. Quick lads - grab and beer and get to the senate. The game is about to start and the Foreign Affairs office will be ready.

On his way to the door, Beta trips over Ghengis who was passed out on the floor. He spills his beer.

Damn!
Old March 7, 2004, 23:08   #19
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 09:09
Put me up for some fammage action!

My credentials:

Nothing!

(Well, perhaps a few things. Most notably, ambassador to GCA/CFC in ISDG, and some work for RP in the PTWDG. And... every now and then some work in the MZO-DG.) And I love everyone.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
WhiteBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2004, 08:09   #20
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteBandit
And I love everyone.
You qualify. Welcome.

Beer?
Old March 8, 2004, 23:39   #21
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:09
I can act as an ambassador if you would like, but I may be a bit busy with commitments to other games. I'd actually prefer that we get some new blood into the the FAM jobs.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 08:04   #22
Beta
lifer
Deity

Thanks Arne, but we are probably OK. We have three ambassadors and myself. And only four opponents in the first game.
Old March 9, 2004, 08:13   #23
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:09
Quote:
Thanks Arne, but we are probably OK. We have three ambassadors and myself. And only four opponents in the first game.
Awesome!
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 16:59   #24
Vander
Prince

*Shuffles from under pile of bottles*

...Arnelos? Glory to the, uh, Vuman Mive or something...

*Reinserts self under bottles*
Old March 9, 2004, 18:57   #25
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Vander
*Shuffles from under pile of bottles*

*Reinserts self under bottles*
Practice makes perfect.
Old March 9, 2004, 22:29   #26
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 19:09
Quote:
Originally posted by Vander
Well, I'll drink beer. But if you have Jägermeister....
Only if it is ice and ice cold...

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Aidun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2004, 00:16   #27
Beta
lifer
Deity

As Anthea strides across the country-side - over hill and over dale - it becomes increasingly likely that we will soon encounter neighbours. Therefore, the FA team thought it would be prudent to start practicing. We have come up with a few prepared statements which might help in selected situations.

If they approach our borders:

Quote:
Spammy - is that hobo near Apolyton!
or
Quote:
Commander, if your troops continue to be confused by concepts such as borders and territories, I may take it upon myself to set them straight personally!
In response to trade offers:

Quote:
This is completely unfair, and Apolyton will have nothing to do with it.
or
Quote:
Shulgi, double or triple the value of your offer and perhaps you'll walk out of here alive!
Which will then likely leave me in the position of approaching our leaders with:

Quote:
Consuls, the Ladderites have refused to acknolwdge our envoy.

OK lads - back to the drinking ..er.. I mean writing tables.

(On a more serious note - when we do make contact - we will establish the appropriate FA thread for that civ, and assign an ambassador)
Old March 21, 2004, 10:02   #28
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

What? Did somebody say something?
Old March 21, 2004, 10:35   #29
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 19:09

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Aidun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21, 2004, 22:48   #30
Vander
Prince

Cool Beans.