Old January 28, 2004, 05:45   #1
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Moody Turtle
Moody Turtle Scenario
Code:
Gaia's Stepsons	     Mart7x5	xxmarcin777@hotmail.com
Human Hive	     Walek	xxalewalek@wp.pl 
University of Planet AI
Morgan Industries    BinTravkin	xxIvanTravkin@hotmail.com
Spartan Federation   AI
The Lord's Believers AI
Peacekeeping Forces  AI
---------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I have created a scenario, and its main purpose is to test new industry, growth and research multipliers and rate. I set it to:

6, ; Nutrient cost multiplier
6, ; Minerals cost multiplier
200, ; Technology discovery rate as a percentage of standard

Also some other changes:

6, ; Retool exemption (first X minerals not affected by penalty)
10, ; Minimum # of turns between councils
5, ; Minerals for harvesting forest
15, ; Turns to corner Global Energy Market

Frontier, None, -POLICE, -EFFIC
Police State, DocLoy, ++POLICE, ++SUPPORT, --EFFIC
Democratic, EthCalc, ++EFFIC, ++GROWTH, --SUPPORT
Fundamentalist, Brain, ++MORALE, ++PROBE, --RESEARCH
Rationed, None, -ECONOMY, -INDUSTRY
Free Market, IndEcon, ++ECONOMY, ---PLANET, --POLICE
Planned, PlaNets, ++GROWTH, ++INDUSTRY,--EFFIC
Green, CentEmp, ++PLANET, ++EFFIC, -GROWTH
Survival, None, -MORALE, -PROBE
Power, MilAlg, ++MORALE, ++SUPPORT, -INDUSTRY
Knowledge, Cyber, ++RESEARCH,+EFFIC, --PROBE
Wealth, IndAuto, ++INDUSTRY,+ECONOMY, --MORALE
None, None, -PLANET
Cybernetic, DigSent, ++EFFIC, ++PLANET, ++RESEARCH, ---POLICE
Eudaimonic, Eudaim, ++GROWTH, ++ECONOMY, ++INDUSTRY, ---MORALE
Thought Control, WillPow, ++POLICE, ++MORALE, ++PROBE, ---SUPPORT

This multiplier change causes that the following industry and growth row lengths can be obtained:
Code:
soc--present -- (standard when row was 10)
-3    8  (13)
-2    8  (12)
-1    7  (11)
0     6  (10)
+1    6  (9)
+2    5  (8)
+3    5  (7)
+4    4  (6)
+5    3  (5)
Thus socio settings in Industry and Growth needed to be adjusted in order to accomodate new raw lengths, i just wanted to avoid wherever possible "empty" changes, as there are now three cases where we have the same row length: 5 5 6 6 8 8
There is one change to HIVE faction, as they now have +2 Industry, and Growth remains at +1. Spartans have still -1 Industry. I found out that when row length is calculated it is always rounded up, so:
-1 (+10%) 6.6 is 7
-2 (+20%) 7.2 is 8
Spartan Industry thus gets penalty in industry even if there is -1 only (from 6 to 7).
Hive gets +2 Industry, as +1 would not have actual effect too often. I also put +2 Industry in all social settings. I left +1 Growth, so the bonus for Hive is not too large.

The scenario and alpha.txt files are attached.
I would like to play it with possible 6 other players or some AI if there is less than six persons. We know the map and we know starting locations, but from there, everyone goes its own way.

Starting units:
3 colony pods
5 scouts
1 unity rover

Spartans:
3 colony pods
3 scouts
3 unity rovers

I am wondering if increasing industry, growth and research rates will allow to have faster game on pbem and still quality of the game will be sufficient. Factions may not be optimized for that new setting, but treat it as an experiment, a chalange. It is SMAC original scenario. Anyone interested?
Attached Files:
File Type: zip fastscen01.zip (51.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Mart; February 11, 2004 at 03:20.
Old January 30, 2004, 06:27   #2
Walek
Prince

Local Time: 18:11
I am interested my email is alewalek@wp.pl
Old January 30, 2004, 09:21   #3
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 20:11
Im interested too!
U already know me..

Cant dwnload your file - shows me a blank page with some advertisements & no "download" link

I only wonder, why did u gave "Survival" -MORALE
& "Future Society:None" -PLANET

1. - remember that Spartans r "survivalists", they have ++MORALE
Men,living only 4 survival r extremely hard to hit!

2. - GAIANS r toast without ++PLANET then, because that "-" gives them "0 PLANET" & they r GAIANS no more!

If U take me in game, give me the name of CEO Travkin..

Ps - I must admit that Social Engineering in your scenario seems somehow militarised because of bonuses 4 Power,Fundamentalist & Planned..
But thats ok,lets just try it!
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old January 30, 2004, 09:33   #4
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

BinTravkin, is it that you take Morganites then?
Walek, which faction you choose?
Old January 30, 2004, 09:36   #5
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

..also -POLICE does no good to GAIANS -> they got "--POLICE" then and no police units allowed..

Do not take it as your scenario doesnt look good 4 me, I just sighted some imperfections & pointed to them
Ill play original also (as i have morgans..)!
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old January 30, 2004, 09:38   #6
binTravkin
Emperor

I wrote "" and ")", but this script seems is not a step-by-step one - it first compiles end & then doesnt understand the beginning anymore!
Old January 30, 2004, 09:45   #7
Mart
Emperor

this settings are supposed to make all simple and basic choices very, very unatractive, so even fundamentalism may be attractive for someone, where otherwise the faction would stay on simple choice until democracy is researched. that adds to playability, and in general has impact only in the first turns.
I did the changes after they were recommended in AC Creation forum.
Gaians are Gaians only when really have "Green" economy - just Planet +1 then, and more when first future society is found
Old January 30, 2004, 09:59   #8
binTravkin
Emperor

Roger!

But Id never take GAIANS on such conditions!

About those HIVE settings (the player needs to change the file)-> dont give HIVE to suspicious people!
Old January 30, 2004, 10:42   #9
Mart
Emperor

the hive file should be also included in the scenario and i will post it, or maybe better i will email the zipped scenario with all needed files when we begin to play. Hive has only this one small change in fact.
Do not change your hive.txt in main directory - it screws up the whole SMAC.......
Old January 30, 2004, 10:48   #10
Mart
Emperor

the hive file should be also included in the scenario and i will post it, or maybe better i will email the zipped scenario with all needed files when we begin to play. Hive has only this one small change in fact.
Do not change your hive.txt in main directory - it screws up the whole SMAC.......
Old January 30, 2004, 11:07   #11
Walek
Prince

I take Hive
Old February 2, 2004, 03:34   #12
Mart
Emperor

I took Gaians then to test their abilities in this scenario.
Turn sent to the Hive.
Everyone sets his own password - keep them in safe place so that you do not forget it! First turn of the mission is 2101
Good luck!
Old February 2, 2004, 04:35   #13
Walek
Prince

2101 to BT - Morgan
Old February 2, 2004, 05:28   #14
binTravkin
Emperor

Reloaded once (forgot to copy alpha.txt & hive.txt)
Turn on to mart7x5
Old February 2, 2004, 07:28   #15
Mart
Emperor

Turn to Hive,
and about rules - we use tournament rules, and about stockpile energy in queue after the unit, what do you think about it?
the link to tournament rules:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=14379
Old February 2, 2004, 07:30   #16
binTravkin
Emperor

Tell me more about this stockpile bug!
Which units does it really affect?
Old February 2, 2004, 07:34   #17
Mart
Emperor

i think it does not affect units - just you get additional energy that turn the unit is built - this is what i have heard
Old February 2, 2004, 08:44   #18
binTravkin
Emperor

I meant,this energy comes out from nowhere or from minerals left over from production?
Old February 2, 2004, 08:53   #19
Walek
Prince

2102 to BT
This energy comes from all production in city, thats why this is bug, and doing it is cheating.
Old February 2, 2004, 09:01   #20
binTravkin
Emperor

Ok,then better dont use it
Old February 2, 2004, 09:24   #21
binTravkin
Emperor

Turn on to gaians
Old February 2, 2004, 11:52   #22
binTravkin
Emperor

Reloaded twice:
1st:forgot to copy (hard to remember when ure eager to play)
2nd:after copyin,AC bugged a bit so I had to renew the file from archive

Turn on to GAIANS
This time 4 reel!
Old February 2, 2004, 17:12   #23
Mart
Emperor

So the rule stands:
- we do not put stockpile energy after the military unit

turn to Hive 2103
Old February 2, 2004, 17:18   #24
binTravkin
Emperor

cheat
Does it (spare) energy appears only if military unit is built?
Old February 2, 2004, 17:37   #25
Mart
Emperor

i'm not sure, but probably yes
Old February 2, 2004, 18:27   #26
binTravkin
Emperor

My information shows other - I played a humble beginning in SMAC and in usual manner when having >50 extra credits, every colony pods spare resources (when a base is built) were taken into construction of RecTanks, and only then it was the time for garrison unit to be built
I put Stockpile after a hurried rectanks (to end in 0 turns) and it gave me some energy and also left minerals from the previous turn for next build order - so I got energy and 3 mins for scout with which to start..
I ll probably do more research in this bug when my WinXP is back
Old February 2, 2004, 18:39   #27
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 11:11
I believe that you get the energy always after a FACILITY build UNLESS you put something OTHER than stockpile in the build queue. ( ie empty queues is the same as putting stockpile -- after a FACILITY build) No set of PBEM rules I have seen have required people to put another facility in the queue. Even the people that are against activelexploiting the stockpile bug ( placing stockpile after a unit) seem willing to live with it when it "just happens" after a facility build. I know that I don't like to be forced to use the queue in bases where I don't have a decided build order.
Old February 2, 2004, 20:10   #28
Walek
Prince

Who is Fluber ??

2103 to BT
Old February 3, 2004, 01:50   #29
binTravkin
Emperor

Ok,and what about all those colony pods,scouts & probes?

My turn will delay abit - I must find WinXP CD
Now running on Linux
Old February 4, 2004, 17:04   #30
binTravkin
Emperor

Ok,passed on to mart7x5!