Old February 3, 2004, 15:35   #181
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 19:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor
If you are interested I can give you a couple of CyberGorillas as bodyguards.
No, not really, I think a pirate body guard is more my style. To observe all that ferocious activity when an attempt on my functioning is made
Old February 3, 2004, 16:41   #182
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

he'll wake up soon, in a few moments the fluid we'll begin burning some parts inside him and he'll come burning back to life...
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 3, 2004, 16:55   #183
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras
he'll wake up soon, in a few moments the fluid we'll begin burning some parts inside him and he'll come burning back to life...
oh well

I must go before CyberGorillas start feeding on other Hiverians.

/me leaves CDA
Old February 3, 2004, 18:16   #184
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:13
/me reincarnates as himself - much to his surprise *

Skanky, is that a bottle of the best bourbon you could find sitting in front of me?

/me drinks it all, watching the look of horror on Skanky's face, before collapsing again *

Piyo! Piyo!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 3, 2004, 20:26   #185
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

/me just receives splendid news on his secure comlink and starts beaming smiles

Drogue, a tour for the house, I just heard that CyCon has as many members as Hive. That need's to be celebrated.

/me sticks out his hand in which Drogue VERY shortly undoubtedly will put a surprise drink
Old February 3, 2004, 23:47   #186
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:13
Local Date: November 3, 2010
* cries *

My poor, poor bourbon.
/me presses the "refresh" button on the synth machine and another full bottle appears.
Oh well, this one will do I guess. Its only 125 proof though.
Old February 4, 2004, 00:46   #187
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:13
* As Octavian takes a sip of his drink while fighting off a gorilla, he wonders about the sanity of the people here... *
Old February 4, 2004, 04:34   #188
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Sanity isn't a requirement to drink here.
Old February 4, 2004, 05:17   #189
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

ho no, we're all sane here, the problem is the people outside
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 4, 2004, 06:32   #190
Skanky Burns

Nothing that alcohol couldn't fix.
Old February 4, 2004, 07:59   #191
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

/me revives briefly *

Alcohol can fix anything.

/me falls down again, knocking the bourbon out of Skanky's hand and accidentally drinking it all *

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 08:42   #192
Skanky Burns

Good thing my bottle is safely in my coat, and all you managed to drink this time was my mostly-empty cup of bourbon that had backwash in it.

/me makes two more drinks, then attempts to drink both at the same time.
Old February 4, 2004, 12:28   #193
Jamski
Deity

Mmmm, backwash.

Well, if its 120 proof, then all your germs should be dead

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 13:19   #194
Skanky Burns

Not my ethanol-powered cybernetic germs!
Fortunately you aren't drunk enough for them to invade you.
Old February 4, 2004, 13:29   #195
Jamski
Deity

"Nonsense!" spluttered Jamski, "I'm drunk enough to DIE!"
The other customers in the bar watched in amazement as Jamski smashed a bottle over his head.
"See!" bellowed Jamski, "I can do it!"
Noone moved. As if asleep, Jamski pulled a six inch glass splinter from his head and held it against his throat. He blinked.
"If I wanted to, that is," he whispered to himself, and dropped the splinter from his nerveless fingers before softly crumpling back to the floor.
The jukebox kept playing.

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 13:46   #196
Skanky Burns

Old February 4, 2004, 14:06   #197
Jamski
Deity

But you have to say what I'm paroding then its your turn.

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 15:04   #198
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

my mamy told me it is not good to play with glasses "you might get cut" she said, but then again, she was talking about me, so maybe you won't....
Old February 4, 2004, 17:34   #199
Jamski
Deity

No guesses yet?

Oh well.

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 23:35   #200
GeoModder
Deity

I think it's quite obvious who's gonna be the alcoholics of the floor

/me looks over Jamski and Skanky (in alphabetic order)
Old February 5, 2004, 01:50   #201
Skanky Burns

/me has no idea Jam.
Old February 5, 2004, 02:46   #202
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:13
Well, you should. We pay you to have ideas, don't we?
Old February 5, 2004, 03:09   #203
Skanky Burns

I get paid?
Old February 5, 2004, 03:16   #204
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
I get paid?
Yes, with tasty bourbon
Old February 5, 2004, 04:14   #205
Jamski
Deity

Do I get paid too?

And how do you look at people in alphabetical order?

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 04:49   #206
Skanky Burns

He adds names to his "look queue" and then runs those names through a sorting function. Only after these steps does he actually start the process of looking at people.

Hooray, tasty bourbon!
Old February 5, 2004, 05:09   #207
Jamski
Deity

I started reading and thought "Hey, I don't have a look queue" then I realised it wasn't a 'poly feature I didn't know about. :stupid:

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 06:32   #208
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Do I get paid too?

And how do you look at people in alphabetical order?

-Jam
Alphanumerically
Old February 5, 2004, 07:52   #209
Skanky Burns

Jam.
CyCon feature, not Poly.
Old February 5, 2004, 07:54   #210
Jamski
Deity

"What happens if I take a CyCon's batteries out?" wondered Jamski. There was only one way to be sure. He very carefully took Geomodder's batteries out.
"Let's see what happens," he said to himself, and sat back to wait.
It was a good job that he was a pretty patient man...

-Jam