Old January 28, 2004, 22:50   #1
Starfarer
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Location: The endless oceans of Darkness that surround us all...
Of Ships And Human Waves
Does anyone have ANY freakin' clue what the heck the Unity Wreckage does? I've never managed to attain it, I don't know if it gives an Interlude, I don't know if it gives me bonuses, and I'd love to be able to salvage the fusion core without giving everyone else the cash, but I don't think the game'd let me. Darn those pesky other factions, getting in my way of complete domination.

Ahem.

In any case, I'd like to know if anyone else noticed the computer's tendency to attack with mass wave attacks, no matter how little would be required?

I'm thinking this is an easily exploitable weakness... except that it never seems to stop the computer from building everything else, too.

I've never understood how the computer, who has a base with less mineral production, fifteen units being supported, and no real energy to speak of is fully capable of beating me to a Secret Project.

I've also noticed that no matter what, if you're one turn away from a Secret Project, the computer will never get it before you, and that also, no matter what, if you rush a defensive unit to ) TUrns Left, the computer will NOT attack you that turn. Anyone else noticed these?

And can anyone explain them as anything except "Let's make the game easier" issues?
Old January 28, 2004, 23:17   #2
anarchie
Chieftain

The unity wreckage includes several strange-looking pods, which give you a 2-1-1 infantry, <1>-1-8 scout chopper, and the locations of the factions' home bases. There might have been one more pod added in SMACX. The wreckage area is also dry and at moderately high elevation, so it's suitable for an energy park.

I haven't noticed the AI holding off for your rushed garrison, but I know the natives certainly don't wait.
Old January 28, 2004, 23:29   #3
Starfarer
Chieftain

Location: The endless oceans of Darkness that surround us all...
They do for me, and I don't know why.

Not that I'm complaining.

And thanks for the answer.
Old January 29, 2004, 02:46   #4
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
Get the Empath Guild, and use it to study what the AI does. Among other things, you will note that on higher difficulty levels the AI will have fewer columns to fill on both food and production than SE settings would indicate; you will also find that, when an empty AI base builds anything, it will conjure minerals out of nowhere.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old January 29, 2004, 21:30   #5
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:14
One thing I noticed on regarding another landmark, the Manifold Nexus, was never build a sensor on top of it.

If you do, it destroys the +1 Planet modification.

Removing the sensor does not restore the Nexus effect.

Mead