Old January 29, 2004, 15:51   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 11:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Turn 2155
Buster's finish the turn.

Quote:
Probing went well - got neural, sothb & the uni map which interestingly enough includes the cycon mainland. They must be co-operating closely - which recent tech exchanges also indicate.

Env. econ, DAP & neural sent pre-accepted

Maps attached

One last thing - as the SP discussion was never taken to a clear agreement, I just want to ensure it is agreed that if you on this turn do Cloudbase then we will get first right to cyborg factory, PEG, ascetic virtues & HSA provided we manage to avoid getting into a situation where we may loose one as one of the others get in a position to grab it.
My reply:
Quote:
Thanks buster! Exactly like I thought.

Since Enigma has quit I guess it is very likely I will be playing this turn. The SP agreement I think is exactly like you said. I will stick to it. Still like to hear your opinion regarding PEACE.

Looks to me that the Drone's has so far proved their loyalty to the perm pact. Whereas the CCs as I suspected has been trying to fool us. Enigma has also informed me some time ago that laurentis of the CC said that he had infiltrated everybody but the Drones and that they do not view the Hive as a big threat any more. I believe everybody of the Hive should really set our for and against clear now.

I will try to see if I can find dacole. And if nobody objects I will try play this turn. I will also post the save before end turn here. Please let me know if there are anything I need to be careful. Also I would like to know if anybody else would like to play.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 15:54   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I may not have enough time to collect infiltration data if I were to play the turn. Would somebody help me to prepare the Covert Operations Report? I think it would be helpful to analyze CC's situation.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 16:24   #3
Snowflake
Princess

Been thinking about the turn a little. IIRC the peace has offered us Doc: Init preaccepted. I think I will first accept the three techs Drones give us and finish MMI. What do we want to reseach the next? I have not checked if we could do Bio-engineering? Or do we want to do something else? Do we want to accept Init after I finish MMI?

Production wise I hope Enigma has prepared the crawlers to finish the Cloud Academy. I plan to build a prototype copter and a drop unit. Other bases I'm thinking we should build crawlers mainly since we are losing quite some crawlers for the SP building and will take a hit on our production. Perhaps the next turn or two we would need to switch to military production? Or are we there yet? I am really bad at wars. I really hope somebody could pick this up. We need to discuss some war strategies guys. Isn't this the moment you are waiting for? To kick some asses?

Longtermly I think we should beeline to The Cloning Vats to get perm pop booming. Any thought on that?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 17:09   #4
Snowflake
Princess

Who has downloaded the turn? I haven't, tass haven't, googlie was not on. Just want to make sure the CCs do not have our password as well.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 17:31   #5
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 10:16
I haven't touched it.
Isn't (wasn't) Vev the military commander? See if he can give advice the war.
and then refusing to decide
Old January 29, 2004, 17:55   #6
Snowflake
Princess

On topic of research again. Should we do Int Integrity to get police units? Or do we want Bio-engineering to get clean units and Long Vaccine (two less drones).

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 18:05   #7
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:16
Hong, sweetie, I need you to e-mail it to me again. I can't download form 'poly anymore I don't want to comment unless I can see the turn.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 29, 2004, 18:29   #8
Snowflake
Princess

So that one download, is it you? I've been worrying somebody else might have gotten hold of our password.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 18:40   #9
Snowflake
Princess

Oh and email address again please. You seem to have several email addresses in the past. I'm confused which is the right one to use being the dumbest girl I am.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 30, 2004, 07:19   #10
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:16
Use the "special one" that only you know about

Ah - you did

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 30, 2004, 12:00   #11
Snowflake
Princess

You didn't answer my question about the download Jamski. Or does that belong to "things better left unsaid" too?

What things are better left unsaid? Why are things better left unsaid?

On a second thought, this maybe exactly what I really really need to learn. I've always talked too much I think.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 30, 2004, 12:08   #12
Snowflake
Princess

Ok anyway, I have started the turn yesterday but didn't have time to go very far.

Buster offered DAP, Env eco, and Neural grafting so we finished MMI and now is researching II.

Enigma did a good job preparing for the SP and we now have cloudbase academy. I'm aiming to assemble a military force in the next two to three turns. Buster will provide us a missle plane next turn. We need to work out a plan coordinating with the Drones to take out the uni. We also need to negotiate with the Drones about how should the territory be sliced between us.

Drones seems to have accepted our gesture of protecting the PEACE. I'm still not sure if we should accept the PEACE's offering of Doc Init.

I see people are around here. I would like to hear more discussions. Please, people.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 30, 2004, 17:31   #13
Snowflake
Princess

Well I'll wait for another one and half hour then I'll have to do the turn. I'll finish it tonight and post it here for more comment. We need to send it out tomorrow I think.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 30, 2004, 19:04   #14
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:16
shoot, it looks like my post didn't get through. Well...going back to your initial posts, if possible I think we should go for Bio-Eng for the "clean machines". I hope we can hold off until we get them because a massive, prolonged military campaign might be detrimental to us in the long run.

Second thought, are the Drone's asking for first dibs on ALL of those SP's, or just the first one they are able to get? That seems pretty steep to me.....

Lastly, what do we have to provide for the PEACE's Doc. Ini? If it is gratis, then we should take it. I don't remember what was said about that.....sorry.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old January 30, 2004, 19:05   #15
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 10:16
Quick question: What does the cloudbas Academy do? (I'm not privvy to the SMAX Secret Projects...)
and then refusing to decide
Old January 30, 2004, 19:11   #16
Snowflake
Princess

Hey I finally found some companions to talk! Thank you comrades!

Cloudbase Academy is supposed to be the most powerful thing in SMAX. It gives you aerospace complexes in every bases.

Franky I'm already researching Int Integrity, sorry. But it'll be finished in 3 turns. The only thing I'm not sure about accepting Doc Init is not sure how much will it affect our research cost if it is not on our reseach beeline.

The Uni campain is not expected to be a prolonged one since their defense is pretty elementary. We will perhaps be able to get clean units before we attack CCs though.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 30, 2004, 19:20   #17
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

ah, i see.

My concern is that since the CyCon and Uni are all buddy-buddy (as stated in a previous post), they CC might give the Uni some extra units to bolster the defenses there......which will bog us down into a protracted fight. The CC might very well be sitting on an invasion force because of their newly "acquired" bases. I'm hoping that we don't get stuck in a quagmire with the Uni's while the CC sneaks up behind us.

I think either the Drone's or ourselves should lead the attack on the Uni, and the other faction supplement....that way, the supplemental faction can defend the other just in case the CyCon get stupid, but also provide additional units for the Uni campaign.....basically a "I got you covered" tactic.
Old January 30, 2004, 19:29   #18
Frankychan
King

Ooooop! Two more thoughts.

1) If we can get the PEACE to join in the CyCon vendetta, that would help. Even if it's just a couple of units.....offer them a few conquered CyCon bases in return for their help.

2) Can I get some screenshots please?
Old January 30, 2004, 19:57   #19
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Vander
Quick question: What does the cloudbas Academy do? (I'm not privvy to the SMAX Secret Projects...)

Cloudbase almost equals victory.

Cloudbase gives you a free Aerospace Center (AC) in every base. It also gives two extra movement squares to every aviation unit.

It is awesome.

Some would consider it to be the best SP out there.

I consider it to be among the top 3 (WP, CV, and CB).

From a defensive point of view you get a free AC in every base doubling the effect of defenses against air attack. The AC, of course, makes it move difficult for enemies to drop into your empire, because they cannot drop within two spaces.

For building our military we will need to dedicate a few (2 or 3) high mineral bases to build our Air Force. In these we should build a bioenhancement center to get additional morale upgrades. It looks like we agreed to let the Drones make the Cyborg Factory.

It looks like we have agreed to let the Drones to have first dibs on the other four SPs that we discussed, unless ot looks like another faction (CyCon) will get one of them first.

I think that it is likely that the Drones will not be able to rush build all four before the CyCons so we should ensure we are prepared to get the ones the Drones can't, just in case.

Mead
Old January 30, 2004, 20:05   #20
Frankychan
King

shoot, we should build some SP's as well instead of giving them the lion's share of the projects. I would prefer it if we had the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm sitting in one of our bases instead of another faction.
Old January 30, 2004, 20:17   #21
Snowflake
Princess

Well we agreed to give them HSA and the other two or three in exchange for the CB. But I agree with Mead it would be hard for them to build all four before the CCs so we should be prepared to grab one ourselves at some point.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 30, 2004, 20:17   #22
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead

For building our military we will need to dedicate a few (2 or 3) high mineral bases to build our Air Force. In these we should build a bioenhancement center to get additional morale upgrades. It looks like we agreed to let the Drones make the Cyborg Factory.
Good advice. I'll do that.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 30, 2004, 20:30   #23
Snowflake
Princess

Somebody else do a screenshot please. I did one but it is so bad and I almost didn't know how to get out of the game course I lost the mouse.

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/HongHu/Hive2155.JPG

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 30, 2004, 20:45   #24
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:16
I think this one is good enough, comrade
I couldnīt find out yet how to cut images in Corel Draw So all I have is MS Paint, which you also used, I guess...
Old January 30, 2004, 20:47   #25
Frankychan
King

thanks a bundle.
Old January 30, 2004, 22:18   #26
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:16
So Much to Do, So Much To Do, So Much To Do
It looks like we have a window of oppurtunity over the next few turns that will soon close.

Objective - Take and Hold University

Overall Method - Chop n' Drop to Take, Probes to Hold

Required Assets - Cloudbase (we got that), Missile Equipped Choppers (we need fossil fuels or a prototype), missile equipped pentrators, best armor drop speeders, drop probes.

Specific Method
Drop and attack from Freedman's Park into Longreach and then beyond.

It will take a couple of turns to build and deploy the droppers and aviation units.

By then, Longreach should be size two, so that if we take it we will get it as a size one base.

We need the Missle Choppers to empty the Uni bases.

We need the best armor drop speeders to occupy and hold the Uni bases.

We need the Probes to hold the Uni bases, as well as take advantage of any probe opportunities that we might find in Uni-land.

The Missile Penetrators will assist us with the assault, but more importantly will allow us to make an aerial blockade to protect our units during the invasion of Uni. Right now, CyCon and Uni do not have aviation units. Even once they get aviation units, I suspect it will take them a few turns to get around to making air superiority ones. The Missile Jets will also help us with recon and security of our position.

The Needlejets will also be able to escort the Peace in, if they can make it to us.

Now, if we only had 50 bases, each with 30 mins per turn, this should be easy. We can still do it, but it will require some work.

I hope the war comes no sooner than 3 turns from now (gives us time to get ready), and if we are ready, fight well, and are lucky, over within 12 years from now.

Mead

PS

How will Peace get a CP to us (will it be a sea pod or a regular on a transport?)?

Where will we let them put it?

How will we protect them once they get here?
Old January 31, 2004, 00:28   #27
Snowflake
Princess

Thanks Comrade Mead, very well thought out and clearly explained.

The plan is that we will be attacking univ coordinating with the Drones so it won't be our solely burdon to come up with everything. 3-4 turns sounds good to me for the start of the war.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 31, 2004, 02:10   #28
Snowflake
Princess

Ok I've done the turn.

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Hon...G-Hive2155.SAV

Didn't do very well for juggling the crawlers.

We didn't have the missle prototype yet so I'm prototyping a (2,1,10) chopper. Guess we have to wait till next turn to do the missle units. Other bases other than some bases without garrison I've set up it to build one, most of the others are building stuff like crawlers and rec tank, my idea is that it will be changed to the military units the next turn since you don't lose anything if it is within 10 min. I have not rushed many units, for I think we are going to need the cash for the following turns.

Could somebody look at the turn and make adjustment on base productions and then press end turn and send it to univ? Appreciated!

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 31, 2004, 03:41   #29
Snowflake
Princess

Very Very Important!

I have forgotten to give Drones MMI preaccepted. Please whoever is going to press end turn and post it, please give Drones MMI first.

Also I have not accepted Init from PEACE. We probably want to accept it and build a cruiser in a base closest to the.

Sorry!

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 31, 2004, 05:27   #30
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:16
coudl you send me the PWD please?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)