DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Local Time: 10:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Oncle Boris

Yup, I saw this one. As disgusting as I found it to be, I was partly relieved that at least those people were defending their country against a deliberate invader.
I saw both versions: the heavily edited one on the site I mentioned in my post to Zylka...and the real version (don't remember where, don't care to remember where).

Nightmares...for weeks.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.
Old January 30, 2004, 15:31   #32
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 17:17
Quote:
Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Hmm..I'll answer this way: Do you remember that picture Boris (gay Boris, not Oncle) posted some time back of Donald Rumsfeld being bent over the White House press conference podium by a hairy man-mountain...and loving it? The heavily edited version of the video in question (colors muted, sound as well, and blurry) came from the same site. I don't recall if their logo was present or not in the lower corner of the pic (watermark).

The site in question IS NOT for children, so that's why I'm not more clear. If you know the answer, DO NOT POST IT HERE!!! Keep it to yourself.
PM site link please
Old January 30, 2004, 15:36   #33
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

That is actually really really sick. Someone delete this thread!
Old January 30, 2004, 15:40   #34
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:17
Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka
OH GEEZ CHEGITZ REALLY TURNED THE TABLES

Pity those sucide bombing orchestrators in rocket bombarded cars, especially! *ing moron
Maybe if you weern't such a flaming retard you might think about the fact that the Israelis do miss or get the wrong people from time to time, as well as continuing to fire missiles after ambulances show up, killing quite a few innocent people. Or is it just Palestinians don't count as human?
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old January 30, 2004, 15:46   #35
Zylka
King

Flaming retard? I think I'm missing a lot of unkempt hair, 430 additional pounds, and a vehement loyalty to "the underdog" before hitting that category.

THIS BOMBING DID NOT TARGET MURDEROUS LEADERS, you *ing naive asshat
Old January 30, 2004, 16:06   #36
chequita guevara
Emperor

I see. It's only wrong to murder innocents if you aren't trying to kill murderers.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old January 30, 2004, 16:07   #37
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
Maybe if you weern't such a flaming retard you might think about the fact that the Israelis do miss or get the wrong people from time to time, as well as continuing to fire missiles after ambulances show up, killing quite a few innocent people. Or is it just Palestinians don't count as human?
It's very simple:

Palestinians = targetting civilians
Israelis = not targetting civilians, but sometimes missing and hitting civilians by accident
Old January 30, 2004, 16:09   #38
chequita guevara
Emperor

If you changed it to usually not targetting non-combatants but often times getting them anyways, I'd agree with you.

Fact is, given the numbers of deaths, the Israelis are either sloppy and incompetent or simply don't care about non-combatant deaths.
Old January 30, 2004, 16:13   #39
Kuciwalker
Deity

sloppy and incompetent != morally wrong
Old January 30, 2004, 16:17   #40
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

I give up with Israel, I really do. It causes me to lose faith in politics. I dont care about the "who did whats" and the "well he started it" bull. If they dont want to live in peace with each other for various stupid reasons then that just shows that this world is being run by those with the minds of children.

Wouldn't it be nice to solve all our problems with a boxing match? Bush vs Saddam, Sharon vs Arafat, Whaleboy vs Kant...
Old January 30, 2004, 16:22   #41
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
sloppy and incompetent != morally wrong
Being sloppy does mean benig morally wrong. It means you are deliberately not taking care to minimize risk. I don't think anyone would argue that the Israeli army is incompetent. They are probably the most competent military in the world.
Old January 30, 2004, 16:27   #42
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Being sloppy does mean benig morally wrong. It means you are deliberately not taking care to minimize risk. I don't think anyone would argue that the Israeli army is incompetent. They are probably the most competent military in the world.
So now being sloppy when targetting legitimate military targets is WORSE than DELIBERATELY attacking CIVILIAN targets?

That's like saying a drunk who runs someone over is worse than someone who commits premeditated murder.
Old January 30, 2004, 16:31   #43
Zylka
King

Quote:

So now being sloppy when targetting legitimate military targets is WORSE than DELIBERATELY attacking CIVILIAN targets?
Don't even bother. He initially cited death within the car anyway - so this is the little *ing weasel's way of not letting on that "those leaders don't deserve to be targetted"
Old January 30, 2004, 16:38   #44
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Quote:
I don't recall writing worse. It depends on the context. When they hit the wrong car, that's sloppy. When they bomb an apartment building knowing that children are inside, that's first degree murder. It is just as bad as blowing up a bus. When they continue firing missiles at a car when people are trying to pull bodies out of it, that's first degree murder, and it is just as bad as blowing up a bus.
Old January 30, 2004, 16:41   #45
Zylka
King

Quote:

When they continue firing missiles at a car when people are trying to pull bodies out of it, that's first degree murder, and it is just as bad as blowing up a bus.
Sorry, no. Knowing human shieldism for those poor young men trying to pull out hamas leaders doesn't constitute comparison. You don't want to be blown the * up? You don't compromise the mission - you let Yasser's buddies burn.

but WHAT IF THE CAR HAD INNOCENTS!! OH THE POSSIBLE EXCEPTIONS FOR WEASELING
Old January 30, 2004, 16:41   #46
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Don't even bother. He initially cited death within the car anyway -
Way to ignore context.
Old January 30, 2004, 16:43   #47
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Local Time: 12:17
Well you know Che, if those men were riding in the car with the Hamas/ Islamic Jihad leadership, makes you wonder what they are up to, or why they were in their.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old January 30, 2004, 16:43   #48
Kuciwalker
Deity

Makes me wonder whether there are any connection between the Catholic Church and Hamas
Old January 30, 2004, 16:46   #49
Zylka
King

Quote:

Way to ignore context.
Right. Like the oh so horrible equative image of innocent human carrion inside of the wreckage.

You want context? Who exactly was in the car, Chegitz? Who was engulfed in flames? What exactly are mindful innocents doing trying to pull them out??
Old January 30, 2004, 16:49   #50
Zylka
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
Well you know Che, if those men were riding in the car with the Hamas/ Islamic Jihad leadership, makes you wonder what they are up to, or why they were in their.
Innocent till proven guilty! Innocent! Watch out folks, here comes more blinding minority example counters on such a situation
Old January 30, 2004, 16:49   #51
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
It's not the people in the car I give a crap about, except for when they get the wrong car. When a car blows up, the human thing to do is try and pull the people out, which is what people do. Then the next set of missiles explodes, and yuo have a group of innocents who are getting blown to pieces. Ambulances are off limits, but their presence hasn't stopped the Israelis from continuing to fire, and they've killed paramedics.

Let's put it this way. You're sitting at a cafe. A car blows up and you see people inside it. What are you going to do? If you're like most people, your instinct will be to pull them to safety, if possible.
Old January 30, 2004, 16:52   #52
Zylka
King

Quote:

When a car blows up, the human thing to do is try and pull the people out, which is what people do.
Absolute s*, and even you know it. They damn well know what kind of people are in the car that blows up - there's no "general good of humanity" rhetoric escape on that point
Old January 30, 2004, 16:52   #53
Ned
King

Local Time: 09:17
Che must be the most insensitive cretin who ever posted here.
Old January 30, 2004, 16:56   #54
Zylka
King

Quote:
Let's put it this way. You're sitting at a cafe. A car blows up and you see people inside it. What are you going to do? If you're like most people, your instinct will be to pull them to safety, if possible.
Let's put it this way, instead. Are you sitting in downtown pleasantville - or the Gaza strip? Is the atmosphere one of general peace - or where terrorist leaders are being constantly blown up in their cars by apache? Of course, situation doesn't help when hacking out false comparisons
Old January 30, 2004, 16:58   #55
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:

Absolute s*, and even you know it. They damn well know what kind of people are in the car that blows up - there's no "general good of humanity" rhetoric escape on that point
Oh really? You know exactly which cars are blown up on purpose and by accident? You can tell the difference between an Israeli hit and Palestinian hit? Wow, you're ****in' amazing.
Old January 30, 2004, 16:59   #56
Zylka
King

Quote:

Oh really? You know exactly which cars are blown up on purpose and by accident? You can tell the difference between an Israeli hit and Palestinian hit? Wow, you're ****in' amazing.
Oh goodie! The minority situation defense. Those screaming men are therefore just trying to save innocents in every guestimated instance. You're talented!
Old January 30, 2004, 17:00   #57
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 19:17
Quote:

It's very simple:

Palestinians = targetting civilians
Israelis = not targetting civilians, but sometimes missing and hitting civilians by accident
Then it does strike as a bit odd that the Palestinian casualties are double that of Israelis. (Also numbers aside, no fancy videos about that - damn Palestinians caught in the technological middle ages - but there are some truely disturbing pictures of 2 year old Palestinians meeting their maker or eternal darkness. )
Old January 30, 2004, 17:00   #58
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Che must be the most insensitive cretin who ever posted here.
Yeah, whatever. Both sides are murderous and evil. Both sides target civilians (one more than the other) or don't care when civilians are in the way. Zylka even justifies the murder of Palestinian civilians because they're trying to save someone's life. The whole purpose of this thread is to demonize a whole group of people.

I'm monkeywrenching it.
Old January 30, 2004, 17:02   #59
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
Then it does strike as a bit odd that the Palestinian casualties are double that of Israelis.
That's the most important thing to consider. If the Israelis were so innocent, Palestinian deaths would be much lower.

To be fair though, the Israelis aren't as bad as they used to be. Before the latest uprising, Israeli to Palestinian death ratios were 1 to 10 over the preceeding forty years. Now it's only 1 to 2.
Old January 30, 2004, 17:10   #60
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:17
Quote:

That's the most important thing to consider. If the Israelis were so innocent, Palestinian deaths would be much lower.

To be fair though, the Israelis aren't as bad as they used to be. Before the latest uprising, Israeli to Palestinian death ratios were 1 to 10 over the preceeding forty years. Now it's only 1 to 2.
Look on the raw numbers. It's mainly because the Pals got much "better" at killing Jews.