Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Think Reagan.

Think Bush.

Think how the Americans hate......

Jewsblacksgaysrussianscommunistseuopeansasiansnati veamericansafricans

or anyone else they consider unamerican
Whatever. No nationality has monopoly on hatred.
Old February 3, 2004, 01:03   #62
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 17:21
Quote:
Originally posted by DataAeolus

Why do you act so communist?
All good capitalists shall follow the wise words of Commander-in-Comrade Bush to corner the market of hate!

(Why let evil brownpeople have it?)
Old February 3, 2004, 01:20   #63
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

(Why let evil brownpeople have it?)

Nice to see the brownpeople comment is now in smaller font. Must mean you finally had that big poop you so desperately needed.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old February 3, 2004, 01:27   #64
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Um? It's always beenin smaller font
Old February 3, 2004, 01:28   #65
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Glad to see your regular then.

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old February 3, 2004, 02:27   #66
Ned
King

Local Time: 09:21
Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
If a guy asks you to rob his bank, does that make it any less of a criminal act?
Yes.
Old February 3, 2004, 02:34   #67
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

Think Reagan.

Think Bush.

Think how the Americans hate......

Jewsblacksgaysrussianscommunistseuopeansasiansnati veamericansafricans

or anyone else they consider unamerican
Commie T, don't you live in Amerika?
Old February 3, 2004, 02:48   #68
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DataAeolus

I would understand some Germans hating us for our brutality during WWII against them. However, they hate us for liberating them from the Nazi's, standing up to the USSR to keep them free and helping them get the East back. It was Mr. Reagan who said, "Mr. Gorbochev, Tear down that wall." But it is America they hate, not the USSR. It is Ronald Reagan they dispise, not Gorby.

And for this, I say to German people, "You can go to H."

As to France, where can we begin. Is there a more self-centered nation on earth - an prouder nation with not much to be proud about? Only twice in 1000 years have they produced true heroes that all the world knows: Joan de Arc and Napoleon. Prior to that, the only hero they had, Vercingetorix, established a French tradition by losing his nation to Caesar.

Now they have produced Chirac, mayor of Paris. His bribe taking is renown. He even betrayed one of France's oldest and most loyal allies for a few shekels from the ME.

The French!
Old February 3, 2004, 03:01   #69
Nubclear

Quote:
Commie T, don't you live in Amerika?
Yep and I have said time and time again: If I had the money to undo this mistake and move to another nation, I would.

Quote:
Mr. Reagan who said, "Mr. Gorbochev, Tear down that wall." But it is America they hate, not the USSR. It is Ronald Reagan they dispise, not Gorby.
Yep. Perhaps it is because America had done everything it could to hurt Russia in the past?
I do not credit America with bringing down the Soviet Union. In fact, all America did was bark.
The people brought down the Soviet Union for they were tired of the dictatorship.

But you may continue to delude yourself, if only to keep you sane

Quote:
Is there a more self-centered nation on earth - an prouder nation with not much to be proud about?
Oh say can you see.....It's AMERICA

Quote:
Only twice in 1000 years have they produced true heroes that all the world knows: Joan de Arc and Napoleon.
Napoleon
But do not fear, Neddy. Both France and Germany are becoming like the United States....indeed self centered, vile, nasty.....

Quote:
He even betrayed one of France's oldest and most loyal allies for a few shekels from the ME.
America?
If America can be so easily lost, then was it really a "loyal ally" at all?

Quote:
The French!
Brothers to America
Old February 3, 2004, 03:02   #70
Tripledoc
ACDG The Human Hive
Chieftain

Wasn't Vercingetorix celtic?
Old February 3, 2004, 03:22   #71
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tripledoc
Wasn't Vercingetorix celtic?
Oui
Old February 3, 2004, 03:33   #72
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Quote:
Yet it was the legal dilemma, as much as the lurid details of the case, that consumed the court.
lOLL LOll1 LOL!!!iolll

LO
Old February 3, 2004, 03:35   #73
Zylka
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
Human might be okay on bread grilled with cheese. Most things are.

Curry powder makes just about anything edible.
SOOO ALSO funNY! SO SO FUNNY!!!
Old February 3, 2004, 03:46   #74
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Nice to see someone enjoying himself.
Old February 3, 2004, 06:04   #75
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
If a guy asks you to rob his bank, does that make it any less of a criminal act?
Bad analaogy. The bank's money is not that guy's to give.

If a guy comes up to you and offers you money, and you take it, is that criminal stealing? No, because it's his money to give. Likewise, if he asks you not to take his money, but to take his life, it is his life to give.

IMHO, the guy needs rehabilitation. If someone eats another human, whether he is sane in other respects or not, he needs to be rehabilitated so that he won't eat anyone else. It's a destructive fetish, that he needs to get over. However it is probably not something he can control, and the other guy asked to be eaten, it was his fantasy too. Maybe he was bored with life, maybe he was depressed and wanted to feel that his body was going to do something good after he died, maybe he has intense S&M fantasies. Whatever reason he did it, he asked someone to kill him and they did. I think the cannibal needs to be helped, so that he doesn't feel the need to eat people, but he didn't force the other guy, and since the other guys body was his to give, I don't think it's anyone elses business. What's done between 2 consenting adults in private is their business alone, IMHO. I would rehabilitate him based on his wants, rather than his actions. It cannot be wrong to have a desire for something, because it is not their fault, but when it is destructive to society, rehabilitation to remove it seems appropriate. However his actions were with someone who consented, and so I don't agree that he should be pubnished for it, but rehabilitated for the underlying cause.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 3, 2004, 06:26   #76
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 18:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
I would understand some Germans hating us for our brutality during WWII against them.
You fought a brutal regime with admittedly brutal methods. It doesn't make you look like the noble savior in shiny armor. But it is understood and forgiven as long as the wrong is admitted.

Quote:
However, they hate us for liberating them from the Nazi's, standing up to the USSR to keep them free and helping them get the East back.
Double-bull. First, we don't hate you for this. Second, the USSR has done at least as much as you and paid a much higher bloodtoll, since directly attacked.

Quote:
It was Mr. Reagan who said, "Mr. Gorbochev, Tear down that wall." But it is America they hate, not the USSR. It is Ronald Reagan they dispise, not Gorby.
Reagan was a mad old actor. Do I despise him? Yes, somehow I do, but that's personal, not national, and it has nothing to do with his speech in front of the wall. Do I hate the current US administration? Yes again. Does this mean I hate the USA? No.

And for what would I despise Gorby? Reagan demanded to tear down the wall. Words. Gorby has greatly helped to get it done. Deeds.

Quote:
No I won't apply for a green card.

Seriously, I wouldn't say anything like this to the American people. Many Americans are my friends. But this is for you personally: Eat **** and die!

Oh and on-topic: I have penis in curry sauce for lunch. Yummy!
Old February 3, 2004, 07:46   #77
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 19:21
About conscenting, there was this case, years away now, where a young woman, obviously suffering from severe depression, asked a parking lot man to kill her. After lots of discussion he did it. He got lots of years in prison.

The correct approach would have been to (doh) direct her to a psychiatrist.

Some journalists tried to make a romantic nostalgic sweet self destruction fairy tale out of it.

However the balding head of the parking lot guy and his absolute lack of any "romeo" features kind of ruined their romantic plan. Now he's out of jail after winning parole (?) and noone gives him a job to the "sinister lover/mercyful killer".

Last edited by Bereta_Eder; February 3, 2004 at 07:51.
Old February 3, 2004, 08:09   #78
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

oh my. I bet Ned is 15 years old and a fat nerd. go play with DarkCloud.
Old February 3, 2004, 08:50   #79
Wernazuma III
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMNationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
This sounds like a Catch-22. Euthanasia is legal in Germany. However if one requests euthanasia, the person is determined by law to be legally insane and therefore incapable of giving valid consent. Therefore anybody who kills a person who requests euthanasia is at least guilty of manslaughter.
Euthanasia is not legal in Germany.
Old February 3, 2004, 09:20   #80
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 13:21
Quote:
Depends on whether or not the guy owns the bank and the money in it.

---

Quote:
What is "sane", legally? And what should it be anyway? I don't find it at least too far fetched that the same productive citizen in society can want to be eaten. Now, I do think he's a sick ****, but I think the same of a lot of other people without calling them insane.
IIRC the legal definition of sanity is "able to distinguish right from wrong".
Old February 3, 2004, 09:26   #81
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

OMFG!11

GERMANS GONE WILD!!11

http://www.rathergood.com/laibach/

- Paul Valery
Old February 3, 2004, 17:58   #82
Zylka
King

F*cking stupid
Old February 3, 2004, 18:00   #83
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
You fought a brutal regime with admittedly brutal methods. It doesn't make you look like the noble savior in shiny armor. But it is understood and forgiven as long as the wrong is admitted.

Seriously, I wouldn't say anything like this to the American people. Many Americans are my friends. But this is for you personally: Eat **** and die!
Sir Ralph: More crap from modern deluded Germans. If you have been following my posts here for some time, I am one of the very few Americans who are truly sorry for what we did during WWII and would like for us to formally apologize to Germany.

I, for my entire life, supported a free, unified Germany. I never thought it would happen. But it is clear that we Americans had a great deal to do with keeping Germany free and for causing the collapse of communism in the East.

And it is me and other Americans like me that you hate?

This is too much.
Old February 3, 2004, 18:07   #84
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Wernazuma III

Euthanasia is not legal in Germany.
I thought from your post that it was.

Also, from other posts here, I thought euthanasia was legalized in Germany in the 1930s.
Old February 3, 2004, 18:10   #85
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
for causing the collapse of communism in the East.
Yep. Clear as fog

Quote:
And it is me and other Americans like me that you hate?
Yes ned, I hate you SO MUCH

Quote:
This is too much.
Criminals...
Old February 3, 2004, 18:13   #86
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ecthelion
oh my. I bet Ned is 15 years old and a fat nerd. go play with DarkCloud.
Ecthelion, I am truly disappoint in what Germany has become.
Old February 3, 2004, 18:22   #87
Tripledoc
ACDG The Human Hive
Chieftain

In America can you revoke people's right to vote on reasons of insanity?

(please)
Old February 3, 2004, 18:31   #88
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Ned,

Quote:
I would understand some Germans hating us for our brutality during WWII against them. However, they hate us for liberating them from the Nazi's, standing up to the USSR to keep them free and helping them get the East back. It was Mr. Reagan who said, "Mr. Gorbochev, Tear down that wall." But it is America they hate, not the USSR. It is Ronald Reagan they dispise, not Gorby.

To summarize your point, the Germans in general can go to hell because some of them aren't showing enough gratitude? And hate is not too strong a word for German feelings on the U.S? I'd like to see you back up some of your claims, especially the claim that modern day Germans hate you or your country for getting rid of the Nazis. If you can prove this in some way or another, it would be truly remarkable. But if you can't, and assuming you're actually serious about this, I'd say you're the one showing a hateful approach.
Old February 3, 2004, 19:08   #89
Ned
King

Monk, We did a lot for the German people since 1945. Think of the Marshall Plan. Think of our maintaining a large army there for 50 years to hold off the Bear. Think of our global resistance to communism that gave Germany back its Eastern territories.

We asked for nothing in return until we were attacked on 9/11. We then asked for Germany's support. What did we get? We got a German election campaign based on anti-Americanism. Our president was bashed, not by the lunatic fringe of Germany, but by the German government itself!!!!!!! Then, when push came to shove at the UN, Germany is the leader (with France) of the opposition to the US.

Such actions are not worthy of an ally, a friend or a country that owes us so much.

There is a saying, is there not, that no good deed goes unpunished. Well Germany has shown the truth of that statement -- in spades.
Old February 3, 2004, 19:16   #90
Nubclear

Quote:
We then asked for Germany's support. What did we get? We got a German election campaign based on anti-Americanism.
Actually Ned, NATO gave America its' support. Guess who rebuffed them? That's right....The United States.

I'm glad though....It was one of many events which would eventually give tide to a huge wave of anti-americanism around the world