Old February 2, 2004, 21:02   #31
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
Agreed. What if we plan a "rolling defense"?

For instance, we can allocate PEACE to defend our shores from transports as a primary job, but still have a navy for additional protection. Whereas the Drones and ourselves would provide overlapping zones of protection between our land bases THEN amass an invasion sortie. Depending on which base of which faction can pump them out, I would say have rovers positioned in such a way where they can provide immediate assistance to places under attack.

I've done this a couple of times and while it may be taxing, resource-wise, I've found that it helps in either repulsing or stalling invaders when the s*** hits the fan. If someone has a better plan, I'm all for it.

What if PEACE ran a diversion bombardment while we begin our mobilization?
Our homeland is not deep enough for a 'rolling defense'. If they land on our shores in force they will immediately start taking our coastal cities and destroying our crawlers.

Too much of our empire is on the shores (the island is not big enough, otherwise).

We can and should prevent them from approaching our shores.

Although we should maintain our own (and the Drones) security, a good offense will make the CyCons react to us once we take the fight to Uni (although let's not launch the invasion too soon).

Mead
Old February 2, 2004, 21:10   #32
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:22
Then we need an airforce as soon as damm possible, eh?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 2, 2004, 21:16   #33
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:22
I understand. But shouldn't PEACE contribute to our protection as well? Granted our island isn't the largest, but at least it would provide mutual zones of protection. My idea may not be the best, but I'm just throwing different ideas out.

I think it should be PEACE's main job to make sure that the CPU doesn't get close enough to land on our shores....and we should, of course, build up the Hiverian Air Force.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 2, 2004, 21:19   #34
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Then we need an airforce as soon as damm possible, eh?

-Jam
Yes.

Let's not cripple ourselves to get one, but it should be one of our highest priorities.

Mead
Old February 3, 2004, 02:30   #35
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 10:22
What about CPU? How are they when it comes to military? I'm thinking tech, units, methods, anything. "Know thy enemy" and all that.
and then refusing to decide
Old February 3, 2004, 03:01   #36
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:22
I'm betting that they have a sizeable army considering that they went to war against PEACE....they should still be in "conquer" mode.

....anyone want to take over?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 3, 2004, 05:10   #37
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:22
We need to do like Stalin and cripple the nation for victory

He knew the Nazis would come, and ruined the economy and killed millions in order to get the Read Army up to scratch. We must do likewise.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 3, 2004, 09:44   #38
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:22
it is ok to patrol with a litle air fleet, but 1st- dont forget to actualy do it with the planes (patrol), 2nd - i beleave we'll need more planes then foils for the same patrol. another advantage of air fleet is that it is powerfull enough to fill other tasks afterwards.

any way what we have now is too much filosofy.

i'd ask chairman voltair or eon of the ministers to poll few points for strategy of war and lets begin making the lower level desitions the moment poll is over.

time is crusial cammarads
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)