Old February 3, 2004, 18:52   #211
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 02:23
Local Date: November 3, 2010
America needs more naked breasts and less guns.
Old February 3, 2004, 19:06   #212
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 12:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
In the name of Zeus -- LET THIS THREAD DROP.
Old February 3, 2004, 19:32   #213
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DanS
jrabbit: Of course, that's true, but it didn't really fit into our argument. dv8ed was skeptical that there is an actual difference, even though he knows the laws. I was pointing out where the difference came in.
Yeah, I suspected that was the case, but couldn't pass up the opportunity for a bit of pedantry...

----------------
Although I would suggest MrFun stop visiting this stupid thread if it bothers him, I do hereby agree to stop posting in it.

Probably.

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old February 3, 2004, 20:49   #214
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 03:23
Hey! We're talking boobs here - this should be a happy thread.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old February 3, 2004, 21:30   #215
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun
In the name of Zeus -- LET THIS THREAD DROP.
That old pervert? He'd of had JJ covered in feathers by now.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 3, 2004, 22:54   #216
flipside
Warlord

Local Time: 18:23
Quote:
Originally posted by The Mad Monk

That old pervert? He'd of had JJ covered in feathers by now.
True. In his prime. He was disguised as the moon. He only wanted a quick feel. Oh, how the greats are fallen in a monotheistic culture.
Old February 3, 2004, 23:04   #217
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Hmmm, it appears drudge will now be implemeneting a 10 second delay for the Grammys so as to be able to stop any inappropriate content...

LLLLLLLAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE......... .....

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old February 3, 2004, 23:15   #218
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 13:23
ANYONE WHO REPLIES AFTER THIS POST WILL BE BANNED. THIS IS OFFICIAL APOLYTON POLICY.
Old February 3, 2004, 23:26   #219
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 17:23
Janet Jackton isnot bad looking for a black woman as I than a white man, at least she is of normal built and weight and look healthly.
Old February 3, 2004, 23:34   #220
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by alva
Quote:
-- ON THE OTHER HAND-- it was really a cheap stunt done for no other reason than to be a cheap stunt-- It counted on its shock value
True, but it only has shock value in (puritan) U.S. or in some fundamentalistic islamic hell-hole...
Alot of islamic culture except singer and dancer to be loose woman of easy virue so they except then to wear more revealing clothes than muslum woman, this only apply to proffress woman who sing or dance for a caerrer. So the rulear of Islamic nation wouldnot be stock at all.
Old February 3, 2004, 23:40   #221
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlesBHoff
Janet Jackton isnot bad looking for a black woman as I than a white man, at least she is of normal built and weight and look healthly.
Old February 3, 2004, 23:53   #222
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by monkspider

There are black woman who look worest than Janet one of then star in a Jame Bond moive.
Old February 4, 2004, 00:13   #223
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by monkspider

indeed
Old February 4, 2004, 00:13   #224
MrFun
Emperor

Old February 4, 2004, 00:14   #225
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

indeed indeed
Old February 4, 2004, 02:02   #226
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

More News: Apparently MTV is now blaming Janet Jackson for boobiegate

NEW YORK — It's Janet's fault. That's what the chairman and CEO of MTV Networks, Tom Freston, said Tuesday about the Super Bowl halftime debacle in which Janet Jackson's breast was exposed.

"We were really ripped off. We were punk'd by Janet Jackson," Freston said, referring to MTV's Ashton Kutcher reality show that makes celebrities the butt of practical jokes.

"There's now going to be an FCC investigation into the nipple," Freston told reporters at a news conference.

The music network, which produced the halftime show, and CBS landed in a world of trouble with outraged viewers and federal regulators looking into exactly who knew about Jackson's plans to have Justin Timberlake yank off part of her costume during the show.

Speaking at a panel discussion with other entertainment executives, Freston noted that Jackson herself said the decision to do the stunt was made without MTV's knowledge.

In a statement released Monday night, Jackson said the stunt that revealed a breast clad only in a sun-shaped "nipple shield" in front of some 89 million viewers went awry after being planned at the last minute.

"The decision to have a costume reveal at the end of my halftime show performance was made after final rehearsals. MTV (search) was completely unaware of it," she said. "It was not my intention that it go as far as it did. I apologize to anyone offended — including the audience, MTV, CBS and the NFL."

But the display still raised questions such as: If it was an accident, why did a choreographer promise "shocking moments" in an interview with the Web site MTV.com prior to the show?

And how could it have been a coincidence when it was timed to the words of Timberlake's song "Rock Your Body" — "I'm gonna have you naked by the end of this song"?

MTV Networks Group President Judy McGrath said the shocker was supposed to be Timberlake's appearance — and not what he did afterward. McGrath was sitting in the audience and didn't see the flash, but said the pair "looked upset" afterward.

While she praised Jackson and Timberlake as artists, she said: "I don't appreciate someone who doesn't communicate what their plans are. I think it was a misguided move on their parts."

Although Timberlake issued a statement shortly after the show apologizing and blaming the incident on a "wardrobe malfunction," he didn't seem very sorry in comments to the syndicated show "Access Hollywood."

"Hey man, we love giving you all something to talk about," he said, laughing.

Federal Communications Commission chief Michael Powell (search) on Monday promised an investigation into whether CBS violated decency laws, with potential fines of up to $27,500. If applied to each CBS station, the fine could reach into the millions.

"Like millions of Americans, my family and I gathered around the television for a celebration. Instead, that celebration was tainted by a classless, crass and deplorable stunt," Powell said in a statement.

"This was done completely without our knowledge," said Chris Ender, entertainment spokesman for CBS, which was deluged with angry calls. "It wasn't rehearsed. It wasn't discussed. It wasn't even hinted at. ... This is something we would have never approved. We are angry and embarrassed."

The NFL said it was "extremely disappointed." Several members of Congress, the Parents Television Council and the Traditional Values Coalition expressed outrage.

Even halftime producer and CBS corporate Viacom cousin MTV — the network that broadcast Madonna kissing Britney Spears at last August's MTV Awards — was contrite.

"Unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional," said MTV.

According to the FCC, non-cable TV channels cannot air "obscene" material at any time and cannot air "indecent" material between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m.

The FCC defines obscene as describing sexual conduct "in a patently offensive way" and lacking "serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value." Indecent material is not as offensive but still contains references to sex or excretions.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old February 4, 2004, 02:07   #227
MrFun
Emperor

The next person that posts anything, I am going to take away all their bananas.
Old February 4, 2004, 02:10   #228
The Mad Monk
Emperor

That what they're saying officially. Unofficially, they're high-fiving each other. The worst the FCC can do, really, is fine each CBS owned or affiliate station, plus MTV, Janet and Justin, about $27,000 apiece.

That's about $6,000,000 total -- or a little less than three Superbowl commercials.

You can't buy this kind of publicity.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 4, 2004, 02:12   #229
The Mad Monk
Emperor

...and you try, and I'll trample your strawberries.
Old February 4, 2004, 02:14   #230
MrFun
Emperor

Catch up, will ya?? I converted to banathology AWHILE ago.
Old February 4, 2004, 02:27   #231
Alexander's Horse
Deity

The incident was shown on Australian TV and it did look like an accident - Janet Jackson stopped dancing and just froze, she looked stunned and embarassed.

Old February 4, 2004, 02:45   #232
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Maybe she stopped dancing because it was the end of the song.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old February 4, 2004, 02:50   #233
Alexander's Horse
Deity

it could have been a set up but she didn't look happy.

Old February 4, 2004, 03:03   #234
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Could be that they're telling the truth. The cup was supposed to come off but not the bra. Although the explanation fits, it still sounds really sketchy. The star nipple ring sure is... ummm... revealing. Maybe more women wear such gaudy nipple rings than I originally gave credit.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old February 4, 2004, 03:07   #235
Tiamat
Apolyton Legend

Or she could be crazy......like a fox. Her name really hasn't been in the news much but her brothers sure has. Doesn't this take the heat off of him and place it on her. You can't buy the kind of publicity she's getting for free. Look how much we are talking about it here, and certainly we aren't the only ones.
You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran
Old February 4, 2004, 03:21   #236
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 10:23
I'm sorry, but I can't buy into this time and place bullshit.

It's time for you conservatives to go to psychiatrists and learn to deal with your issues with sex.

I'm right, and you're wrong. Yes you heard me right.

It is not healthy to want to shield your children from breasts. It will cause your children to grow up to be perverts like me. I was restricted from all nudity as a kid, and we never talked about sex in my family. Now look at me. I'm one of the biggest perverts in the city of Las Vegas.

But seriously. I've had it with you conservatives.

100 years ago there were only 230 murders in the entire United States of America. Now a medium sized city has that many murders.

If we should be restricting anything on television it should be violence.

I've had it with you whackos with uptight views on nudity.

It's all a matter of context. The breast was not displayed in a sexual manner. It was just plain ole' nudity. There was no sex act with the breast going on.

Yes, I'm here to tell that you are raising your children with unhealthy attitudes about nudity.
Old February 4, 2004, 03:40   #237
Alexander's Horse
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DanS
Could be that they're telling the truth. The cup was supposed to come off but not the bra. Although the explanation fits, it still sounds really sketchy. The star nipple ring sure is... ummm... revealing. Maybe more women wear such gaudy nipple rings than I originally gave credit.
I'm not sure it was a nipple ring - looked like it could be protective. All that leather and latex and ribbing could hurt.

why am I discussing this......

Old February 4, 2004, 03:52   #238
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

yes getting a nipple ring is much less painful than having leather rub against you.

In any case, looking at the pictures again, I don't even see the red bra on the right side. You would think the red bra would be dangling underneath her breast, but I don't see it. I think she never had her right breast inside the bra, and that the right side of the bra was tucked underneath the middrift portion of the leather outfit.

In any case, it is reported that janet admits to doing it on purpose. But it does seem like she is kind of shocked. Anyone have pictures of her face after she covers herself up. You have to find the pics from video that wasn't from CBS cameras, as they cut away quickly.

Justin didn't seem to shocked. Why would a breast bother him. Unless he's gay. Of course he might be...
Old February 4, 2004, 04:37   #239
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:23
the whole jackson family is wack

Mis Novias
Old February 4, 2004, 04:38   #240
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

do you think this might taint the jury pool for Michael Jackson. The average prudish american might believe the whole family is a bunch of perverts.