Old February 2, 2004, 01:09   #1
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 17:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Proposed New cabinet Positions
Apologies if this post is incoherent,or if names our mispelled. Over in the USA, the Superbowl has just ended, and there has been some partying since the team I rooted for won.(Additionally, Miss Jackson appears too have revealed too much during halftime). Considering One Israel's position in gaining 3 of 5 seats, all positions, except Immigration, are held by One Israel members.

Proposed cabinet positions, will each minister tell me if they accept or not?
Prime Minster: PinkyGen (accepted)
Defense Minster: Conmcb25
Econ minister: Arthedrain
Chief of Staff: El Awremce
Immigration: Stalin II (Centre)

One Israe's Nomination for President: Stefan of Harmony

Do the ministers accept their posts? I assume our current President, Conmbc25 will run the election thread for voting for the new President.
Old February 2, 2004, 01:26   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 13:23
Sure why not.

Your spelling sucks btw when your intoxicated ;
Old February 2, 2004, 01:29   #3
PinkyGen
Prince

That is for the lord to decide, not you.

And btw, this is one of the few religions that allows drinking.
Old February 2, 2004, 05:43   #4
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 18:23
Pinky... can you be my replacement for moderator? Or the president you're going to design? Or any of the goverment's guys? I need a replacement for me as moderator, and whoever will be should be reliable! And I need him/her now
Old February 2, 2004, 07:33   #5
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 14:23
D'uh, I accept my nomination.

Now let's kill arabs!
Old February 2, 2004, 08:55   #6
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Am I still the Front Commander of the North sector?

If so, I'll play tonight, but I need a replacement for a month or so also in my front.
Old February 2, 2004, 10:55   #7
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 14:23
Aye aye, I'll see into getting a replacement later. Play as long as you're here, it's your front.
Old February 2, 2004, 12:25   #8
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 19:23
Arthedrain? DO I look drain to you? j/k

I accept!
Old February 2, 2004, 14:49   #9
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Quote:
I feel flattered by the nomination, but I will only accept if Ben Kenobi, still official President of the Harmony Party, agrees. Remember, I'm only a substitute.
Old February 2, 2004, 15:02   #10
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
Quote:
I feel flattered by the nomination, but I will only accept if Ben Kenobi, still official President of the Harmony Party, agrees. Remember, I'm only a substitute.
Well please see if you can get ahold of him then.

One Israel feels this would be the best way to include Harmony in the government and as soon as you give the go ahead, Ill set up and election thread for the Pres.

(My insiders tell me you are a shoe in )
Old February 2, 2004, 15:41   #11
PinkyGen
Prince

Sorry Arthedain; be assured that the deity has already punished me by giving me a hangover that I took to classes today.

Thank you for everyone who accepted positions so far. I have yet to hear from Stalin, and Stefan needs to sort things out with his party.

As for being mod of the foru, I humbly accept Yaro's offer? Is there anything I need to learn from mod school, anyone to pay homage to?
Old February 2, 2004, 16:32   #12
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 12:23
Quote:
I will only accept if Ben Kenobi, still official President of the Harmony Party, agrees. Remember, I'm only a substitute.
I step down and my replacement gets nominated to be President.

Coincidence? I think not.

Enjoy your position Stefan.
Old February 2, 2004, 16:56   #13
yaroslav
Emperor

Dear KB, as I understand it the postiion has been ofered to Harmony, and Harmony can nominate who Harmony wants.

However, I'm not a member a One Israel, so I'm giving you my general impression that I got from reading the threads.
Old February 2, 2004, 17:25   #14
PinkyGen
Prince

With all due respect to Ben Kenobi, it was Stefan I was nominating, and not Harmony in general. Oh, and it's only a coincidence because I can't really think of anyone in One Israel to nominate now that Con is moving to Defense Minister. Centre's misfortune in the elections is to Harmony's benefit.

And it's not purely a party thing. One Israel did not nominate anybody for President, nor me as head of the government nominate anyone. It is not like the other positions. I as a player in the game nominated Stefan, a nomination One Israel as a whole may or not support, though it is kinda obvious what will happen since Stefan accepted the nomination, especially if no one else gets nominated.

This is why I'd rather have the current President run the nomination thread for the new President, as this post is supposedly less politcal than the other ones.
Old February 2, 2004, 17:33   #15
yaroslav
Emperor

Anyway, Pinky, Stefan, BK, or whowever...

Do you want to be a minimod?
Old February 2, 2004, 17:51   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
Anyway, Pinky, Stefan, BK, or whowever...

Do you want to be a minimod?
PinkyGen volunteered to do this somewhere.
Old February 2, 2004, 17:56   #17
yaroslav
Emperor

Again, I miss it. As I told you in other place, my mind is off.

Anyway, there is no thing to learn. You'll quickly see how it works, and this forum is a quiet place, so you don't need to mod often.

However, becuase this is a demogage, PinkyGen, you being mod needs to be approved by the people. As I'm running off of time, I'm going to post a poll with a 24-hour limit. If the poll gives you more yes that noes, you'll my replacement. And I will vote yes and recommend other people to do so.
Old February 2, 2004, 18:36   #18
PinkyGen
Prince

Thank's Yaro. And if anyone wants to be mod, speak now, and I'll take myself out of the running.
Old February 2, 2004, 19:04   #19
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 12:23
Quote:
With all due respect to Ben Kenobi, it was Stefan I was nominating,
And rightfully so he deserves the position.
Old February 4, 2004, 11:02   #20
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Stalin II cannot be immigration minister since he does not hold a seat anymore if my math is still correct.

Also, does anyone remember where we posted all the information on the President's position? If I recall correctly (which usually is a pretty big if), the president is not like a normal knesset position that can be shuffled every election, which is why the knesset elects him.

Last edited by EmuGod; February 4, 2004 at 11:14.
Old February 4, 2004, 11:29   #21
yaroslav
Emperor

What? Do you need to be a knesset member in order to be a minister?

I didn't know that... Where did we wrote that?
Old February 4, 2004, 11:31   #22
yaroslav
Emperor

In fact, Encarta:

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761575008_4/Israel_(country).html

says that at least half of the minister must be members of the knesset, what means that the other half doesn't need to be member.
Old February 4, 2004, 11:36   #23
EmuGod
Prince

I believe we agreed on the fact that ministers are members of knesset at the beginning of the democracy game.
Old February 4, 2004, 11:52   #24
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod
I believe we agreed on the fact that ministers are members of knesset at the beginning of the democracy game.
I vaguely remember that as well, where was that posted EMU?
Old February 4, 2004, 13:49   #25
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Alright, I gratefully accept my nomination as president.
Old February 4, 2004, 14:06   #26
PinkyGen
Prince

There is no such restriction, and Arth. was not a member of the knesset, yet a minister, the last time around.

We said it would be preferred to have knesset members as ministers, but this not absolute. And it would be ridiculous for the governing party to have to include opposition party members merely because they are members of the knesset.

The Israeli constitution does not work because their knesset is much bigger than five people.
Old February 4, 2004, 17:18   #27
PinkyGen
Prince

And to rest the case, I cite the Basic Laws

Quote:
Originally posted in the Basic Laws

It is preferable that minister's first be selected from the knesset out of the members in the Governing Coalition. There can be more Minister positions than the possible knesset pool can fill, especially if the coalition is small, so Minister's can be selected from the general populace.

However, the Prime Minister must be selected from the Knesset.
Of course, Emu can try to use party discipline and have Stalin decline, in which case I'll need to try to select somebody else. But that it is a Centre party issue, not a "constitutional" one.
Old February 5, 2004, 18:14   #28
EmuGod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
There is no such restriction, and Arth. was not a member of the knesset, yet a minister, the last time around.

We said it would be preferred to have knesset members as ministers, but this not absolute. And it would be ridiculous for the governing party to have to include opposition party members merely because they are members of the knesset.

The Israeli constitution does not work because their knesset is much bigger than five people.
What does "preferred" mean? There are two possibilities. Either "preferred" means that the government can choose people at its leisure or that the government should try to go through all the members of knesset first before looking toward non-knesset members. It's ridiculous in my opinion if the government can just pick every minister from non-knesset members. If that's the case, what would stop two parties from forming a coalition and selecting their party members who are not members of knesset to the minister jobs?

Also, there's a more important reason why the Israeli constiution does not work - it does not exist so it cannot work. Israel has no constitution.

Again, I think we may have to more clearly define the presidential role. I believe when I suggested it I mentioned that the length of a presidential term is different from a standard government term, though I can't seem to find where I wrote it. I think it was on the original democracy game proposal thread, which I can no longer find.
Old February 5, 2004, 18:47   #29
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Emu.

I think your arguement is rather weak.

Why would a PM pick Knesset members UNLESS he HAD to form a coalition.

Not forming a coalition essentially frees his hands to choose who he wants.

And it said in the rules we agreed to that it doesn't have to be a knesset member.

If there is an issue on my Presidential Term and it is longer than 6 months game time, then I resign.

We are going to continue to move this demo game forward. The masses demand it

And I believe the PM has done a good job bringing other party members into the Government, EVEN THOUGH HE DID NOT HAVE TO.

So unless you have something concrete we are going to move forward.

If you want things changed thats fine, lets do a poll to ammend our rules.

Until then we will continue to work within them.
Old February 8, 2004, 03:11   #30
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

But anyway, even if im allowed to be the immigration minister I am willing to give the position to someone else. My goal is economic minister, but I have no chances now