View Poll Results: Should we set up the Emergency Management Ministry
Yes 6 85.71%
No 1 14.29%
Write-in 0 0%
Xenodoughnut 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 2, 2004, 16:56   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 11:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Emergency Management Ministry
Should we reactivate the shaddow forum or start a new forum for pupose of discussing details of war? My main reason of proposing this is that I'm not sure if it will be 100% safe if we have all the exact war plan here like in metric hour 1700 twenty choppers will be dispersed to target area B and such.

I'm setting this poll to expire in 2 days so that if we want to we would still have some time to do it before the next turn arrives.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 2, 2004, 17:46   #2
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:25
lets go for it!!
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 2, 2004, 17:58   #3
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:25
Let's not. Tass is about to sweep our forums clean anyway.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 2, 2004, 18:01   #4
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

yes!! lets go for that too!!
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 2, 2004, 18:13   #5
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Wow! I love this enthusiasm

-Jam
Old February 2, 2004, 21:26   #6
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:25
I'm supporting a revolutionist purge of the Hive.

I also support the EMM.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 3, 2004, 05:00   #7
Jamski
Deity

/me is on the edge of joining the CyCon again... *

-Jam
Old February 3, 2004, 12:27   #8
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Dear Jamski, you know that I value your opinion greatly. What is it that makes you so uncomfortable with the other forum idear? If we are absolutely sure that this forum is safe, then I will start discussing details here. I just didn't want anybody outside of Hive to know our exact plan. I guess if they are able to get in this forum they would have plenty of ideas that we are going to a war against the univ in the near future anyway. But at least they don't know exactly when yet. Everybody tells me, does this matter or not? For I really wants to start talking details.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 3, 2004, 18:28   #9
Jamski
Deity

Well, according to Maniac's PM, he doesn't even know about our status regarding the Drones, so I'd say we're pretty safe.

-Jam
Old February 3, 2004, 19:00   #10
Snowflake
Princess

But are you sure they are not doing that deliberately to stall us?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 3, 2004, 23:23   #11
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 10:25
Hmm, HongHu might have a point, perhaps the CyCon are trying to stall us until they have a bigger military force. Then acting quickly may be in our advantage.

Though this remains a possibility, I must say that to be honest I still prefer the prudent approach of placing ourselves beyond defeat, then worrying about defeating the enemy.
Old February 4, 2004, 00:05   #12
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
* Jamski is on the edge of joining the CyCon again... *

-Jam

Nah!

Jamski is one of the 'Core' Hive members.

He wouldn't be happy anyplace else.

[And he knows it's true.]

Mead
Old February 4, 2004, 00:14   #13
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
Hmm, HongHu might have a point, perhaps the CyCon are trying to stall us until they have a bigger military force. Then acting quickly may be in our advantage.

Though this remains a possibility, I must say that to be honest I still prefer the prudent approach of placing ourselves beyond defeat, then worrying about defeating the enemy.
The 2155 intell shows that they are still building a lot of crawlers and such.

I would like to have an ovewhelming force to hit them with before we attack, but I am willing to hit them as soon as we have the abiltity to hit them hard and hold our gains while we advance further.

Right now, it looks like they are still building Drone Control facilities in the newly conquered former Pirate bases. I do not want to wait until they get those bases on-line and producing military units (including aviation units).

Let's hit, hit hard, and hold what we take. But let's not wait until they assimilate the new Uni and Pirate accesions (Plus DAP) into their collective.

Mead
Old February 4, 2004, 05:46   #14
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

sorry, i dont think we'll have enough power soon...
Old February 4, 2004, 08:17   #15
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
He wouldn't be happy anyplace else.
I hate it when people call my bluff

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 10:57   #16
Snowflake
Princess

Good job Mead.

t_ras, remember if we are going to do that, we will be cooperating with the Drones.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 12:08   #17
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

forgot that, ill have to check their production capabilites.
maybe production should be coordinated with them to make a complet war-force.
for how deep coordinations do we trust them? at all level?
Old February 4, 2004, 12:13   #18
Snowflake
Princess

After the next turn arrives I would be trusting them at all levels. That is if they have kept their words and provided us with the needed prototype.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 13:52   #19
Jamski
Deity

Ditto. This is the turn when we see if the Drones are with us to the very end.

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 19:39   #20
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

True, we hit them with what we can, then the Drones follow suit. Of course, if this is some sort of trap concocted by the CPU and Drones, we might get screwed.
Old February 4, 2004, 19:50   #21
Jamski
Deity

Ah, if CyUni and Drones are both against us, we're screwed whatever we do

-Jam
Old February 6, 2004, 12:50   #22
Snowflake
Princess

This poll is closed with 6 for and 1 against. However I have chosen not to reactivate the shaddow forum at this time. I have consulted with GooglieGod again and was assured that there has not been any sign of forum infiltration from other teams. Since GooglieGod and tassgod will be actively monitoring the other forums and the game turns of the other teams, I am now sure that if anybody has done anything to counter our plan due to illegally obtained information, the gods will be able to catch it. We are now having very good discussions here in this forum, I'm not sure if openning another forum will actually have some negative effect. So I have chosen not to open another forum and trust the gods for our safty.

(Sorry about running the poll but not carrying out the decision. Please let me know if you think differently.)

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 6, 2004, 17:02   #23
Jamski
Deity

-Jam
Old February 6, 2004, 18:14   #24
Frankychan
King

Wise decision.....but what about things outside the realm of Apolyton, such as MSN or email?

Concurrently, we should increase our relations with the PEACE and treat them as an equal despite their current situation. If they feel like they are "part of the team", hopefully they will be more willing to contribute more resources when the Drone/Hive alliance starts carving up the CPU.
Old February 6, 2004, 18:17   #25
Snowflake
Princess

I agree entirely Comrade Franky. I feel that the PEACE have been behaving very honorably, not asking for more help when they really needed. They could have asked for some ecs a long way back. My bad not looking at the infiltration window frequently enough. I only hope they can be kept afloat after this next turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 6, 2004, 18:19   #26
Snowflake
Princess

As for MSN chat and emails, I agree they are unmonitorable by the gods. However if they have made plans that is specifically counter our movements then the gods would have sufficient reason to suspect I would think. So in one word, in god we trust.

[edit] Oops that is not one word.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 6, 2004, 21:14   #27
Jamski
Deity

That phrase make me sick.

-Jam
Old February 6, 2004, 21:22   #28
Frankychan
King

Easy comrade, easy.
Old February 7, 2004, 01:14   #29
Snowflake
Princess

/me looks in concern at a pale faced Jamski.

Oh no! How about change it to in GooglieGod we trust? Feeling better? How about in luck we trust? Or perhaps in nothing we trust? Better now?

/me is real concerned.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 7, 2004, 10:12   #30
Jamski
Deity

/me collapses to the floor spewing uncontrollably *

Sorry, too late

-Jam