View Poll Results: Should we and our pactmates declare vendetta against the CyCon and their pactmates?
Yes, do it now! 1 12.50%
Yes, but wait till we are ready 2 25.00%
No, never 1 12.50%
No, but maybe later 4 50.00%
Maybe... I just don't know. 0 0%
Write-in 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 2, 2004, 18:18   #1
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
A formal declaration of ***WAR***
Should we, together with the Drones and PEACE, formally declare war upon the CyCon and PUT?

It is clear that they have perma-pacted, and with the addition of the PEACE bases, they are a real danger to peace on Chiron. Should we eliminate these counter-revolutionary terrorists?

Why make a formal declaration?

Well, because they are beating up our friends, the Pirates, and bonding with our worst enemies, the Uni. Perhaps the threat of war with the industrial might of the Drones and Hive will makes them leave the Pirates in peace. If not, then we are the next targets anyway. Why not strike now?

Simple yes, no or maybe vote.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 2, 2004, 18:47   #2
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 10:25
Let them declare war against us, or at least let us find some excuse to make this look like their doing such as demanding a withdraw of CyCon forces from PEACE territory and when they refuse use that as an excuse for war.
Old February 2, 2004, 18:49   #3
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:25
not that i think we'll surprice them, but better just degrade our pact to treaty and wait till we're ready.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 2, 2004, 18:52   #4
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

who voted "no, never"? let me have him under my formers trunks!!
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 2, 2004, 18:55   #5
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras
who voted "no, never"? let me have him under my formers trunks!!
*clears throat* That was me. What I meant was that we should let them do the dirty work for us, but ourselves time.
Old February 2, 2004, 19:04   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Then you meant "yes, when WE are ready?"

-Jam
Old February 2, 2004, 19:07   #7
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 11:25
I voted No but maybe later. We don't want to raise any more hostility right now. When we attack the uni the CCs will declare war on us. Then we will not be the one who breaks the relationship.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 2, 2004, 19:10   #8
Jamski
Deity

But what about PEACE?

I think there is a possibilty to get CyUni to back off from PEACE if they are threated by the two strongest factions of Planet together...

And then we may REALLY need those sea bases later. Unless we want the CyUni to use them to bomb us with noodles

-Jam
Old February 2, 2004, 19:39   #9
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I agree with Voltaire - we'll not look any better if we declare war ourselves. Of course, that hardly matters, but it is more honorable.

Simply demand that CyCon return captured PEACE bases and sign a peace treaty with PEACE. Since they'll most likely reject such outrageus demands, we use that as an excuse for an attack.
Old February 2, 2004, 21:08   #10
Jamski
Deity

I like the way Octavian thinks

-Jam
Old February 2, 2004, 21:15   #11
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:25
I still cannot vote in polls. I will ask Ming to help me fix it so I can vote.

However, I think we should wait a while until we declare war.

We are not ready for war.

We should declare war only when it is made on us, or when we are ready to make war.

The time will come, but it is not now.

Mead
Old February 2, 2004, 21:24   #12
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:25
I agree with the majority. Delay our intentions until later on. Having them declare Vendetta on us will make us look better.....to whom it would matter I do not know (The victors write history).

But asking the CPU to give back PEACE bases would escalate tensions between us (if that's what we want).

I say the Hive should wave the olive branch in their faces, but sharpen our swords behing their backs.

BTW, what is the official relationship between the Drones and the CyCon/CPU?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 3, 2004, 01:21   #13
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

The Drones is in treaty with the CCs and in vendetta with the Univ I think. We really need somebody to do the covert report. It hasn't been updated for a couple turns. (Comrade Micha? )

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 3, 2004, 04:55   #14
Jamski
Deity

We should have a unified Hivedrone diplomacy stance vs the CyUni.

-Jam
Old February 3, 2004, 10:14   #15
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
*clears throat* That was me. What I meant was that we should let them do the dirty work for us, but ourselves time.
*t_ras comes back from the nervstapling dungeon
hoo my allmighty chairman, how could i doubted your wize insighting words?

lets NOT declare war!!
Old February 3, 2004, 11:54   #16
Snowflake
Princess

Comrade Oct has a good point. I think we should prepare to hold a planetary concil in around turn 2158/2159 and demand the CC stop their aggression toward the PEACE (is it going to be too late?). Then of course they will deny it. Then we announce vendetta and attack the "CPU".

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 3, 2004, 16:43   #17
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

i think it might be too soon....
Old February 3, 2004, 18:00   #18
Voltaire
King

Strictly speaking the UN charter is still in effect, we can under its auspices intervene in on behalf of the PEACE in the conflict. We should take advantage of the Planetary Council to legitimize this war, we can spin it and state that we are defending Planet from the aggression of the CyCon (which in itself would be in part the truth).
Old February 3, 2004, 19:02   #19
Snowflake
Princess

It is the truth, the whole truth, nothing but truth, dear Chairman.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 3, 2004, 22:31   #20
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:25

/me wants a bloody and devastating war to end all wars!
Old February 4, 2004, 08:06   #21
Jamski
Deity

/me wants one too, but with the CyUni as the "badguys" *

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 11:40   #22
Snowflake
Princess

At least we would be keeping the spirit of nominating Bush and Blair to the Nobel peace award. You know, we are starting a war, because if we don't, there might be a war later and the peace would be disrupted! What a good peacekeeper we are. (I am feeling so proud.)

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 11:56   #23
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

i allways liked to keep the peace, spetialy for my self...
Old February 4, 2004, 13:51   #24
Jamski
Deity

Well, we are the Hive, not Lal's whining democrats.

Let's start a war, because they are evil capitalists and must be brought under strict police control at once.

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 14:59   #25
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

let's spread the rebolution!!
Old February 4, 2004, 18:24   #26
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:25

I think we should indeed go before the factions and state our case. And when we don't get what we want (which, lets face it, we won't) we can unfurl our Hiverian banner and tell everyone that the sleeping giant that is the Hive has awakened!

Let's just hope the Drones participate in this Chironian war.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 4, 2004, 19:45   #27
Jamski
Deity

I'm sure they'll want a chance to use our new flying toys too

-Jam