Old February 4, 2004, 10:39   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 13:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Draft team split up for Game 1!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
By Euclidus:

I flipped some coins for the randomness. You guys can either accept it or come up with a group of teams based on the times available.

If you do accept these teams it would be great if someone could sort the teams in the order of times available. Thanks in advance.

Game 1
CFC
GCA
CDZ
CGN
C3Brazil

Game 2
PAL
CDG
Bachrachos
Poly
GWT

*Hope I didn't confuse any teams and put them twice or anything.
BF could you take a look at the preferrred times of each team and recommend a turn order? I want to put an end to this nonsense of redoing the split to favor play times or this is going to take forever.

PAL being in our first game is a good sign as well as GCA being in the other game. We can work with F-P and come up with a survival startegy

My guess is:

GWT
Brachrachos (French)

Then some sort of split up for Us, PAL and CDG

Last edited by conmcb25; February 4, 2004 at 10:45.
conmcb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 10:56   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 11:28
Who is PAL?
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 11:15   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Who is PAL?
F-P's ladder team.
Old February 4, 2004, 13:08   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 10:28
We just have to remember that while Fried-Psitalon knows many of the players on our team fairly well, we don't know the players on his team very well. We shouldn't assume that they will necessarily follow his lead in everything.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 13:18   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
We just have to remember that while Fried-Psitalon knows many of the players on our team fairly well, we don't know the players on his team very well. We shouldn't assume that they will necessarily follow his lead in everything.
I do not disagree.

But F-P already unofficially approached me on "working something out" especially if GCA was in our game.

Although that is not the case, its still nice to know there is common ground to work with someone in our game.

But you are correct whatever happens will happen and it will be situational. Just dont discount how much the personalities of the people involved can affect what happens in game.

Its just human nature. And its what makes a demo game more fun than a PBEM or playing the AI, because so many personalities ARE involved.
Old February 4, 2004, 14:11   #6
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Here are the time zones listed for now. I have some things to do so I will put this in some sort of order later on. I have also requested that CDZ post their availability.

Prefered Time Zones: (in GMT)

CFC 17:00-23:00

GCA 14:00-02:00

CDZ Not Listed

CGN 22:00-05:00

C3Brazil 10:00-16:00

PAL 24:00-05:00

CDG 22:00-05:00

Bachrachos 14:30-22:00

Poly 24:00-06:00

GWT 16:00-21:00
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 14:13   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thanks BF, Im busy today as well.

Whenever you get a chance is fine.

Thanks
Old February 4, 2004, 15:08   #8
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 17:28
Yeah! If they are waiting for a response from us concerning our opinon on the division, I vote to tell them we are satisfied.

Re: PAL
Even if we already have a pal in PAL, we should not talk to them about it as game matters are not to be discussed until in game contact in made.
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 15:27   #9
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by donegeal
Yeah! If they are waiting for a response from us concerning our opinon on the division, I vote to tell them we are satisfied.

Re: PAL
Even if we already have a pal in PAL, we should not talk to them about it as game matters are not to be discussed until in game contact in made.
Nothing official was discussed and nothing official will be discussed until in game contact.
Old February 4, 2004, 16:08   #10
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 12:28
Cool, we won't have the "very lucky RNG roll" team in our game.
joncnunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 17:41   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I got a chance to look at this today BF:

What does everyone think about this turn order?

GWT 16:00-21:00

Batrachos 14:30-22:00

CDG 22:00-3:00

PAL 24:00-05:00

Poly 24:00-06:00

(All times are GMT)
Old February 4, 2004, 18:34   #12
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Looks fine to me.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 18:41   #13
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Looks good, though GWT and Batrachos may want to switch. We can leave that up to them I guess.
Old February 4, 2004, 20:02   #14
Donegeal
Emperor

I really like the fact that our two best possible allies and us would all follow each other.
Old February 4, 2004, 20:03   #15
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
I really like the fact that our two best possible allies and us would all follow each other.
What a coincidence
Old February 4, 2004, 20:23   #16
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
China - GWT
Sumerian - Batrachos
Vikings - CDG
Maya - PAL
Greece - Poly

This is not the right thread, but I am thinking GWT (China) & CDG (Vikings) will be picked on.

The other three can have early GA's, and no-one will want to mess with them during an ancient age war.

Both China & Vikings have killer UU's that no-one will want to wait and let them have the chance to use.

The only think that could save GWT & CDG is that they are militaristic and they might be able to "hold on" during an early war.

- This needs a new thread. We need to start thinking some strategies.
Old February 4, 2004, 20:43   #17
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:28
This order is perfect.

We should try our best to send out feelers and friendly vibes to Batrachos. I have a feeling (as does H_E) that the first game may boil down to who's the best/worst target for elimination.

Also note that CDG (Kentonio) didn't have the best people skills and his Vikings may be an easy team to knock off early on. I wouldn't be surprised to see another team work them on their own, CDG didn't do a very good job in the last game with their military prep or their use of workers.

Frankly, if we can find a stable alliance to remove GWT, either CDG or Bat will likely get eliminated next, and we'll have to see which way the wind is blowing before we really nail down our alliances.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 21:16   #18
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Great stuff, nice to see us moving ahead, finally.

I hope that we either ally with PAL or be far far from them, as I view them as the toughest competitor. And while we are friendly my FP, I have little doubt that they would eliminate us if we proved to be an easy target. Must be very wary.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 22:02   #19
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
Great stuff, nice to see us moving ahead, finally.

I hope that we either ally with PAL or be far far from them, as I view them as the toughest competitor. And while we are friendly my FP, I have little doubt that they would eliminate us if we proved to be an easy target. Must be very wary.
That's the whole point of playing Greece. We SHOULDN'T present an easy target for anyone until the beginning of the middle ages.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4, 2004, 23:39   #20
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill

That's the whole point of playing Greece. We SHOULDN'T present an easy target for anyone until the beginning of the middle ages.
well, of course. it would be foolhardy to attack our empire, hopefully anyway, after turn 30 or so. A quick rush could do us in, but once we get a few hoppies, we are golden til the knight era, which we hopefully won't reach.

Unfortunately, rushes are likely to be the PLA's strong suit.
Old February 4, 2004, 23:39   #21
asleepathewheel
Emperor

OTOH, I think PLA will want us in the next game, to make the full game as worthwhile and challenging as possible.
Old February 5, 2004, 00:15   #22
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Or, if they're ultra-competitive about the second game already, they may want to knock us off in the first round if they can.

Let's not trust anybody till we have good reason to... With fewer civs participating and this game likely not lasting very long, backstabs will likely have fewer consequences. (We should think about that fact ourselves...)
Old February 5, 2004, 03:17   #23
asleepathewheel
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
Or, if they're ultra-competitive about the second game already, they may want to knock us off in the first round if they can.

Let's not trust anybody till we have good reason to... With fewer civs participating and this game likely not lasting very long, backstabs will likely have fewer consequences. (We should think about that fact ourselves...)
yes, if necessary we should kill off our Pals this game. If the opportunity presents itself.
Old February 5, 2004, 03:58   #24
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 02:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Tis good to see movement....
Old February 5, 2004, 07:03   #25
Donegeal
Emperor

GWT- China: Riders
Will try the GoW plan. Build lots of horse. Build Leo's. Upgrade to Riders and Rush. If we attack them (or anybody else for that matter) they will see a war similar to what we have experinced with CGA in the ISDG (probably similar "luck" as well).

Bat - Sumaria: Enkidu Warriors
Enkidus, and lots of them. Avoid attacking this team. With 10 shield spearmen, they can quickly have a large defensive force that would be economicly difficult to defeat (ie: the shield cost of units used to take on these guys would be FAR greater than it would cost them to defend against us). Think about this: 2 Sword = 60 shields. 60 shields = 3 Enkidu Warriors and 1 Sword. Now would you attack a city that was defended by 3 spear and a sword with just 2 sword?

CDG - Vikings: Bezerkers
We will see spears and archers from these guys. They will go for the Leo's path to upgrade archers to bezerkers and spear to pike to defend them. If we come accross these guys, it might be wise to try to take them out with Sword/Hop or Archer/Hop stacks if Iron is unavailable. We are pretty safe from these guys (they will be looking to make friends with us).

PAL - Maya: Jav Thrower
Hmmm... a 30 shield Bowman. Not sure what to make of this. I don't think tey will go on the offensive with a 2 attack, 1 move unit, at least not against us. I think they will build just a few Jav to use on barbs to get workers. Their primary military production will be warriors to upgrade to Swords. We must watch any known Iron supply they have closely (for repeated pilliaging).

ACS - Greece: Hopilite
I think they will all try to avoid actual conflict with us. We must be wary of a lone or non-threatening stack of units that will be sent at us very early to trigger our GA. If we can, we should use Swords as a primary defense (with hopilites 1 or two tiles back of the cities). At least until we have a solid core up and running (the Cap and one "ring" of cities). Once we have a core, we try to trigger our GA (Would anyone object to paying a friendly civ to "attack" a hopilite with an archer? At this point of the game, its not like archers are "obsolete" as in the main complaint about secured GA triggering.). In a GA with a core, we could mass produce Sword/Hopilite stacks like mad.
Old February 5, 2004, 09:11   #26
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:28
I added this to http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=107948 !

Please continue the strategy/intelligence discussion over there.

Donegeal: you're aware that we are ACS (Apolyton Civilization Site) ??

Last edited by BigFurryMonster; February 5, 2004 at 09:18.
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2004, 10:10   #27
Donegeal
Emperor

Of course I am.... you cutesey whootsey furry!!! If you read it again, I say "we" and "us" repeatedly.

[Spam]hehehe +1! [/Spam]
Old February 5, 2004, 10:36   #28
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:28
I'm sorry. I read this:

Quote:
ACS - I think they will all try to avoid actual conflict with us.
as:

Quote:
donegeal's text as perceived by BFM
I think they (opponent "ACS") will all try to avoid actual conflict with us (Apolyton).
...thus causing confusion.
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote