View Poll Results: When should we start Consul Elections?
Now, and every month after, as scheduled 3 20.00%
One month after the game starts 11 73.33%
abstain 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 5, 2004, 00:25   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Consul Elections
Our elections were one month ago. My term was set to run for one month.

However, we haven't even started playing the game yet.

We now need to decide if we want to stick with the election schedule we set up in the beginning -- one Consul up for election each month. Or if we want to delay doing elections until after the game has officially started.

Please vote in this poll and post your thoughts in this thread.

If the team prefers that we stick with the schedule, then I'd be up for reelection and I'd like to officially state that I'd like to continue in this job ... or, well, DO this job at some point.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2004, 00:28   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:31
One month after the game starts. I see no reason to have consular turnover before the game even starts.
Old February 5, 2004, 00:34   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 13:31
I say one month after the game starts BUT Im not sure Im going to vote for Togas in the next election because he changed his Bruce Campbell avatar.
Old February 5, 2004, 01:38   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 10:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep
One month after the game starts. I see no reason to have consular turnover before the game even starts.
I agree. The official consular term shouldn't begin until the game begins.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2004, 02:01   #5
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 04:31
Local Date: November 3, 2010
If the consuls are happy to continue, then one month after the game starts.
Old February 5, 2004, 02:32   #6
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:31
I'm tempted to say that terms should be measured from the original elections, mainly since I'd then have two more months.

Seriously, though, techically speaking, we've already acted as consuls by appointing ministers.

But, I don't care. A month after the game starts is fine with me.
Old February 5, 2004, 09:24   #7
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I reckon we stick with the schedule, as although the game has not started, we are definitly doing things here in the forum...

ok we may not be doing much but we are doing things.
Old February 5, 2004, 10:00   #8
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

It does seem kinda lame for Togas to come up for reelection to a ficticious position of a made up civilizaion that doesn't even exist yet.

But, there's no reason he couldn't just be reelected to the position. I would be much more interested in maintaining an exact date of each month for the elections/nominations to take place.
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2004, 10:04   #9
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 13:31
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I would be much more interested in maintaining an exact date of each month for the elections/nominations to take place.
I have to agree with this statement, having the elections scheduled like clockwork will do a lot to ensure particiaption from the entire group

(occassionally, just occassionaly GF, you have moments of brilliance )

What we could do if the "One month after the game starts" option passes is just set that date in stone, and amend the constitution if we have to.

Either way Im all for a firm fixed date.
Old February 5, 2004, 10:13   #10
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
(occassionally, just occassionaly GF, you have moments of brilliance )
It falls under the thousand monkeys on a keyboard hypothesis. It'll pass.
Old February 5, 2004, 22:32   #11
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:31
Oh, I agree we should make sure our election dates are set in stone. I just think that the current stone is out of whack with reality, so I'm for tossing it away and putting down a new stone when the game starts.
Old February 5, 2004, 22:59   #12
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Blasphemer! He would throw away the Sacred Stone!

Stone him!
Old February 5, 2004, 23:08   #13
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 10:31
/me can't find any cannabis! :shrug:
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote