Old February 11, 2004, 21:41   #151
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 12:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
That's a possibility, his father may have gotten any black marks removed. But until I see solid proof I have to go with what the evidence indicates. Furthermore, it does appear that Shrub did serve most of the time he committed to so if he got 6 months off after serving 3-4 years that isn't something to complain about. Of course, that doesn't absolve him of the measures taken to get into a Nat'l Guard unit that appears to be a politically "appropriate" safe haven for the rich and powerful to avoid the war. Some people now point out how various Nat'l Guard units are very active in current wars and pointing to Bush and Vietnam insults current guardsmen, but we don't have a draft now. Back then there was a draft, hence the Nat'l Guard was a means for "special" Americans to avoid war.
Old February 12, 2004, 14:26   #152
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 17:31
Then why doesnot the commander officer and other member of the guard unit remember seeing him at all there is something fishly here make false evident is than crime.
Old February 12, 2004, 14:51   #153
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 12:31
Exactly. I don't think it's a cooincidence that with all the influence and power of the Bush family, they can't find a single person who served with Shrub during the time that he supposedly wasn't AWOL.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old February 12, 2004, 14:56   #154
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramo
Exactly. I don't think it's a cooincidence that with all the influence and power of the Bush family, they can't find a single person who served with Shrub during the time that he supposedly wasn't AWOL.
I worked in many of Wharehouses in my time than I knew the look and name of my co-worker.
Old February 12, 2004, 17:48   #155
debeest
Prince

Local Time: 09:31
Right, Charles. Not a single person who worked with the future President of the United States happens to remember him. That's likely....
Old February 12, 2004, 18:20   #156
Ned
King

Local Time: 09:31
Well, they released records from a dental exam he had while attending the Alabama National Guard.

He at least was telling the truth about report there.

At this time, I think this is much to do about nothing. He got his credits and an honorable discharge.

But, what irks me was that Bush was apparently one very good fighter pilot - like his dad. He should have gone to war.

(BTW, I wanted to be a fighter pilot in the war as well. Couldn't due to my bad eyes.)
Old February 12, 2004, 19:55   #157
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by debeest
Right, Charles. Not a single person who worked with the future President of the United States happens to remember him. That's likely....
I worked in a wharehouse with about 30 or 40 people than I knew most of then by sight and knew they name.
It someone want to claim they worked in the wharehouse than they never did the people who where there at the time would know differently.