Where's my pest control trap???
Old February 5, 2004, 14:25   #62
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 12:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I think che and Mrfun has issues with each other
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old February 5, 2004, 15:22   #63
gopher
Warlord

Local Time: 13:32
Come on people, its NEWSMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out their site to see if they are "credible".
I remember their major expose on how Clinton had Vince Foster killed along with a few dozen others (Like Ron Brown, former SecCommerce, shot down over Serbia) to cover up Whitewater.

"Your plans to find love, fortune, and happiness utterly ignore the Second Law Of Thermodynamics."-Horiscope from The Onion
Old February 5, 2004, 15:28   #64
Ned
King

Local Time: 09:32
Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun
And I'm sure Republicans have never done any such questionable actions either, right??
Divert attention?

Kerry's corruption is renown. His corruption should be a campaign issue even for Democrats.
Old February 5, 2004, 15:36   #65
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
I think che and Mrfun has issues with each other
He likes to goad me, I like to kick the crap outta him. We're okay.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 5, 2004, 15:42   #66
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 17:32
Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun
Show me a perfect politician who is not corrupt one bit, and I will vote for him over any corrupt politician.
The WHY exactly did you argue against Republican examples, you f*cking queer meathead
Old February 5, 2004, 15:50   #67
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara

He likes to goad me, I like to kick the crap outta him. We're okay.
Old February 5, 2004, 15:51   #68
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 11:32
a reprimand, one day or a couple or a week off for Zylka for that crack above? anyone? do we start a pool?
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old February 5, 2004, 15:51   #69
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka

The WHY exactly did you argue against Republican examples, you f*cking queer meathead
Normally I try to ignore your posts, but I want to remind about the time recently when I tried to pin you down with "do as I say, not as I do" and then you said no one is perfectly consistent -- we are all hypocritical to some extent.

so shaddup
Old February 5, 2004, 16:06   #70
Ned
King

You know, one of the things the Governator emphasized in the recent recall election was that he would not be tool of the special interests because he was rich. Gray Davis had become a whore for his contributors. It was freaking outrageous.

Kerry has the same reputation even though he is himself rich. I don't understand why he is such a whore.

One of the reasons people actually liked Kennedy was because he was rich and could not be influence by monied interests. Being rich and incorruptible is an important attribute for being president.

Last edited by Ned; February 5, 2004 at 18:06.
Old February 5, 2004, 16:09   #71
GePap
Emperor

a reprimand, one day or a couple or a week off for Zylka for that crack above? anyone? do we start a pool?
Old February 5, 2004, 16:14   #72
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

When did Newsmax become a credible source?
But even if he did....Glory to him
Old February 5, 2004, 16:15   #73
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
It would be nice, but since Zylka is friends with mods I doubt that will be case.
Old February 5, 2004, 16:19   #74
Japher
Emperor

I think Zylka should have banning protection... no one takes what he says seriously anyway, not even his shrinks.

It's usually harder to understand what Zylka is getting. Especially those stories that start "I woke up in an unfamiliar place... again."
Old February 5, 2004, 16:22   #75
Zylka
King

There's a difference between what you're trying to emulate from my wisdom and "do as I say, not as I say"

and queer has nothing to do with sexual orientation in this instance. The guy's just out of place in whatever he does
Old February 5, 2004, 16:28   #76
MrFun
Emperor

What part of shaddup don't you understand??
Old February 5, 2004, 16:29   #77
Zylka
King

shad and dup are a start
Old February 5, 2004, 16:36   #78
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
Haha, no
Ha Ha yes, I believe that were a few conviction and other fled prosecution (Chung and some associates) but no politicians, just lobbyists.
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old February 5, 2004, 16:46   #79
GePap
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
Ha Ha yes, I believe that were a few conviction and other fled prosecution (Chung and some associates) but no politicians, just lobbyists.
Oh Lefty, that is what happens when you don't read the rest of the post.

If you do, you will see the problem with your response. Do try this in the future. Its a good skill to have.
Old February 5, 2004, 16:59   #80
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
A US company Kerry has nothing to do with, collaborated and traded with a foreign company. I don't see what that part has to do with Kerry. The waiver to Loral, which happened to benefit their trading partners, was Clinton's too. Now the first one, yes he did help them get listed, and yes they held a fundraiser for him in gratitude. I don't see that as a problem. It's good for the US for large companies to be listed on it's markets, isn't it?
Indeed. The connection is so tenuous, it is supported by dental floss and rotted pieces of wood. So Kerry gets a company on the NYSE, who later gets confidential info from an American company who Kerry has no ties to, who ends up giving that info to the Chinese. And Kerry is to blame for what exactly?

Quote:
His head is gonna be swelled for days.
Didn't the Superbowl commerical say he needs to see a doctor for this?
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old February 5, 2004, 18:35   #81
Ned
King

You know, Imran, you just don't get it. The issue is not so much helping the Chinese for money. It is the selling of influence or votes for money.

Kerry has stated he never did anything for people who gave him money.

That is a blatant lie.

Kerry is as corrupt as they come.
Old February 5, 2004, 18:46   #82
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
The issue is not so much helping the Chinese for money. It is the selling of influence or votes for money.

That is a blatant lie.

So he's a little less crooked than Bush. Big ****ing deal.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old February 5, 2004, 18:52   #83
The Mad Viking
King

This is faux-journalism; an editorial constructed of innuendo disguised as logic and presented as fact.

Quote:
Kerry Took Cash From Chinese Military Intelligence
In fact, the cash did not come from Chinese Military Intel. No-one can legally transfer money out of China without the approval of the Chinese Government Security Agency, which you can loosely translate to Military Intel. Even to say the Chinese govt ordered the transfer is stretching the truth. Approved would be a better word. In any case, the money Kerry took was from an American fundraiser.

Quote:
Democrats are counting on Sen. John Kerry's military credentials to convince voters that he can be trusted with America's national security.

But documents that surfaced over the weekend raise serious questions about whether Kerry was duped in the 1990s into helping the Chinese military perfect its ability to strike the U.S. with nuclear weapons.
"Documents surfaced over the weekend" when Newsmax pulled them out of their files...

Quote:
In 1996 Kerry met with Liu Chaoying, the daughter of a powerful Chinese military official who also doubled as vice president of a subsidiary of the state-owned China Aerospace Corp.

Before the meeting, held in Kerry's Senate office, Liu's sponsor, Johnny Chung, made clear she was interested in getting her company listed on the U.S. Stock Exchange.
"Her company"?
I thought it was a state-owned company? Why or how could a state-owned company be listed on the NYSE?

I believe it is Apstar, a company for which Liu may be a non-executive director and chairman, for which NYSE listing was sought. Its shares are also traded on the HKSE. It is a satelite communications company.

Quote:
The Democratic presidential front-runner was only too happy to oblige and ordered his aides to contact the Securities and Exchange Commission.

"The next day," reports Newsweek, "Liu and Chung were ushered into a private briefing with a senior SEC official."
Look at the diction. "only too happy to oblige"; "ordered his aides"; "ushered into a private briefing". What do they really mean? Kerry helped to set up a meeting. What do they SOUND LIKE? Something dirty.

Quote:
Within weeks, Chung returned the favor, staging a Kerry fund raiser at a Beverly Hills hotel that raked in $10,000 for the senator's re-election campaign.

Bank records would later show that Kerry's Chinese campaign cash came from $300,000 in overseas wire transfers sent to Chung on orders from the chief of Chinese military intelligence, Newsweek reports.
I'm now confused. In the first paragraph, the funds were raised at a Beverly Hills hotel. But Bank Records show the cash came from a wire tranfer from China. Ordered by Chinese Military Intelligence, who sent $300,000 to Johnny Chung, AN AMERICAN CITIZEN!?!? (How can that be, his name is Chung???

What is not mentioned is that when investigations determined that $28,000 of contributions (from Chung) were found to be illegal (foreign), KERRY RETURNED ALL THE MONEY.

Quote:
The money was routed through a Hong Kong bank account controlled by Liu, whose company later benefited from waivers granted by the Clinton administration to the U.S. aerospace giant Loral Corp.
What does THIS mean??? So the money was sent Liu in Hong Kong? I thought they said Chinese MI gave it to Chung???

Does the money routing have ANYTHING to do with Clinton granting waviers to Loral? What did Kerry have to do with it?

Quote:
As Liu and Chung were lining the pockets of the Democratic Party's political elite, Loral handed over top-secret missile guidance technology to Liu's firm.
Loral operates a network of communications satellites, as well as building & sellings satellites. They have sold several satellites to Brazil and Mexico. They also sold a satellite to China. The state department blocked the sale on grounds of national security.

Many companies began doing business with China in the 90s. Lockheed got in big trouble for helping the Chinese figure out how to fix a problem with a rocket launching a communications satellite in 1994!

Quote:
Liu's China Aerospace used the information to perfect Beijing's fleet of intercontinental ballistic missiles, which before the 1990s could not strike the U.S.

By the end of the decade, however, China's ICBMs could reach the entire continental United States with pinpoint accuracy...
Total speculation, at best.

China also now produces most of their own oil, makes computers, steel, ships, etc. I think they should impeach Walmart for sending all that American cash to China...

Quote:
...thanks in part to the senator who says now he can be trusted with America's national security.
There are two schools of thought. Isolationist, and free trader. If you want a populous country to progress towards freedom and democracy, improving their communications systems is a step in the right direction.

If you are a fear-monger, isolate!

Quote:
Chung later testified that before Liu wired him the cash to contribute to prominent Democrats, the chief of Chinese intelligence personally told him: "We like your president. We want to see him re-elected."
Oh. I thought they were contributing to his campaign because they didn't like him and wanted him out.

Quote:
Apparently, Beijing felt the same way about Sen. John Kerry.
If what Kerry helped arrange is such a big problem, why is it still traded on the NYSE?

Just curious. Have US interests ever attempted to help an individual in a foreign country gain or maintain public office?

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Last edited by The Mad Viking; February 5, 2004 at 18:59.
Old February 5, 2004, 18:55   #84
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

What's wrong with it? It's ******* bribery, a quid quo pro, do this for me and I'll give you money. Why do you think this company needed Kerry to get on the NYSE? Even if Kerry had no complicity in Loral's dealings with China, he was taking money from the Red Chinese to further the goals of their ICBM program. Did he know? I hope not, but for a guy who was on top of BCCI his niavete is astonishing and he should still be held accountable by the voters even if the "legal" system allows this nonsense. Of course, Bush is in the same system and undoubtedly takes money for favors, but he doesn't deserve our votes either...

And for the "Oh, it's Newsmax" people, they are reporting what others are reporting. In this case, apparently much of this is coming from Newsweek. And I wouldn't be surprised if Bill Gertz has been digging up alot of this...

Last edited by Berzerker; February 5, 2004 at 19:02.
Old February 5, 2004, 19:01   #85
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Quote:
The issue is not so much helping the Chinese for money. It is the selling of influence or votes for money.

That is a blatant lie.

So he's a little less crooked than Bush. Big ****ing deal.
When the fatcats at Enron gave Bush a call, he did not respond.

Bush is not corrupt.

Kerry is the most corrupt on the Hill.
Old February 5, 2004, 19:39   #86
Ned
King

Here is Clark on Kerry's honesty:

Clark said he is running for president "because I believe in open, honest government...

I believe in putting the national interests over the special interests. I believe in putting principle above politics....

"My opponents on the inside have said that the American people shouldn't hold them responsible for everything that happens because we don't understand how things work in Washington," Clark said. "They're right. I don't understand how Washington politicians can say one thing and then do another.

"Take education. I don't understand how John Kerry and John Edwards can criticize the No Child Left Behind Act. They voted for it. I don't understand how John Kerry and John Edwards can criticize the state of our economy and claim to be champions of America's working families, when they voted for the president's tax cuts for the very rich.

"I don't understand how John Kerry and John Edwards can claim to defend civil liberties and criticize the Patriot Act. They voted for it. I don't understand how John Kerry and John Edwards can criticize the war in Iraq, when they voted to give George W. Bush a blank check to go to war."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...rks/index.html
Old February 5, 2004, 22:48   #87
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
Bush is not corrupt.
Yeah, keep believing that. You don't get close to $200 million for your campaign if you are playing totally on the up and up.
Old February 5, 2004, 23:38   #88
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned

Bush is not corrupt.
Old February 6, 2004, 00:23   #89
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned

When the fatcats at Enron gave Bush a call, he did not respond.

Bush is not corrupt.

Kerry is the most corrupt on the Hill.
Comrade Stalin is not evil.
How could he be? He is a comrade!
Old February 6, 2004, 00:35   #90
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

probably more lies from the right wing hate propaganda machines... wake me if a credible news outlet evens touches this BS... I agree Kerry is bought and paid for like everyone else... but Chinese intelligence?

oh yeah... jimmytrick... go buy a history book