Old February 7, 2004, 12:24   #31
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 11:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras
ok what about 4 needljets, 4 choppers, 3 drop. inf. , 2 drop rober, 2 drop probs?

it is maby not all but it is a lot for the bgginnig. i think choppers, infantery and probs can be finished in 2 turns, the other might depend on how many crawlers we can "eat" for this.
I'd like to see 8 missle choppers (6-1-10), 4 drop infantry (1-3-1), 2 drop rovers (1-1-2), 2 drop probs (0,0,1) and 2-4 missle noodles (6-1-12) if possible. As long as we can get most of them finished in 2158 (3 turns) we'd be in very good shape. We are not going to "eat" any crawlers if we don't have to, we'll use crawlers to crawler minerals. But we won't be doing any more prototypes so we can't really convert crawlers either.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 7, 2004, 20:29   #32
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:32
well...to tell for sure i'll be able only when i get to see the turn.
but i sopose if we could use some crowlers we could have it for sure. i just have to check how to make it as less expaneive as i can. also at least one of the citys will HAVE to build police force...
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 10, 2004, 01:55   #33
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski

sorry my bad

CPU = CyCon+PEACE+Uni?

I'll stick with CyUni, that seems to be the one in common use.

-Jam
all good

I'm just calling them CPU because that's what they're calling themselves, that, and it's only 3 letters.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 10, 2004, 02:06   #34
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Any suggestion to rename our choppers and noodles?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 10, 2004, 03:52   #35
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Chopper-Yozora (night sky), boukun (tyrant, despot), Overseer

"Noodle"-Kikka (orange blossom) , MIG, Soyuz, Zero

The planes are more traditional and based off of names from real planes, or space"ships" in the case of the Soyuz. The choppers I got from japanese language. I like to think of choppers as being "tyrants in the sky".....
Old February 10, 2004, 04:49   #36
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

maybe MI-24 like the terorific russian chopper.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 20, 2004, 11:17   #37
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:32
I like MiG for our needlejets
Since the last MiG (Mikojan-Gurjewitsh) plane was named "MiG-35" we should name them something like "MiG-50". With better weapons/abilities that type number might increase

About upgrading vs. rushing:
I have found these numbers when I test-played a HumanHive transcendent SP game in scenario mode (although it crashed after some turns):

Scout Patrol [1-1-1] --> Drop Plasma Garrison [1-3-1 drop] : 50 ECs
Scout Rover [1-1-2] --> Drop Plasma Skirmisher [1-3-2 drop] : 70 ECs
Scout Rover [1-1-2] --> Drop Missile Speeder [6-1-2 drop] : 130 ECs
Gun Chopper [1-1-?] --> Missile Chopper [6-1-?] : 90 ECs
Gun Penetrator [1-1-?] --> Missile Needlejet [6-1-?] : 90 ECs

hope it helps.
Old February 20, 2004, 12:06   #38
Snowflake
Princess

Thanks so much dear Micha. That's what I thought too. That means we don't have a lot of money to upgrade shell choppers. If we have say 300 ecs we would be only able to upgrade 3 choppers.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 20, 2004, 15:09   #39
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 18:32
I think the "upgrade" feature was introduced to save obsolete units from being disbanded, not to create a cheaper way of building an army. That way it´s only logical that upgrades cost more than rushes...

However, these figures may change with technology. I think I remember Jamski saying something like that, though I´m not sure. Does anyone know about that?
Old February 20, 2004, 19:27   #40
Frankychan
King

Hmmm, I usually have to pay more for my upgrades. When i'm trying to upgrade, sometimes it won't let me upgrade my scout units at all despite the fact that I have the unit already prototyped and in production. WTH is that all about?
Old February 21, 2004, 17:20   #41
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

that was what i thought too, that was the reason i wanted to spend ALL of our money in rushig prottotypes and not in upgrading!

i didnt insist in that cause i didnt realy chcked it, it was just an asumption i alwyas worked with.
Old February 24, 2004, 14:30   #42
Snowflake
Princess

In most cases I believe upgrading is more expansive, unless you are still in your first row of production. For example In Googliegrad I was producing a droped plasma garrison. It didn't have much carried over minerals so to rush it so that it can be finished the next turn is pretty expensive. I don't remember the number maybe something like 68 or more. But Googliegrad has a scout that I built last turn for Drone pacifying purpose. So I upgraded it for 50 ecs and Gooliegrad would be able to finish building another scout the next turn so you still have your scout and dropped plasma garrison, but you spend less money by upgrading than rushing.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 24, 2004, 14:36   #43
Snowflake
Princess

Anybody is up to trying to find a good design for a 3x3 or 5x5 energy park? I know there are a lot good discussions on the help forum about energy parks. But I don't have time to look for them right now. I would greatly appreciate if somebody could do this for us.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 24, 2004, 17:15   #44
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

sorry, i dont usualy use them, so i wouldnt know how to build it.
Old February 24, 2004, 18:31   #45
Snowflake
Princess

Yea I have never used it either. But on Mount Doom we have a very nice mountain with 3500 attitude and I thought it might be an ideal site for it.

I still haven't got on stand for my hearing yet so I really can't do more at the moment. But I'll try to search for it in the help forum when I am done with the rate case.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 24, 2004, 19:32   #46
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

what about just filling all of it with echlon mirrors?
Old February 24, 2004, 20:20   #47
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 12:32
I know how to build them.

I'll take a look at it over the next few days.

The general rule is to place it in a well protected area.

For land parks you put an echelon mirror in the center of solar squares. You place crawlers on all the squares, crawling energy back to your SSC. Your SSC has every energy and lab enhancing facilty possible.

You build roads to and throughout you park to enhance development of the park and movement of the crawlers to it.
Mead
Old February 25, 2004, 08:27   #48
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

thanks for the info
Old February 25, 2004, 11:02   #49
Snowflake
Princess

I've asked the question here in the help forum and Kody has answered it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 25, 2004, 14:48   #50
Snowflake
Princess

Also I finally remembered this.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 25, 2004, 18:52   #51
Frankychan
King

Hmmm, are we going to have any units designated as defenders for the park? I've had a couple games where 1 chopper destroys everything. I'm also trying to comprehend the eco-damage done for boreholes.

I can't seem to figure out how to manage the eco-damage and the resulting mind-worm attacks....can someone give me some tips?
Old February 25, 2004, 20:27   #52
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
Hmmm, are we going to have any units designated as defenders for the park? I've had a couple games where 1 chopper destroys everything. I'm also trying to comprehend the eco-damage done for boreholes.

I can't seem to figure out how to manage the eco-damage and the resulting mind-worm attacks....can someone give me some tips?
Yes, we will have to protect the park.

I hope we have the AOE bases far enough removed so that it is out of direct chopper range by the time the fusion era begins.

Even after we capture enough of the AOE bases to prohibit them from getting a needlejet to the park, or a chopper in less than two turns, we will need to keep a close eye on the infiltration reports and patrol the likely avenues of approach once it appears they have launched choppers on a deep strike. Then hopefully, we will be able to kill those inroute choppers on the ground/water.

Mead
Old February 25, 2004, 20:34   #53
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Also I finally remembered this.

So beautiful I had to reach for a tissue to dry my eyes from the tears of joy.

Mead

PS

Hong Hu,

I didn't check the very last proposed save you posted, before uploaded the turn. It looks like you have been very productive.

PPS

Really, recognizing that our energy park will need to be well protected we may be better of concentrating on boreholes.
Old February 25, 2004, 20:41   #54
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan

We are going to have to start making some Tree Farms to keep the eco damage in check.

I was hoping to get one or two more rounds of military production out first before the eco damage began to cause us a problem.

I know (and welcome) the additional cash and other benefits Tree Farms will give us, but I want to take Uni, roll back CyCon and perhaps take the Datajacks within the next 8 years.

Mead
Old February 25, 2004, 22:15   #55
Frankychan
King

Thanks Comrade Mead.

While I do know we will have to plan on protecting the park, I was kind of indirectly asking on how much units we would designate as defenders. If you look at what's coming up we might stretch our forces too thin.

1. Invasion

2. Protection of PEACE base.

3. Protection of Energy Park.

Now, I don't want to be a 'wet blanket', but we should really start to think on our unit allocation. We should be clear on the role that PEACE will play once they establish their base. Additionally, we should know whether or not the Drones role in the University invasion as well as their view towards PEACE.

I have been monitoring the embassy, but I still can't figure out what their view on PEACE is. I'm looking at them contributing some units or give us some creds or SOMETHING for our efforts.
Old February 26, 2004, 01:03   #56
Snowflake
Princess

The invasion should be over in four to five turns. The energy park will not even be there yet in that short of time. So we don't really have a conflict. If Peace set up their base at that little island, I think it is going to be good for us actually, we could use it as an outpost. In other words it benefits us while protecting them. If it is only this one base I don't really think we need the Drones. But when we do need help we could always ask.

I do not have enough experience about late stage games, war and energy parks. I would appreciate some detailed explanantion about what kind of protection we are going to need for that energy park.

My plan is only doing a small 3x3 one, so we won't be investing in it very heavily. It will be a nice addition but won't be a fatal heart where when it is destroyed the entire Hive falls down or something like that.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 26, 2004, 01:05   #57
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead

So beautiful I had to reach for a tissue to dry my eyes from the tears of joy.
It is beautiful isn't it? Our ancesters have indeed left us some great treasure.

Quote:
I didn't check the very last proposed save you posted, before uploaded the turn. It looks like you have been very productive.
What did I do?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 26, 2004, 01:10   #58
Frankychan
King

Ah, thanks Comrade HongHu.

From my experience for late game protection...the best thing we could do is have some AAA units there...unstacked along the outer borders. But once conventional missiles are produced, nothing really is foolproof protection.

Sorry, I was thinking the park was going to be bigger than 3x3...like mine which are usually 8x8 or so....probably want to have the AAA units one tile away from the shore, but construct sensors so we can see boats coming our way......just my 2 cents.
Old February 26, 2004, 01:14   #59
Snowflake
Princess

Actually mount doom is surrounded by our bases. So I feel that they are actually quite well protected already. It is not very far from the shore but not very closed either.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 26, 2004, 01:20   #60
Frankychan
King

blast it! I'm getting confused!