Old February 6, 2004, 08:05   #1
Kaboth
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:35
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Problems with pacism
I've been playing the Free Drones with se choices of democratic, market, and wealth and due to the -5 police rating I have been getting pacism. But the pacism has been caused by air craft that are sitting in my base naturally in my territory so why are they creating pacism and drones in their home city? I am playing Alien Crossfire 2.0 the latest version. Is there some kind of error in the code that calculates pacism?
Old February 6, 2004, 08:41   #2
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 12:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Only interceptors with not trigger the pacifism problems.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old February 6, 2004, 10:53   #3
Ogie Oglethorpe
ACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 17:35
Nope you'll find Needles, choppers, missiles , and IIRC graships all will cause issues with pacifism.

Your solutions are:

a) Crawler all resources needed to this base(s) and specialize all citizens. No workers means no opportunity to create drones

b) Punishment sphere - All citizens will be pacified to worker status including talents reduced to workers. Additionally research for this base will be reduced by 50% despite bugs that make it appear otherwise. In reality research is cut inhalf tho.

c) Aescetc Virtues and build a brood pit. Aescetic yields +1 global police, Brood pits yield +2 police for the particular base for overall police effect of -2 for the base to which these air units are homed which will allow no negative pacifism effects. (Alterantively Sparta and Brood pits yields the same effect)

d) Rely on interceptors only.

Of the above options the easiest one to implement is option a) IMHO. Industrial Automation is nomrally the first beeline. Setting up a small base supported by crawlers for purposes of homing an air force is realtively simple. All one needs do is make sure nuts and mins are being supplied to support population and units.

Later on I prefer option c) but usually by that point is more preferable to run Green over FM as overall energy output is better running Green than FM. So it becomes moot for all factions except Drones (which you are playing).

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter
Old February 6, 2004, 12:08   #4
SynthetGod8
Warlord

i suppose the practial reason that offensive jets cause unrest is because jets are a blantly offensive weapons that are used to strike bomb targets. Interceptors, however, are clearly a defensive weapon that are best best to eliminate incoming aircraft and ground forces before
Old February 6, 2004, 12:09   #5
SynthetGod8
Warlord

i suppose the practial reason that offensive jets cause unrest is because jets are a blantly offensive weapons that are used to bomb targets. Interceptors, however, are clearly a defensive weapon that are used best to eliminate incoming aircraft and ground forces before they can arrive at a base.
Old February 6, 2004, 18:07   #6
Kaboth
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:35
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Wow that's annoying.

Good solutions though Ogie particularly the asthetic virtues and broodpit. Unfortunately the Gains beat me to ascetic virtues.

I guess by building the punishment sphere I can make that base a permanent bomber builder that just builds clean needlejets and choppers. Any needlejets or choppers build elsewhere could be rehomed to the punishment sphere base so that they don't cause distress elsewhere.