Old February 6, 2004, 13:54   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 11:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Propaganda preparations - stolen from somebody who stole from somebody else
Quote:
QUOTES FROM EITHER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES GEORGE W. BUSH OR SENATOR/CHANCELLOR/EMPEROR PALPATINE FROM THE STAR WARS MOVIES

BY JASON MCGREGOR

1. "Your friends have failed!"

2. "As a matter of common sense and self-defense, [we] will act against such emerging threats before they are fully formed."

3. "If we have reason to believe someone is preparing an attack against the [Republic or U.S.], has developed that capability, harbors those aspirations, then I think the [Republic or U.S.] is justified in dealing with that, if necessary, by military force."

4. "The [Republic or Nation] is not what it once was—the Senate is full of greedy, squabbling delegates. There is no interest in the common good."

5. "That will be part of the resolution, authorization of use of force. If you want to keep the peace, you've got to have the authorization to use force."

6. "Now witness the firepower of this fully operational battle station."

7. "If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed."

8. "You will pay the price for your lack of vision."

9. "Delaying a vote in [Congress or Senate] would send a message that the [Republic or U.S.] may be unprepared to take a stand, just as we are asking the [international community or universe] to take a stand."

10. "My [country or planet] will continue to encourage all parties to step up to their responsibilities as we seek a just and comprehensive settlement to the conflict."

11. "I will not let this [Republic or Nation]... be split in two. My negotiations will not fail."

12. "We cannot stand by and do nothing while dangers gather. We must stand up for our security and for the permanent rights and the hopes of mankind."

13. "It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling. I love democracy, I love the [Republic or United States of America]. The power you give me I will lay down when this crisis has abated."

14. "The [chancellor or president] is authorized to all means that he determines to be appropriate, including force."
Feel free to guess who said what and I don't know the answer. But I feel no matter who said what, these are good propagandas to be used when we open our war against the CPU. Just substitute "Human Hive" where it says "US".

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 6, 2004, 16:52   #2
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 17:36
Its really hard to tell the two apart

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 6, 2004, 20:56   #3
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 10:36
HongHu, on my way back from class I had decided to make a Propaganda thread to help me with the next PRAVDA. Yet you beat me to it!

Anyway, I plan of submitting a little piece I've been thinking of for the last few days called, "The Un-Free man: the Fallacy of Democracy". If anything, it will ruffle some feathers out there.
and then refusing to decide
Old February 6, 2004, 21:06   #4
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 07:36
It sounds like my post in the last PRAVDA has given you inspiration, Comrade Vander.

I support it
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 6, 2004, 21:31   #5
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

HongHu... where do you get this stuff from?

-Jam
Old February 7, 2004, 01:10   #6
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Vander
HongHu, on my way back from class I had decided to make a Propaganda thread to help me with the next PRAVDA.
Great minds think alike, aren't they?
Look forward to the un-free man.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
HongHu... where do you get this stuff from?

-Jam
Why? I thought of these all by myself of course. Wait! Are you planning to sue me? I had said that it was stolen from somebody who stole it from somebody in the title didn't I? And I vaguely remember there was a name of somebody under the title ...

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 7, 2004, 10:00   #7
Jamski
Deity

Where, not WHO.
Don't skim my posts

-Jam
Old February 7, 2004, 12:15   #8
Snowflake
Princess

MZO

You posts are so short it's really hard to skim

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 8, 2004, 20:47   #9
Jamski
Deity

Shorts posts are good. I get to the point and don't waffle on about the game all the time

I mean just build loads of units and go bomb the Uni. What's all the discussion about *big huge wink*

-Jam