Old February 9, 2004, 03:54   #121
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 12:38
Local Date: November 2, 2010
My position is that nothing a government does is immoral insofar as its dealings with other governments. You cannot impute morality to a thing, only to a person and then you can only hold that person to the prevailing moral standards of his society-the consensus moral beliefs.

A head of state or a body of statesmen acting in that capacity are essentially the state, and we are beating a dead strawhorse to even discuss morality in relation to states.
Old February 9, 2004, 03:55   #122
Pax
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:38
It's yo thread boss.
What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation
Old February 9, 2004, 04:01   #123
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 11:38
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick
My position is that nothing a government does is immoral insofar as its dealings with other governments. You cannot impute morality to a thing, only to a person and then you can only hold that person to the prevailing moral standards of his society-the consensus moral beliefs.

A head of state or a body of statesmen acting in that capacity are essentially the state, and we are beating a dead strawhorse to even discuss morality in relation to states.
Really? So on what basis did the world boycott and isolate South Africa until the regime capitulated to its own people?
Old February 9, 2004, 07:37   #124
East Street Trader
Prince

I rather doubt that secret self help societies have much significance.

But I am mistrustful of anyone who joins one.

(Are you a member JohnT? )
Old February 9, 2004, 10:36   #125
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:38
Jimmy: Re. Bush and JFK.

Pax: "Your own statement also points to conspiracy when you say that there is a New England elite. "

No, no conspiracy. Just a logical consequence of the US' historical and economic development.

"Easily rigged over relatively small dollars."

However, both were immediately busted. Remember: Given time, the truth wins out. Especially conspiracies that involve more than 1.

"On the day that OJ Simpson was found not guilty of murder the President revealed that the government had conducted radiation experiments on its citizens between the early 40's and 1974. "

No, the President confirmed that there were radiation experiments. The fact of these experiments was wide knowledge even back in the 1970's (when I was a kid, probably sooner.) Hell, I remember reading about them in such non-fiction potboilers as The Book of Lists and The People's Almanac by Wallace and Wallaschenski (sp!) back in 1977. No big secret there.

I gotta tell you... this is about as funny as it gets. A college fraternity out for world domination! Didn't I see this in Revenge of the Nerds IV? Or was it VI?

Btw, y'all can argue the Amerind issue between yourselves. I've got enough to do today without getting into that one.
Old February 9, 2004, 10:39   #126
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

I'm waiting for the evidence of corruption, beyond being tied into the oil industry.
His lies about the war against Iraq, for starters.
Old February 9, 2004, 10:39   #127
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by East Street Trader
I rather doubt that secret self help societies have much significance.

But I am mistrustful of anyone who joins one.

(Are you a member JohnT? )
Check out the secret membership lists that are spread around the internet of this secret society. You'll find the name "John T.." sadly lacking.
Old February 9, 2004, 11:33   #128
East Street Trader
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT

Check out the secret membership lists that are spread around the internet of this secret society. You'll find the name "John T.." sadly lacking.

Oh, bad luck.

Unless, perhaps, you are just better at keeping your secret?
Old February 9, 2004, 11:35   #129
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

You'd think I'd tell you?
Old March 9, 2004, 18:21   #130
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Nice thread that I missed.

The two Bushes weren't the first father and son president team. Look a lot earlier in American history for that to John Adams and John Quincy Adams. Other family ties in the presidency include.

Benjamin Harrison (the 23rd president) was the grandson of William Henry Harrison (the 9th president).

James Madison (the 4th president) and Zachary Taylor (the 12th president) were second cousins.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt (the 32nd president) was a fifth cousin of Theodore Roosevelt (the 26th president). also
Genealogists have determined that FDR was distantly related to a total of 11 U.S. presidents, 5 by blood and 6 by marriage: John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Ulysses Grant, William Henry Harrison, Benjamin Harrison, James Madison, Theodore Roosevelt, William Taft, Zachary Taylor, Martin Van Buren, and George Washington.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Last edited by Sprayber; March 9, 2004 at 18:44.
Old March 9, 2004, 20:12   #131
VetLegion
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
Emperor

Local Time: 19:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
also
Genealogists have determined that FDR was distantly related to a total of 11 U.S. presidents, 5 by blood and 6 by marriage: John Adams,
So, how big is the elite from which presidents come?

10 000? 100 000?
Old March 10, 2004, 08:16   #132
Pax
Chieftain

That would be a good research project to find the linkages between the Presidents.
What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation