Old February 9, 2004, 15:20   #1
shmily_dana
Warlord

Local Time: 17:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
the gather slaughter
In many RTS games their comes a point where all the enemy gatherers are killed. THis is one of my least favorite parts of most games. I was playing "Empires : Dawn of the Modern World" this weekend and as I was watching my Panzers and infantry mow down dozens of defenseless famers I wished I could capture then instead and put them to work for me. After all, that is what tends to happen in real wars.

Alternatively, the villagers could become partisans and try to kill/sabatoge my troops.

This comment applies to almost any RTS game. It happens in Rise of Nations, the Age of Empires series, Starcraft, etc.
Old February 9, 2004, 15:45   #2
stuntman19
Prince

Local Time: 17:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
In American Conquest you can capture workers and mines\buildings as well. The buildings\mines can be a bit tricky since you would have to repair any damaged done before the building explodes, which can be done with captured workers sometimes. Many times AI buildings are garrisoned and close to other buildings, so in the middle of on going battles it can be tough. Mines though...especially coal tend to be spread around the map so easier to capture.

It's not a bad game really with morale, formations and large unit limits, but online community is fairly dead and SP games on random maps have some issues that keep it from being a complete experience.