Old February 12, 2004, 23:33   #181
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 02:45
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Well well... since Fez is back I suppose we are allowed to make jokes about Unteroffizier Giancarlo and Hauptwefebel [sic] Fez.

Old February 12, 2004, 23:35   #182
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 14:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon
Well well... since Fez is back I suppose we are allowed to make jokes about Unteroffizier Giancarlo and Hauptwefebel [sic] Fez.

Hey moron, I never spelt Hauptfeldwebel out like that.

And that other forum I don't post at all that often. My little place on there is gonna be closed in a couple of days.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old February 12, 2004, 23:35   #183
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
Quote:
I'm probably not going to be a politican but rather just going into a government job not involving elections.
Manhole inspector?
You need to grow up.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old February 12, 2004, 23:38   #184
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 19:45
Quote:
Manhole inspector?
There would probably be an opening for such a job in the EU, given that we love having standards
Old February 12, 2004, 23:38   #185
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 03:45
Quote:
Oh, Fez. I think everyone on here has a better chance of being a politician than you do.

Yes, I love the way he has a hissy fit when he 'discovers' I'm both male and gay.

And not interested in him.

Do you think he knows that tortillera is slang in the Spanish Caribbean and Central America for lesbian?

It's warm and sunny here at the moment, Asher, thought you'd be glad to know.

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old February 12, 2004, 23:40   #186
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by molly bloom

Yes, I love the way he has a hissy fit when he 'discovers' I'm both male and gay.

And not interested in him.
I'm not interested in you either. Just kinda embarassed I thought you were always female. ****.
Old February 12, 2004, 23:40   #187
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 11:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
You need to grow up.
You're the one that throws the fits.
Old February 12, 2004, 23:43   #188
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Hey moron, I never spelt Hauptfeldwebel out like that.
Don't you know what "sic" means?

Quote:
And that other forum I don't post at all that often. My little place on there is gonna be closed in a couple of days.
Like hell you don't. I've seen it.

Are you being banned and that's why you've come back?

You can't escape Poly anyway, I found you quite by accident because some people were complaining about a "Giancarlo" flaming to the max.

I pretty much knew it was you, without even having to look. Someone else found the Hauptfeldwebel stuff. Do you have a link to that? - I wanted to see it again.

Given the suppressed mutual lust in this thread, I predict that Poly's first gay marriage will be Glonkie and The Fezzinator. I can't wait to see Glonkie's dress - I'm betting it will look like Princess Di's.
Old February 12, 2004, 23:46   #189
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Don't you know what "sic" means?
Usually means refers to a mispelled quoted word.

Dictionary: Thus; so. Used to indicate that a quoted passage, especially one containing an error or unconventional spelling, has been retained in its original form or written intentionally.

But, I never made that misspelling so I don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Like hell you don't. I've seen it.
You are wrong! Dead wrong!

Quote:
I pretty much knew it was you, without even having to look. Someone else found the Hauptfeldwebel stuff. Do you have a link to that? - I wanted to see it again.
Oh it is Unteroffizier now. That was just a little place I have to post stuff in.

[quuote]Given the suppressed mutual lust in this thread, I predict that Poly's first gay marriage will be Glonkie and The Fezzinator. I can't wait to see Glonkie's dress - I'm betting it will look like Princess Di's. [/QUOTE]

I'm not interested in Ashboy.
Old February 12, 2004, 23:53   #190
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Usually means refers to a mispelled quoted word.

Dictionary: Thus; so. Used to indicate that a quoted passage, especially one containing an error or unconventional spelling, has been retained in its original form or written intentionally.

But, I never made that misspelling so I don't know what you are talking about.
Yes, but I couldn't remember how to spell it. Hence the [sic].

Quote:
You are wrong! Dead wrong!
Am I thrown out of a helicopter to the sharks wrong.

Quote:
Oh it is Unteroffizier now. That was just a little place I have to post stuff in.
I know.

Quote:
Given the suppressed mutual lust in this thread, I predict that Poly's first gay marriage will be Glonkie and The Fezzinator. I can't wait to see Glonkie's dress - I'm betting it will look like Princess Di's.
I'm not interested in Ashboy. [/QUOTE]

Not much. The pair of you need to get a room.
Old February 12, 2004, 23:55   #191
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Oh. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Not much. The pair of you need to get a room.
I am a person of honor. I do not mess around with guys who are in a relationship. Let alone I wouldn't do it if I myself wasn't in a relationship with that guy.
Old February 12, 2004, 23:55   #192
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Actually, that was incorrect use of [sic] on your part. (sp?) or (sp) would be more appropriate. (sic) is used when you're quoting a source which did not spell something correctly or otherwise made a grammatical error.

Surprisingly, Fez is correct.
Old February 12, 2004, 23:57   #193
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Surprisingly, Fez is correct.
Holy crap.. that's going into my sig.
Old February 13, 2004, 00:03   #194
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

http://www.toothycat.net/wiki/wiki.pl?Sic

It just means "this mispelling is intentional".
Old February 13, 2004, 00:04   #195
Giancarlo
King

Not according to Dictionary.com.
Old February 13, 2004, 00:05   #196
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

(sp?) is not good english either. That's computer hackerese.
Old February 13, 2004, 00:07   #197
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Not comparing. I am just saying your definition of "sic" is wrong.
Old February 13, 2004, 00:08   #198
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
It's not hackerese, it's internet convention. And guess what you're posting on?
Old February 13, 2004, 00:20   #199
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Fez

Not comparing. I am just saying your definition of "sic" is wrong.
Well it isn't. It's used that way as well (in fact the definition you found is included in the broader one). It doesn't literally mean anything in English since it's a Latin word (I think it's the equivalent of the Greek hos - but I might be wrong there) which only means "so" or "thus".

I've seen it used both ways in academic writing, you get the second way a lot when reading about older stuff written in English/
Old February 13, 2004, 00:31   #200
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Quote:
Perhaps you could earn money as an artist's model.
Fez could be the "Before" picture for most products.
Old February 13, 2004, 00:33   #201
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Well it isn't. It's used that way as well (in fact the definition you found is included in the broader one). It doesn't literally mean anything in English since it's a Latin word (I think it's the equivalent of the Greek hos - but I might be wrong there) which only means "so" or "thus".

I've seen it used both ways in academic writing, you get the second way a lot when reading about older stuff written in English/
I was thinking about it used strictly in the terms of quoting somebody else who made a typo. I never thought you could do it that way.

Mrmitchell, shut up. Maybe you should apply for that job.
Old February 13, 2004, 04:31   #202
Giancarlo
King

Hey guys I been working out a bit at the gym at my dorm... I'm working on it.... anybody want to see a shirtless pic?
Old February 13, 2004, 04:32   #203
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

No.
Old February 13, 2004, 04:32   #204
curtsibling
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 18:45
I second that motion.
Old February 13, 2004, 04:32   #205
Giancarlo
King

Okay I guess that's an accurate census of opinion. Really I do look a lot better.. been working out twice - three times a week there... my latest weight is 140.
Old February 13, 2004, 04:34   #206
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 03:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Hey guys I been working out a bit at the gym at my dorm... I'm working on it.... anybody want to see a shirtless pic?
Nein danke, Gauleiter.

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old February 13, 2004, 04:49   #207
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 20:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Fez
Okay I guess that's an accurate census of opinion. Really I do look a lot better.. been working out twice - three times a week there... my latest weight is 140.
That's great.

still, NO.
Old February 13, 2004, 04:51   #208
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel

That's great.

still, NO.
Yeah I'm working on my appearance...

Okay no problem. Was just wondering.
Old February 13, 2004, 04:54   #209
curtsibling
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 18:45
So I imagine your ego is getting good exercise too?

What with a whole thread to work out on.
Old February 13, 2004, 04:55   #210
Giancarlo
King

Actually the more I feel my body getting developed, the larger my self image ego grows. Don't know if that's a good thing lol. Hey if it gets a hot guy flirting with me, I'm all for it.