Old February 29, 2004, 22:35   #271
Ned
King

Local Time: 09:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia

sure. you support the war in iraq, you're against abortion, you're for social security, against immigration, for the death penalty, against gay marriage, against polygamy, against incest, for the drug war, against legalization of all drugs, for the patriot act, and you support bush, one of the biggest liberty takers of them all.
Lawrence, obviously you are talking about a left wing caraciture of a right wing person.

You are not talking about me as I do not share even half of the opinions you say I have.

Now, think of the pickle you have just put yourself in.
Old February 29, 2004, 22:40   #272
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

not really. iwasnt sure of your positions, so i just named off a bunch. obviously since you havnt responded, some of them are correct. you might not share half the opinions i say you have, but you share the other ones.
Old February 29, 2004, 23:30   #273
Ned
King

Well Lawrence, I never said I was a pure libertarian. I just valued Liberty the most, more than "equality" for example.
Old March 1, 2004, 00:05   #274
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

those who are willing to compromise liberty for security deserve neither liberty nor security. - the guy on your $100 bill.
Old March 1, 2004, 03:54   #275
Ned
King

Lawrence, what are you talking about?
Old March 1, 2004, 14:55   #276
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 17:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Lawrence, what are you talking about?
He is talking about Ben Franklin. What he mean if people are willing to give up their liberity for absolute safely deverset neither.
Old March 1, 2004, 14:59   #277
CharlesBHoff
Prince

That law of the Church was so varsely word that if would mean what ever you want it to. This is why anti-homosexual people and solony law lover love this. That why in all fairing the Pope wrote back to the High Court that he didnot understand the law and what it meanth to do.
Old March 1, 2004, 16:03   #278
Japher
Emperor

I voted yes on both of the threads initial issues, and no on 56 if anyone cares... This thread has gotten too long for it's own good.
Old March 3, 2004, 01:44   #279
Lawrence of Arabia
PtWDG Gathering StormMac
King

www.sdvote.com

went to vote today. looks like 56 and 57 passed unfortunatly. no info on sd county props yet. Jim Gray wins libertarian primary for US senate by 400 votes (yay i voted for him.) kerry takes it handily. i recieved one vote for president. (funny, i didnt see my name up there)
Old March 3, 2004, 01:46   #280
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 13:48
Quote:
Originally posted by rev

I'm just turning the tables around, trying to put things in perspective. In my opinion, it's not weak at ALL (especially compared to those who are in denial and DON'T know where they want to take it ). I think you should be able to do whatever you want.

But there are many who view homosexuality as a disease, or a blight on humanity, just as you view drug use. In my opinion, it shouldn't even be up for debate -- government shouldn't be looking behind closed doors unless there's a victim.
There's actually a difference - homosexual sex is not inherently harmful or addictive (at least no more so than heterosexual sex).
Old March 3, 2004, 02:10   #281
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

What's up with the gay posts

we know skywalker isn't gay he is a True Player and President of Young Players Club at his school

Anyway as was stated both props passed today overwhelmingly.

$15 billion in bonds, now Cali has some breathing room financially until the next big boom happens. (My prediction is 2006, one year earlier than the boom of last decade).

Mis Novias
Old March 3, 2004, 03:37   #282
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 14:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
www.sdvote.com

went to vote today. looks like 56 and 57 passed unfortunatly. no info on sd county props yet. Jim Gray wins libertarian primary for US senate by 400 votes (yay i voted for him.) kerry takes it handily. i recieved one vote for president. (funny, i didnt see my name up there)
No and no.

57 and 58 passed. As did 55.

http://vote2004.ss.ca.gov/Returns/prop/00.htm

56 was defeated in a landslide.

I consider this a little moral victory over those who argued against me on 57 and 58. Especially you Lawrence.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 3, 2004, 03:44   #283
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
What's moral in it, the election had nothing to do with morals.

Unless you mean morale, in which case, you can't spell.
Old March 3, 2004, 03:45   #284
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 14:48
Hey it was a simple typo. Take it easy man. It doesn't mean you have to lash out like a total brat like that.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.