Old February 13, 2004, 02:25   #271
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 12:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Today, Sen. Kerry appeals to veterans in his quest for the White House. He invokes his Vietnam service at every turn. But an honest, enterprising reporter should ask Sen. Kerry this: Were you lying in 1971 or are you lying now? We do know that his speech was not the spontaneous, emotional, from-the-heart offering that he suggested it was. Burkett and Whitley report that instead, "it had been carefully crafted by a speech writer for Robert Kennedy named Adam Walinsky, who also tutored him on how to present it."

(jt-Now do you believe the botox rumors?)
Old February 13, 2004, 02:33   #272
Ned
King

Local Time: 09:49
Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun

I find it difficult to swallow the possibility that veterans would turn so viciously against other veterans.

Even veterans who disagree with a war that other soldiers are involved in, would not stoop down to espousing hatred for their comrades in arms.
Read the report of Jimmytrick.

Kerry is worse than despicable. Perhaps he can get elected in the Peoples Democratic Republic of the Kennedy's. But not in the rest of America.

Talk about politicians inspiring hate!
Old February 13, 2004, 02:36   #273
Ned
King

According to the MSNBC website, Kerry will be on Imus beginning at 8:29 Eastern.
Old February 13, 2004, 03:01   #274
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 01:49
Local Date: November 3, 2010

Ned and JT crack me up. This is why American politics is such a great spectator sport.

Kerry fights for his country, gets award medals for valour and the Republicans call him a traitor.

Only in America.

Old February 13, 2004, 03:49   #275
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 10:49
I don't understand what the big deal is.

There was a time when leaders were expected to have mistresses.

Back in the day a certain Mongol leader fathered thousands of children from thousands of different women.
Old February 13, 2004, 09:49   #276
The Mad Viking
King

Local Time: 17:49
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancer
"Let's all continue to pretend:

that something which has gone on for millenia; which is currently practicsed by millions and millions of American men and women of varying race, religion and social station; which is a natural genetic instinct and does no harm if kept discrete;

is somehow a mortal character flaw."

I DARE you to show this post to your wife.
Guess what Lancer?

Half the married people engaging in affairs - ARE WIVES!!!

(They tend to be more discreet then the husbands...)

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi
Old February 13, 2004, 10:17   #277
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mad Viking

Guess what Lancer?

Half the married people engaging in affairs - ARE WIVES!!!

(They tend to be more discreet then the husbands...)
This is inaccurate.
Old February 13, 2004, 10:20   #278
Ned
King

According to Drudge, Kerry simply dismissed the story. The Sun has details though

"RESIDENTIAL hopeful John Kerry was branded a “sleazeball” last night by the parents of a young woman he allegedly tried to woo.

Alex Polier, 24, was named as the woman at the centre of a scandal that threatens to damage Democrat Kerry’s bid for the White House.

Her mother Donna claims Kerry, 60 — dubbed the new JFK — once chased Alex to be on his campaign team and was “after her”.

There is no evidence the pair had an affair, but her father Terry, 56, said: “I think he’s a sleazeball. I did kind of wonder if my daughter didn’t get that kind of feeling herself.

“He’s not the sort of guy I would choose to be with my daughter.”

Terry, of Malvern, Pennsylvania, added: “John Kerry called my daughter and invited her down to Washington two or three years ago.

“He invited her to be on his re-election committee. She talked to him and decided against it.”

Kerry is on the verge of sealing the Democratic nomination to take on George Bush in November.

The scandal broke yesterday on the Drudge Report website — which revealed President Bill Clinton’s affair with intern Monica Lewinsky.

One of Kerry’s former rivals, General Wesley Clark, told reporters earlier this week that Kerry’s campaign would “implode” over the issue.

Another Kerry rival, Howard Dean, has reversed his decision to quit the race because of the scandal.

Twice-married Kerry, a senator from Massachusetts, was last night believed to be relaxing with his wife Teresa, a Heinz heiress with a £350million fortune.

After his first marriage and before his second the Vietnam hero was a well-known playboy with TV star girlfriends.

Journalist Alex was in Kenya last night refusing to comment."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004071162,00.html
Old February 13, 2004, 10:38   #279
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

typical bullshit...
Ah, so after Dredge claims he's got a breaking story about Kerry screwing around, it comes down to "he talked to her about working on his campaign and her mommy and daddy didn't like it."

It that's the best these people c an come up with, then the Bushites are pretty desperate.
Old February 13, 2004, 11:04   #280
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 01:49
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
According to Drudge, Kerry simply dismissed the story. The Sun has details though

"RESIDENTIAL hopeful John Kerry was branded a “sleazeball” last night by the parents of a young woman he allegedly tried to woo.
Oh, is this it? Empty words from "the parents of a young woman he allegedly tried to woo?"

Much ado for nothing.
Old February 13, 2004, 11:15   #281
pchang
King

Dean
should be quitting about now

If social security were private, it would be prosecuted as a Ponzi scheme.
Old February 13, 2004, 11:26   #282
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 13:49
Re: Dean
Quote:
Originally posted by pchang
should be quitting about now
Why?
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 13, 2004, 11:29   #283
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Well, at least this time the press will not protry the (assumed) victim as a slut.
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old February 13, 2004, 11:33   #284
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

OK, so where's all the salacious details? Have to admit that this is a letdown so far.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old February 13, 2004, 11:40   #285
pchang
King

Re: Re: Dean
Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Why?
The posts above claimed that Dean postponed his quitting annoucement because of news of this "scandal".

If social security were private, it would be prosecuted as a Ponzi scheme.
Old February 13, 2004, 11:43   #286
chequita guevara
Emperor

Re: Re: Re: Dean
Quote:
Originally posted by pchang
The posts above claimed that Dean postponed his quitting annoucement because of news of this "scandal".
I must have missed that. Could you point to that please?
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old February 13, 2004, 11:52   #287
yavoon
Warlord

why are the lefties walking all over women in this thread?

"yah **** all the women u want while married, its all good in da hood dawg."
Old February 13, 2004, 12:00   #288
lightblue
Warlord

Local Time: 18:49
Not just me that thinks that is a bit of a weak scandal then And using The Sun as a source...
It’s a great art, is rowing. It’s the finest art there is. It’s a symphony of motion. And when you reach perfection, you are touching the divine. It touches the you of yous – which is your soul. George Pocock
What fun is that? Why all that hard, exhausting work? Where does it get you? What is the good of it? It is one of the strange ironies of life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest. Brutus Hamilton
Old February 13, 2004, 12:03   #289
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by yavoon
why are the lefties walking all over women in this thread?

"yah **** all the women u want while married, its all good in da hood dawg."
Who's walking all over women? Was anyone raped? As far as I can tell, no one has alleged that Kerry forced, coerced, or otherwise manipulated anyone into having sex with him.
Old February 13, 2004, 12:05   #290
chequita guevara
Emperor

Salon's carrying the story, but from the angle of Republican attack tactics.
Old February 13, 2004, 12:06   #291
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:

Who's walking all over women? Was anyone raped? As far as I can tell, no one has alleged that Kerry forced, coerced, or otherwise manipulated anyone into having sex with him.
I know, but thats not the position ur taking. the position all the lefties are taking is that ****ing somethin cute on the side is nothing to even look at.
Old February 13, 2004, 12:08   #292
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 11:49
Quote:

I know, but thats not the position ur taking. the position all the lefties are taking is that ****ing somethin cute on the side is nothing to even look at.
First, how is that anti-women? By our positon, it would be no problem if hillary got some beefcake on the side on her way to the precidency.

The position is that past infidelity is not sufficient grounds for disqualification as a valid choice for president, anymore than past alcoholism and drug use is.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old February 13, 2004, 12:13   #293
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap

First, how is that anti-women? By our positon, it would be no problem if hillary got some beefcake on the side on her way to the precidency.

The position is that past infidelity is not sufficient grounds for disqualification as a valid choice for president, anymore than past alcoholism and drug use is.
it all adds up. stop pretending issues are all magic bullets, its really starting to urk me. Obviously ****ing someone else while married does not mean ur the spawn of satan. but its also DEFINITELY NOT GOOD.

oh so ur just into a whole orgy of infidelity? yah I'm sure women LUV THAT. "hey honey I know I luv u, but she just has such a great ass!"
Old February 13, 2004, 12:13   #294
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
How is this anti-woman? What, women don't like to have sex? All heterosex is rape? What?
Old February 13, 2004, 12:14   #295
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:

How is this anti-woman? What, women don't like to have sex? All heterosex is rape? What?
whoa? warp my argument more? I swear half my responses to u have to be corrections of ur abusive interpretations of my posts.

no its the insinuation that the vow of a husband to his wife is of trivial importance and breaking it simply isnt a big deal.
Old February 13, 2004, 12:15   #296
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
it all adds up. stop pretending issues are all magic bullets, its really starting to urk me. Obviously ****ing someone else while married does not mean ur the spawn of satan. but its also DEFINITELY NOT GOOD.
Neither is it relevent to chosing a leader. It's relevent to chosing a mate, but I'm not planning on marrying Kerry, so I don't care if he's heating on his wife. It has no bearing on his ability to lead nor upon his politics. It may not be good, but in this context, neither is it bad. It is irrelevent.
Old February 13, 2004, 12:16   #297
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:

Neither is it relevent to chosing a leader. It's relevent to chosing a mate, but I'm not planning on marrying Kerry, so I don't care if he's heating on his wife. It has no bearing on his ability to lead nor upon his politics. It may not be good, but in this context, neither is it bad. It is irrelevent.
goes to integrity. which is relevant.
Old February 13, 2004, 12:17   #298
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
no its the insinuation that the vow of a husband to his wife is of trivial importance and breaking it simply isnt a big deal.
It may be of big importance to those who like to cluck their tongues, but it really has no bearing on a person's ability to lead.
Old February 13, 2004, 12:17   #299
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:

It may be of big importance to those who like to cluck their tongues, but it really has no bearing on a person's ability to lead.
obviously we disagree.
Old February 13, 2004, 12:18   #300
chequita guevara
Emperor

Quote:
goes to integrity. which is relevant.
How is this anti-woman?