Old February 14, 2004, 15:12   #1
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 19:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Spooky 2
These things I've mentioned before, but no-one commented.

1 - In Mamluks (when it comes to Kitboga unit) and in Heraclius, I've noticed a strange thing. These units, both very strong when it comes to the defence value and hitpoints, have to be killed by the human player if He wants to survive. Anyway, if You kill it, it often, bah, always until recently, happened that though it was killed, and an event triggered, it is in fact still there, with minimal hitpoints left; if You kill that phantom unit, the event is not repeated. I'm not sure if it was a justonce thing, I'll check it. I think it has to due with the defensive or hitpoint values of these two units.

2 - Early in my civ games, when |I was building maps, I've noticed that some starting points actually act as cities if You leave them alone for some time. By which I mean that some, I think one of them, "grew"; it had the looks of a larger city.
Also, irrigation appeared all around it - but it was not present if the map was loaded.

3 - I've discovered it while working over Komnenai I think. There's a specific, blue - grey colour, which, used in a city style, gets much more vivid if the city falls into civil disorder

4 - It is a common knowledge, but it is interesting. If You capture a city that is then destroyed by changeterrain event, a city window is opened. What interests me is why that and not another city is opened.
Old February 15, 2004, 11:30   #2
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

1 - What exactly are the unit stats for those?

2 - You mean in the map editor? I've also seen different city graphics used, but never any irrigaton, I think. Not sure if it has any meaning...

3 - Does it become black by any chance? It's very possible that, upon disorder, the palette of the icons image is loaded and also used for the city graphic. If the two are different, the colors would change.
I guess with a little inventive palette use, you might be able to make some much more significant changes when a city goes into disorder.
Old February 15, 2004, 15:24   #3
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercatore Uno
1 - What exactly are the unit stats for those?
22a,6d,5h,1f,90,0 - Focas
12a,5d,2h,1f,4,0 - Kitboga

Quote:
2 - You mean in the map editor? I've also seen different city graphics used, but never any irrigaton, I think. Not sure if it has any meaning...
That's something for someone to check. I have some surmisions, but can't prove it. Map with irrigation (NW Asia Minor - around Nikomedia, and around Constantinople, attached

Quote:
3 - Does it become black by any chance? It's very possible that, upon disorder, the palette of the icons image is loaded and also used for the city graphic. If the two are different, the colors would change.
I guess with a little inventive palette use, you might be able to make some much more significant changes when a city goes into disorder.
I thought about using it. Unfortunatelly, though I'm sure I saved it somewhere, I can't find it right now. But it was not changed into black; it was greyish blue that turned into bright blue I think, I've made the roofs of houses in my byzantine city style of that colour at the start, I've checked Komneani, and I'm afraid I've cleaned it up. Perhaps I'll find it oneday again. And I'm sure it's not the only colour that acts in this way.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip irrimap.zip (8.1 KB, 4 views)