View Poll Results: Vote for options you think they are right.
Prime Function (turn player for CC and PUT) 11 19.30%
Second Function (back up for Prime Function) 11 19.30%
External Function should be split in Military Affairs and Foreign Affairs 10 17.54%
Internal Affairs should be split in separate functions for CC and PUT 7 12.28%
3D Editor function as a new function (information minister) 8 14.04%
Intelligence Department as new Function (CIA - Consciousness Intelligence Agency) 5 8.77%
Write in: 0 0%
Xenobanana Function 5 8.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 14, 2004, 15:37   #1
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 19:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Government organisation poll (attempt three)
So it is now time to poll about new government organisation. Blah, blah - vote!
Old February 14, 2004, 15:44   #2
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Just a remainder - vote only for the things you are for - if you are against it then do not vote for it.
Old February 14, 2004, 15:51   #3
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

After Lauri requested so - here it comes.

This poll is about CPU reorganisation following discussion thread started by Impaler. You vote for any new positions you think that need to be open or you just confirm the need for old ones (like for Prime or Second Function).
After this is cleared we will have elections with nominees for voted functions. EVERYTHING CLEAR? Alright. Vote!
Old February 14, 2004, 15:55   #4
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

voted

- Paul Valery
Old February 15, 2004, 03:49   #5
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Grr, Obstructor. I proposed CIA for Conscieusness Internal Affairs, let Intelligence be ID of IF (Intelligence Department or Function)

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 15, 2004, 07:16   #6
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
Grr, Obstructor. I proposed CIA for Conscieusness Internal Affairs, let Intelligence be ID of IF (Intelligence Department or Function)
Nevermind the name then we willd decide later. If I change the poll it will reset votes.
Old February 15, 2004, 13:40   #7
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Com'on ppl, vote...

Only 7 so far, there are more ppl who didn't want to expelled by Tass

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 15, 2004, 18:51   #8
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 17:57
All but CIA voted.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 17, 2004, 12:40   #9
GeoModder
Deity

* bump *

It's almost of the page...

I'm starting to have second doubts about having so many Functions in function. If I look to the number of voters, it seems reasonable to assume we're going to have difficulties filling every slot.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 17, 2004, 16:01   #10
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Doublepost.
Old February 17, 2004, 16:02   #11
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Well it seems there is only six or seven really active people here, seeing that only third of our so called members have voted.
Old February 17, 2004, 16:53   #12
GeoModder
Deity

So it seems. Wasn't Tass supposed to 'release' those non supporting members? I'll check that thread...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 20, 2004, 17:19   #13
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

*bump*

Vote people!
If this continues, we will have to either throw out inactive members or give increased voting powers for active ones.
Old February 20, 2004, 17:44   #14
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 08:57
I voted a while ago...
Old February 20, 2004, 18:14   #15
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

A good Cyborg you are. If only others are like you...
Old February 20, 2004, 20:58   #16
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 14:57
banana. definately.
Old February 20, 2004, 21:36   #17
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 08:57
I thought that was the other name for the Prime Function....
Old February 21, 2004, 01:06   #18
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 14:57
correct. I, the little-known Emperor Prime Function, hired the 'normal' or 'Xenobanana' Prime Function to act as a figurehead and serve my command. That way if I screw up, the 'Xenobanana' Prime Function will take the blame and i'll get off scott-free. It's been a little-known plot of mine, dating all the way back to planetfall. Hm, i suppose i'll have to terminate you now. oh well
Old February 21, 2004, 07:07   #19
GeoModder
Deity

Come ppl, one more vote for Method (banana) and there is one government slot less to fill.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 21, 2004, 09:19   #20
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 17:57
Looks like the new government will consist of all but the CIA. Nice

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 21, 2004, 12:58   #21
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Looks like the new government will consist of all but the CIA. Nice
Looks like it. I guess it's about time a 'nomination' thread pops up? That's Mani's job, I suppose?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 21, 2004, 13:18   #22
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Well actually DeathByTheSword's job, but I guess I could do it too.

Though should we consider the split of IAF into a PUT and CC division accepted? In the past the tradition was that 2/3 was necessary to accept a constitutional change like this one, but only 60% is for the split.
But I'll do whatever you want: the government positions aren't really a big issue for me. I'm more concerned about finding active enough members to fill the positions.
Old February 21, 2004, 13:27   #23
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Though should we consider the split of IAF into a PUT and CC division accepted? In the past the tradition was that 2/3 was necessary to accept a constitutional change like this one, but only 60% is for the split.
But I'll do whatever you want: the government positions aren't really a big issue for me. I'm more concerned about finding active enough members to fill the positions.
My thoughts exactly on both accounts. Not enough votes to split the internal affairs of PUT and CC, and probably troubles finding enough dedicated members.
When is Impaler due to return? In time to take IAF again?

Btw, you told me we don't have a constitution, so what's the nonsense about 2/3 majority?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 21, 2004, 13:47   #24
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

This is really starting to bea trouble. With so much members (27 now?), and only 11 voters we have some serious issues. How can we poll if such things will occur all the time? We certainly have to decide when the polls have enough voters to consider them "constitutional" and what mayority is needed. Perhaps the more voters participate the less majority needed in a poll.
Old February 21, 2004, 14:01   #25
GeoModder
Deity

Maniac didn't mean 2/3 majority from all members, only from the ones voting.

This poll is in action one week now, and it's about time to let ppl choose if they want to have a government slot or not, IMO.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old February 21, 2004, 14:27   #26
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I knew that, but we need to decide what level of participated members is needed to consider a poll validated.
Old February 21, 2004, 21:01   #27
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 10:57
If people arn't voting then their not active.

Theirfor all votes by definition contain all active member, as long as their was a resonable period of time for the vote I would consider any vote valid.

And as for my returning to active duty, this is going to happen eventualy when I have my new system built. Hopefully around the begining of March.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old February 22, 2004, 11:24   #28
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
Btw, you told me we don't have a constitution, so what's the nonsense about 2/3 majority?
This is indeed a major paradox that keeps many cyborgs puzzled... It is a constitution that states what percentage of the active voters need to agree to accept a constitution. As a consequence before a constitution is accepted, we cannot know what percentage of people should agree to accept that constitution. So it isn't possible to accept any constitution in the first place. Many cyborg lawyers, judges and philosophers have spent their entire careers trying to find a way to solve this logic loop, but until now everyone has been unsuccesful.
Old February 22, 2004, 14:00   #29
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I just noticed that someone voted for no new functions, nor for the old functions? Who is this Cyborg who thinks we do not need any kind of government?
Old February 22, 2004, 14:34   #30
Maniac

Probably Tassadar.