Old February 14, 2004, 19:11   #1
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
What is the best way to have a successful C3C Game?
Hi!

What is the best way to have a good C3C Game so I can build up lots of Cities, Armies, Research alot and of course which Civ would be the best to get the ropes of the game?

Thanks!
Old February 14, 2004, 19:19   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 13:57
You talk about a loaded question. Well Ind + Ag is not a bad choice.
The map size will have more to say about the number of cities in the game. The larger the map and lower the percent of water, the more cities.

Research is faster with more production and commerce, which means more cities that are well developed. The higher the level of difficulty the more tech cost and hence the slower it will be to accomplish.

So in short many good civs to use, but maybe Mayans will be about as good as any.
Old February 14, 2004, 21:21   #3
lethe
Warlord

In the strategy forum there is a post stuck at the top called Must Read Threads. Read as many of them you can stomach. Play a few games. Read them again. Play a few more games. Read some more. Try to apply what you read.

Much like chess actually.
Old February 14, 2004, 23:45   #4
Ksim3000
Chieftain

Mayans........interesting, I'll have to give them a try sometime. Also thanks for you help, I appreciate it.
Old February 15, 2004, 13:49   #5
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 13:57
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
I'd also say that REL+IND and REL+SCI are good to learn with... adding that it might be good to learn to play with an Ancient Era GA first (later, you'll usually want to be in a more modern gov't for your GA), I'd suggest Egypt and Persia as good 'learning' civs.

Welcome aboard, and good luck!!
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old February 16, 2004, 09:28   #6
PrinceBimz
Prince

Local Time: 11:57
Re: What is the best way to have a successful C3C Game?
Quote:
Originally posted by Ksim3000
Hi!

What is the best way to have a good C3C Game so I can build up lots of Cities, Armies, Research alot and of course which Civ would be the best to get the ropes of the game?

Thanks!
There is really not a best way in Civ3 or C3C to always have a good game. I would suggest staying on the lower levels and reading a few threads in the strategy forum. It seems everyone develops there own way of playing. Good luck!
Old February 16, 2004, 16:14   #7
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 14:57
Play Chieftain.
Old February 16, 2004, 17:06   #8
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 12:57
Religious + Scientific? Isn't that an oxymoron?

OT.... You should try Archipalego or Contients with the "reveal map" option enabled.

Pick an Industrious civ, along with any othe trait you desire, preferably Religious.

That way, you'll be able to see where the enemy civ's pop up, and know the layout of the land. Play a few games...

then after you feel confident, deselect the "reveal map" option and either try games without revealed maps, or move up a difficulty level.

Thats the best advice I can offer.
Old February 23, 2004, 23:23   #9
bvoncranium
Warlord

Local Time: 12:57
Re: What is the best way to have a successful C3C Game?
Quote:
Ksim3000 asked:
What is the best way to have a good C3C Game so I can build up lots of Cities, Armies, Research alot...
In addition to the fine suggestions above, I'd add that you're goals of building and researching will be made easier by setting the AIs and barbarians to be the least aggressive. That way you'll have much more time to build, research, etc.
Of course you won't develop the most effective strategies or tactics if there are no threats, but you can build and research to your heart's content.

Have fun - bvc

P.S. I know one Civ player who only ever explores and builds - that's what she enjoys. When it looks like there's nothing left to find or build, she hands the game over to another player, who only likes the fighting.