Old September 1, 2000, 15:33   #1
Andz83

Want a game!! NOW!!
I know that now is a bit absurd because I'll be in bed when the first of you read this.

The thing is: I want to play my first Civ2 MP game over internet. I've played several LAN games and now want to experience an internet game. is anyone interested?

ICQ me under 77849402
or mail me: andz83@gmx.net

if you want to play now, just post in or contact me

Old September 2, 2000, 10:21   #2
Andz83

I'd say today (september 2) at 16:00 Apolyton time!

or maybe every day about 15:00 Apolyton time is when I'm ready!

Old September 2, 2000, 13:43   #3
Jedi518
Warlord

Local Time: 23:05
Local Date: October 30, 2010
rdy when u are
Old September 2, 2000, 15:04   #4
Andz83

OK, the first two participants are currently discussing about the game starting conditions.. post in here if you want to be in

Old September 2, 2000, 18:24   #5
Andz83

I just quit the game... you should hear the story

we were three guys playing: jedi518, Gibsie and me

Gibsie led the Japanese, I had the Germans and jedi the Aztecs... Gibsie was kicked from the game and re-entered it - but not with the Japanese, he took the Russians! the Russians who happened to be my neighbours! he loaded an elephant on one of his triremes and attacked one of my inland coast cities... with an elephant he didn't even build himself!!! the city was defended with only 1 or 2 warriors, it was taken soon. unfortunately I wasn't fast enough to rush-buy a strong unit for a counter-attack on the elephant... but that's not the point. the russians wouldn't ever have attacked me on this way, the human player did. but it wasn't his civ nor his army nor his trireme. they all were built by the AI, he just selected the best civ to gain as much success as possible. unfair, definitely!

what is that a playing style for!! playing the first 3000 years, then take another civ which happens to be stringer and in range of another human player and sneak attack him! is that ususal! I left my inland cities weakly defended because I knew that the Russians wouldn't ever attack it (stupid AI, you know). I didn't have the time to prepare for a human neighbour, so the whole story stinks like rotten meat. jedi518 doesn't want to play with me anymore because I'd be a so-called quitter.. if leaving an unfair game is considered unfair by you, then I don't WANT to play with you, man!!

and now jedi518 tells me that he doesn't care what I say about that story.. how fair and mature...

what should I do? should I have accepted the tyranny of someone who just changes his civ however he wants? I don't think so
<font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Andz83 (edited September 02, 2000).]</font>

Old September 2, 2000, 22:33   #6
Smash
Emperor

Local Time: 15:05
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Of course not.These things happen.Sometimes when you get booted and try to rejoin your civ isn't available.The game hasn't recognized that you have been booted or something.
Very often it requires the host to restart from the last save.

Not too good for your first online game but thats pretty normal.

ALWAYS defend heavy in MP games.Assume someone is plotting.Early Feudalism(compared to games against the ai)is a good plan.Go overboard if you have to.
Old September 3, 2000, 08:01   #7
Andz83

thank you for your understanding, smash