Old February 19, 2004, 01:32   #121
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 18:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ben Kenobi,

Here's an interesting theological question for you.

Can God act immorally?

This isn't a stupid paradox-type thing, this is an actual question about how you define morality, and how you define God.
Old February 19, 2004, 01:48   #122
Aeson
Emperor

Local Time: 12:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Well, how are you going to set aside a land for your people?
Quite an inept God if he can't answer that one. I can think of several non-violent options given his supposed power, and I'm certainly not all knowing. The list would be as endless as God's power wouldn't it?

1. Easiest is to use that all knowing part.. and just not place anyone in the way in the first place.

2. If you forgot to look at your crystal ball and see the Israelites running into someone else, part the seas, move a mountain, ect... make a nice new uninhabited livable area or a pathway to one.

3. Just let the Israelites settle in the Desert... remember to send some rain along and keep the mana flowing until they are self sufficient. If you promised milk and honey, well, have it delivered.

4. Give the Israelites gills and fish tails, then give them dominion over 70% of the earth! Make them think those gills and fish tails aren't sexy and you take care of all those adultery problems too!

5. Create a new earth in a galaxy far away. Plant the seeds of life and create a super intelligent race capable of intergalactic (or even time) travel. Send said aliens to abduct the Israelites, but in a nice and enjoyable (no anal probing!) manner.