Old February 19, 2004, 22:11   #61
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 04:09
Local Date: November 3, 2010
In primary school I hated teams sports so much, I was in the 'Addams Family plays soccer' group.

That Janis Ian song, 'At Seventeen', aptly describes the experience of being in the 'salon des refuses' for team sports.

In grammar school I was in the 'dangerous to know' clique- because they weren't certain I was gay, but they were sort of convinced. My dislike for team sports continued- when playing cricket I used deliberately to get myself out as soon as possible, so I could sit and read, and when fielding, always used to sit right out on the boundary, preferably near a bush or tree, so I could read in peace.

Hooray for the gym and weight training, no more win one for the House toss.

A cross between a jock and a nerd- a jerk or a nork.

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old February 19, 2004, 22:13   #62
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 20:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Molly Bloom I thought you were married and spend your time at the bushes of Australia and the wild not gay.
Old February 19, 2004, 22:19   #63
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I didn't belong to any clique for most time at high school, just hung out with a few good friends. OTOH, I hung out with a clique on weekends, with "friends" that weren't from school. The group dynamics were very gossipy, hypocritical and materialistic, so I didn't feel well there (but I didn't have much choice by then).

Towards the end of high school, I discovered the geek clique, and I felt great among them. I still have close friendships with quite a few of them.
Old February 19, 2004, 22:21   #64
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Ever got a "retenue" Spiffor?
Old February 19, 2004, 22:24   #65
molly bloom
King

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
Molly Bloom I thought you were married and spend your time at the bushes of Australia and the wild not gay.
I'm sure that's just the ouzo talking.

I'm not married, I don't live in the Bush, nor the Outback, nor the wild blue yonder. I live in Thessaloniki's twin city.

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old February 19, 2004, 22:26   #66
Bereta_Eder
Settler

My mistake then.
I doubt it's Thessaloniki's twin city.
Old February 19, 2004, 22:32   #67
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
Ever got a "retenue" Spiffor?
Once, as my teacher was angry I didn't have clean papers. I was not the guy who causes ruckus.
Old February 19, 2004, 23:31   #68
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 18:09
i didn't belong to a clique..unless you counted myself. i didn't have friends. and if i had ppl who pretended to be my friends, it never last very long. i was a lonely person ....alone with myself......school was always a sad place...although not as bad as home if you get my drift.
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old February 20, 2004, 01:09   #69
Cavalcadeus
Warlord

Local Time: 13:09
My grade only has 50 people in it so there is a certain lack of cliques. There is more of a majority of people who get along versus the minority who don't get along so well the the rest of the grade. I mainly hang out with a few good friends but we get along fairly well with the jock, nerd, prep, people from the outcast group but that are cool, and the sadly addicted to video games groups. So pretty well the majority of the grade except for some of the outcast type people.
Old February 20, 2004, 02:44   #70
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 02:09
I was at the intersection of the following cliques:

1. computer hackers
2. scientists
3. D&D players
4. Chess and bridge players
5. Badminton players
6. Chinese

The group consisted of only me
Old February 20, 2004, 03:32   #71
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 11:09
I guess I was closest to the intellectuals.

Although I probably belong more to the loser clique

I had a bit of stoner in me as well. Stoner is an 80's thing. You kids may not have neard of that one .
Old February 20, 2004, 04:20   #72
devilmunchkin
Warlord

i knew it! you were just too damned good at the hooka!
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old February 20, 2004, 04:52   #73
Sikander
King

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
The D&D clique.
My group was a small one which was equally anchored on wargames / D&D / other RP games and sports. I was also a tangential member of the brain clique. I'm still friends with those guys btw, even 25 years after graduation with most of us living out west now.
Old February 20, 2004, 05:05   #74
Verres
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by pchang

Didn't you say you had sex some large number of times within a 24 hour period? You had to have talked to someone to do that.
Bearing in mind i go to an all girls school......no. Talking to strangers I have no problem with, the ***** im 'educated' with are a different matter altogether
Old February 20, 2004, 05:06   #75
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
i knew it! you were just too damned good at the hooka!
yes I am familiar with the operation of a bong. Although I preferred pipes or joints. Actually I preferred joints over pipes as well. But I never did smoke that much. But my best friend was a major stoner. So I have been known to participate at times. But we lived fairly far apart, so it wasn't a daily thing for me.

The rest of my time in high school I spent working (I had an inventory service job) and concentrating on doing well in school. Not sure why. My good grades in high school are meaningless now. I just needed the challenge. But really, high school wasn't all that challenging.
Old February 20, 2004, 05:45   #76
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 03:09
Cliques

There were no intellectuals at my school, or in my town, or in my district.

1. The lovers of punk rock clique.
2. The D&D clique (such as it was).
3. The hang out with older people and smoke pot clique.
4. The "serious" rock music clique.
5. The "people who wear black" clique.
6. The "don't by any means do any schoolwork" clique.

And others... generally a weirdo.
Old February 20, 2004, 06:15   #77
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 02:09
Strange as it may sound, I was in a clique that was pretty much right wing, anti-commie, militaristic. What can I say. I was young and foolish.

I was also in a intellectual clique. They needed someone to confirm that they were smart.
Old February 20, 2004, 06:41   #78
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

The people at my school were not even vaguely familiar with the meanings of the terms "right wing" and "commie". In fact their political beliefs were much like those of your avatar.

You weren't one of those dorky guys who had a thing about knives and guns were you?
Old February 20, 2004, 07:17   #79
Ari Rahikkala
King

Local Time: 21:09
I was... er, am in the clique of people who can use plurals .
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old February 20, 2004, 08:22   #80
Dr. A. Cula
Warlord

Well, I was part of the listen-to-any-rock/metal-band clique, and entertained good relations with the listen-to-any-punk-rock-band clique and with the listen-to-Depeche-Mode clique, mainly because we were all part of the make-fun-of-the-french-teacher and go-up-in-the-mountains-and-listen-to-loud-music cliques.
In my high school there were several other cliques made on this pattern, plus the we-listen-to-crappy-music-because-we-are-too-cool-to-listen-to-anything-else clique, who were avoided by everyone else in the school. I hear things are different now, with only 2 cliques: the we're-cool-because-we-take-drugs clique and the we-don't-take-drugs clique.
Old February 20, 2004, 09:40   #81
Pekka
Emperor

We really didn't have that strong deviding between jocks nerds, populars etc. But I guess there was some of it going on for sure, but for example the populars would talk to nerds if they asked something etc, because basically everyone knew each other already.

I guess it would go in effect as who are you spending your free time with. After school. I was both in the nerdie (or intellectual) group as I was fascinated by computers and there were few guys I talked to a lot and they basically got me started with their instructions, and helped me buy my first Amiga 500 and then PC later on.
So we were in good terms, plus it was more than just my computer, I was interested all there was to it and they didn't reject me for also hanging out with the jock types, because I played hockey seriously at that point. So they didn't diss me for it, and didn't play any jokes on me, and I didn't play any jokes on them so it was good thing. I still kidn of think back and am grateful for it, because without those few guys, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing today, and I wouldn't by studying and graduating and building my career on what I'm now doing. So I have a lot to thank for.

About the jock types, well there weren't too many sports played in your HS, but hockey was dominating sport and I was in the team that was considered good team and in second line as left wing so it was pretty good thing too. And they never teased me for hanging out with the intellectual ones. But like I said, we knew each other from earlier grades, so what's the point of starting something....
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old February 21, 2004, 22:34   #82
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Quote:
Well, at least you'll be prepared if you end up in prison.
It's looking likely...

I'm currently in existentialist/band/stoner clique at college
Old February 21, 2004, 23:18   #83
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

My high school was a bit wierd in that there were a lot of cliques but there wasn't any real social hierarchy and there was a lot more overlap between the three big cliques (Band, Sports and Drama). We had the kind of school where the second-string Jazz band came in third in the state competition and a huge chunk of the school population turned out to cheer for the drama people in the state drama competition (to the point that nobody could hear what the hell the people on stage was saying). The only really wierd clique were the Goth techies but nobody really bothered them.
I was kind of in the Honor Students Who Run Cross Country Clique to the extent that I was in any. And then somehow in college I ended up in the "we wish we were Jews" clique.
Old February 22, 2004, 00:51   #84
Kirnwaffen
Warlord

Local Time: 12:09
Much like JohnT, I pretty much maintain good relationships with people from all of the various cliques, though I am very closely associated with the "techies" and the theatre program in general.
Old February 22, 2004, 01:04   #85
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 14:09
I sat at the retard table in the cafeteria....

hehe.

But i was known by everyone in the school, and moderately well liked. I guess my group would be called the "Metalheads" but I traveled between groups a bit. At least at school.

I dated the queen of the emerging goth group. She was a metalhead when we dated, then she became a goth type. We were king and queen of good music at that school. hehe.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	kiss2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	313.9 KB
ID:	64986  

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old February 22, 2004, 01:11   #86
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 13:09
I hung out with every clique at least once.

i was really close with potsmokers/jocks and valevictorians though.
Old February 22, 2004, 01:15   #87
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Plus I played football, and was friendly with the jocks, the gangstas, the nerds, and even a few of the preps. Though mostly the bottomfeeders were my group.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old February 22, 2004, 01:26   #88
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Somehow managed to start a Renegade Clique.

Oddly enough, such a team was allied with anyone with the capability to see past their own delusions... i.e. almost nobody.

Meh... sure picked plenty of fights easily.
Old February 23, 2004, 01:14   #89
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

I guess, currently, I am in two cliques. One is the pseudo intellectual "cahirs" clique. The reason for the "chairs" thing, is because that is where we all sit and talk, at these cheap shoddy grey chairs in the "commons" area of our school, which is really just a 2 foot depression in the wall. The other clique, would be the "film club" clique, because we( 4 people including the mandatory teacher) meet and watch "films". Actually it is more often just family guy. Nobody really knows that the film club exists though, that's why I made t-shirts!
Old February 23, 2004, 01:28   #90
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

bipolorbear's clique was also known around school for copious amounts of "quotes" when using "terms" during conversation. They often faced "ridiculue" when using their "fingers" to create "quote marks" in the air while speaking. The "band geeks" even "looked down on" this poor class of "outcasts."